PDA

View Full Version : packer/texan game

Karps TA
12-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Can we please get Gus Johnson to call all the games? The annoucer is making the game more exciting then it actually is.

He's reminding me of Good Ol JR from WWE.:rolf

badass88gt
12-07-2008, 03:16 PM
OK, now that the game is over, lets hear it. How did Rodgers blow this one? LOL.

I blame the defense again. The final drive all the way from the 2 yard line should have never happened. When the going got tough, the Packers D laid down and played dead.

Anakonda69
12-07-2008, 03:18 PM
no offense lost the game. no third down conversions? we should have killed them with 4 turnovers. offense needs to get good before we get down in score.

Karps TA
12-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Well it's not like he was good today. He missed alot of wide open guys, and didn't win the game. First 3rd down conversion was what the 4th quarter? I'd say the Defense is terrible, and the offense is not very good when it matters.

VroomPshhTsi
12-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Not just the D but the Defensive play calling on the last drive... why the fuck were our safeties 25-30 yards off the ball?? They had plenty of time on the clock to take 10-15 yard pass plays over the middle for big chunks of yards to set up that field goal. Seriously that was terrible defensive coordinating. Have our secondary up more to hit the WRs right when they get the ball or jump a route and get another pick which would've been HUGE.

Blah, Packers are frustrating to watch. No playoffs this year, o well.

Beagle
12-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I agree. Troy Aikman is a homo and they sit they and say the same things everyweek over and over again. Not to mention they bring up Bret Favre every other play. I think I only heard them saw bret favre once today and that was because of the flashback of the texans vs packers in 2004.

That_Guy
12-07-2008, 03:22 PM
defense fail

Anakonda69
12-07-2008, 03:22 PM
no he wasn't he overthrew alot of people. for the yards we gave up our defense did good pointwise. we shouldn't have it coming down to a defensive hold on the last drive every week. it gets old.

badass88gt
12-07-2008, 03:27 PM
My point is when it came down to it, in the last 10 minutes, Rodgers did what it takes, then the defense lost it for them. They were tied with incredible field position to make a stand and the defense blew it.

Karps TA
12-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Amazing how just a year ago people were talking about what a genuis Thompson was and how he built such an amazingly talented team built to last. Where is all this talent? Besides Greg Jennings and the signing of Woodson, I don't see a whole lot of great players on the field that weren't their before they came.

Karps TA
12-07-2008, 03:30 PM
My point is when it came down to it, in the last 10 minutes, Rodgers did what it takes, then the defense lost it for them. They were tied with incredible field position to make a stand and the defense blew it.

Wha? With like 4 minutes left and the game tied Rodgers came in and when 3 and out. That's not doing what it takes at the end of the game to win. Has he won a game this season on a final drive?

badass88gt
12-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I guess youre right, I forgot about the 3 & out drive. Either way, they suck, lol.

Karps TA
12-07-2008, 03:37 PM
As they say, you are what your record is. And the QB is judged by wins. People got tired of everyone making excuses for Favre, but atleast he had done something in his career. The constant excuse making for Rodgers is even more frustrating since he's not done anything yet. And that doesn't mean he may not be a good even great QB someday, but he's just not winning games right now, so who cares what his personal stats are. People can blame the defense and rightly so at times, but Peyton Manning had some horrible defense sfor several years and still won games.

Honestly he's really one of the least of my complaints. lol

Yooformula
12-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Nismodave posting this....

http://i.ehow.com/images/ehows/steps/consciouschokingadultstep1_L.jpg

Yooformula
12-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Coop posting this...

http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Beagle
12-07-2008, 04:20 PM

Really? Did you even watch the end of the game? Rodgers almost misses driver for that 50 some yard pass. They are in field goal range by far. Then comes a holding penalty then rodgers gets sacked. They end up punting. The defense didnt do shit. But it was the Defense that kept the pack in the game. You cant win a game if your offense doesnt convert on 3rd down. Thats what lost it for them not the defense. Its Been the offense the last few weeks. They havent been able to get points when they need to. Then they put all the pressure on the defense to come up with the big plays. If the pack would have won today everyone would have been talking about how the defense kept them in the game. Rodgers is a homo endo story. :loser

badass88gt
12-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Like I said above, I FORGOT ABOUT THE 3 AND OUT DRIVE. Go back and read again.

Beagle
12-07-2008, 04:27 PM
yea i caught that sorry.

badass88gt
12-07-2008, 04:29 PM
I guess there is a bright side to all of it. At least we're not Lion's fans, LOL. Now THAT has got to suck.

Lash
12-07-2008, 06:42 PM
And in other news......

The Cowboys are one game closer to missing the playoffs.

badass88gt
12-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Oh my, not the Cowboys? They lost? Arent they directly controlled by God himself? How can that be?

Reverend Cooper
12-07-2008, 07:28 PM
ahahaha yeah the Cowboy's lost,they will still go to the playoffs. and they still have a better record than Green Bay. sucks the Packers lose and bothe the Viqueens and Da' Bears win. looks like no playoffs at all for Green Bay period. Ha Ha

badass88gt
12-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Playoffs arent guaranteed for the Cowgirls either.

I had much more to type about this, but I think I may have just broken my pinky. I'll type it in a few weeks.

Lash
12-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Giants, Baltimore, and @Philly = the end of the Dallas playoff run.

Reverend Cooper
12-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Cowboys will be fine,even if they don't make the playoff's they will still have done much better than your Favre less Packers Ha Ha.Steelers have the best defense in the league,none of the rest in our schedule can boast that.

badass88gt
12-08-2008, 06:00 AM
Please. Giants are gonna roll over the Cowbitches like a train hitting a cow on the tracks.

Anakonda69
12-08-2008, 09:47 AM
let's hope for a good free agent off-season. even though ted thompson sucks at signing people too. lol

DirtyMax
12-08-2008, 09:52 AM
I guess there is a bright side to all of it. At least we're not Lion's fans, LOL. Now THAT has got to suck.

Don't worry... the Packers will help make sure the Lions go 1-15.

badass88gt
12-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Tru dat.

fivonut
12-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Cowboys will be fine,even if they don't make the playoff's they will still have done much better than your Favre less Packers Ha Ha.Steelers have the best defense in the league,none of the rest in our schedule can boast that.

Who did the Girls lose that made them go from home field advantage through out last year, to no playoffs this year??

Karps TA
12-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Cowboys will be fine,even if they don't make the playoff's they will still have done much better than your Favre less Packers Ha Ha.

Underachieving with a team full of high priced superstars is not exactly something to gloat about. Maybe Jerry Jones can throw more money away next year.

Fast SVT
12-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Packers are my second fav team.

Getting rid of Favre is looking like it was a bad decision.

lol