PDA

View Full Version : This fledgling "Unclub" thing...

02hawk796
01-23-2004, 02:55 AM
OK, I'm not sure where you guys are in terms of settling on the new way to do things, and I see some members do have Mod status attached, but I can throw in my 2 cents worth, for your consideration.

If there is no Admin or Mod forums, and everybody is essentially 'equal' members, then I suggest a new forum be created or considered. Something like "BCM Structure, Guidance, Coordination, Goals" or only part of that too-long name.
There are people here who would like to help, in different ways. If everybody is equal, more members might be interested in helping in their own way. However, it could become somewhat haphazzard if some 'coordination' is not available. So that no "Coordinator" be thought of as a mini-boss or anything, a set term could be stated from the get-go, like a few months, or maybe a year (assuming nothing comes up). Even a couple of coordinators could work out as long as they're using the same calendar draft. Coordinators can help point out events that might conflict, even those that aren't 'posted' yet.
Events or other things that are in developement could be seen by other members who might voluteer to 'help' with the deal. I'm a little fuzzy on this idea after a day of work, but some way could be provided for more 'nobodies' to see or help with what is being 'worked on' or 'worked up'.

Many of us do not fully understand the Structure of BCM, now or in the beginning. I only recently found out that Andy was the sole philanthropist for web fees. No need for anybody to fear their egos exposed, just let us know, and perhaps keep us up to date. A notification post in the General forum will qickly fall off the page unless stickied, but would be appropriate in a forum as I've suggested.
If we wanted to help with flyers, who is the dude that is doing that, either currently or normally (these are examples of questions).
If we wanted to help with BCM weekly car shows, who's running that this year, or this month? Who's setting up the restaurant agreement?
Who's working on the Annual BCM show? Just because somebody can't make it to a Monday show or a Wednesday show doesn't mean they wouldn't like to help on a weekend show.
Maybe a simple list of people working on something would clarify things. Or a list of people who proclaim technical knowledge of different cars, engines, suspensions, power augmentation, sound, etc. Then they wouldn't be moderators, but some would be ID'd as someone to query. The lists could change, update.

I wish I could remember this idea more cleraly, sorry. Does anybody undestand what I'm saying?

Silver350
01-23-2004, 10:48 AM
I will probally show up at the BK shows if they happen and maybe the annual shows. But in reguards to the club I am no longer Helping to orginize events and stuff for the club. I am done with having to worry about people showing.

Syclone0044
01-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Now that you bring up the subject, I am kind of curious as to who owns BCM? My general impression was that it was Scott Silver350 but after this moderator-brouhaha that I missed out on, I would have guessed Intelman34 is the owner and Yooformula is like his right-hand-man or something. So who is Andy and why is he paying the bills when a simple WHOIS search tells that Intelman34 is the true owner of Brewcitymuscle.com? Nobody has to answer, I'm just wondering aloud in terms of general discussion with "the guys" ;) If everyone's going to be "equal" then I guess it doesn't really matter anyways...

Crawlin
01-27-2004, 10:24 PM
some people may have MOD in their name cause you can input anyting in that user title. like i used to have "Anti Streetability Moderator". that may be what you are seeing.

Cryptic
01-28-2004, 11:29 AM
from what I know about it BCM was Brandon's idea, he also help organize the weekly meets and what not.

Yoosef has done alot for BCM as well. He organized the shows (including our big one at BW3's).

I'm sure there is more to the story but I dont know it.
I came in a little while after BCM was formed. I volunteered to help Brandon switch web hosters (his last one wasn't too good in my opinion.) Anyone else remember when you went to brewcitymuscle.com and it forwarded to fbody-forums.com.
I though that was pretty ghey. So I fixed it :D

I worked for an ISP at the time so it worked out nicely since I could get free bandwidth. I dont work there anymore so I have my own webserver that I manage that BCM resides on.
To answer 02hawk796's question. It was me who did the flyers in the past. I just got a little too busy to do much lately. I try to sneek in doing a sig banner now and then for everyone.

Scott (Silver350), became very active with the board. Very high poster. Showed up to every meet. (not to mention is truck is always spotless). He helped me with taking pics of other members cars. I made him a photo Gallery moderator. Basically Scott's invovlement gave him the access he has (or is it had now??? I have no clue)

From my perspective, Brandon, Yoosef, Scott, and myself have dedicated alot of time to making BCM what it is. When BCM is in full swing it takes the team effort. I know there are others that also helped but the 3 above standout in my mind.

Syclone0044
01-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Thanks, that helps clear it up.