PDA

View Full Version : pulled over within the first 48 hours

Yamahachick02
12-07-2008, 11:19 AM
I just bought a new 2008 Jeep Wrangler and on my way home last night I get pulled over. I just picked up the Jeep Friday morning. Apparently my plates that were transferred from my Grand Prix to the Jeep aren't registered to anything. I was laughing the whole time and the cop was pretty cool but it still sucks. Now does this mean I am going to have bad luck with this?

PS driving in Franklin sucks.

BadAzzGTA89
12-07-2008, 11:28 AM
I just bought a new 2008 Jeep Wrangler and on my way home last night I get pulled over. I just picked up the Jeep Friday morning. Apparently my plates that were transferred from my Grand Prix to the Jeep aren't registered to anything. I was laughing the whole time and the cop was pretty cool but it still sucks. Now does this mean I am going to have bad luck with this?

i Got pulled over in Franklin on my way home from work for the same thing!
I traded my GP in at Lynch and bought my Regal and had plates transfered and thought all was well and got pulled over i just called Lynch and they payed the ticket and took care of the plates like they should have b4 must happen alot.

Crawlin
12-07-2008, 12:00 PM
The people at our South store should have done the plate transfer for you since all the paperwork was run through my store. Even if they did, the state doesn't get the finalized paperwork into their computer for a week or two. They should have given you a "Temporary Certificate of Registration" that you could provide the officer to show you had just bought the truck.

Kristin, congrats on the new Wrangler. When I saw your name pop up for me doing the paperwork, i wrote Dan to see if it was really you.

Hope everything goes good with it.

GTSLOW
12-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Lets put a lift on it! JKs can clear 35's with a small lift too btw.

btw post some pics :D

www.jeepforum.com :thumbsup

Yamahachick02
12-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Well the thing that gets me is my plates should still be registered to my GTP. The cop said they weren't registered to anything.

PB86MCSS
12-07-2008, 01:19 PM

Can't be any worse than Muskego or New Berlin.

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Cops lie.

I got pulled over on Hwy 100 for having car plates on a tiny little S10 Xtreme and the cop said "you better call Madison, I am sure they the wrong plates for this truck". So I asked "well what make and model did they come back too ?" And this dumb pricks has the nerve to tell me " I did not run the plates to check them."
I did get a window tint ticket and the moron did not even check the front of my truck, which had no plate.

I never called Madison as Madison sent me the plates when In bought the truck new from Boucher, it said right in the glove box door, "this truck not to be used as a truck" in so many words.

Good luck with the Wrangler, its a great time in WI to have a Yeep. :thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
12-07-2008, 01:36 PM
A sort of similar thing happened to me last spring.....I had regular plates on my Olds, and sent for hobbyist plates, the person at the "special plates division" said to not worry, the old plates would be fine until the hobbyist plates arrived (they take about a month to arrive in the mail) and to just drive the car with the old plates until then. Well, as soon as my application was processed, the DMV cancelled the old plates, without telling me, of course. So I took the car out, and immediately got pulled over for having "invalid" plates. I told the cop what was going on, he was laughing about it, and said: "Well.....uh....not really sure what to do here....I guess just don't worry about it..." He could have probably been a real a**, but he was super cool.

JC70SS
12-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Can't be any worse than Muskego or New Berlin.

Try Elm Grove:flipoff2:

BadAzzGTA89
12-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Well the thing that gets me is my plates should still be registered to my GTP. The cop said they weren't registered to anything.
That's what they also told me!

brotherbenn83
12-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Franklin cops are just trying to keep the trash in Oak Creek, where they belong.

Yamahachick02
12-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Franklin cops are just trying to keep the trash in Oak Creek, where they belong.

Thanks Ben. :alcoholic

michelle
12-07-2008, 04:56 PM

There's only one officer in Elm Grove to watch out for. He pulled me over for having strings hanging from my rear view mirror and then gave me a window tint ticket. I just went to the police station and showed them a letter from my eye doctor. The officer looked at my car and he even said he wouldn't write a ticket for that percentage of tint.

Goat Roper
12-07-2008, 05:04 PM

x2, the wife says x3.

Beagle
12-07-2008, 05:20 PM
That sucks..... Franklin cops are assholes. Id rather get pulled over anywhere else but Franklin.

Goat Roper
12-07-2008, 05:38 PM
That sucks..... Franklin cops are assholes. Id rather get pulled over anywhere else but Franklin.

We had a deer that had been tagged by a car on 27th come up to the windows near the employee entrance at NM. Broken legs, looked terrible. Anyway, somehow this thing gets it broken legs underneath it and goes down into the tall weeds just outside the east side windows. By this time the Franklin SWAT team was there (OK, not SWAT, just alot of police) and blew the deer away in front of everyone. Was entertaining to see the looks on people's faces who insisted on us calling the veterinarian. After two 8mil shots an officer came up with a shotgun and I thought for sure he was going to pop it to but he didn't.

That had nothing to do with getting pulled over but I have to say that I have never had an issue with the Franklin PD, but then again I live here.

Waver
12-07-2008, 07:50 PM
A sort of similar thing happened to me last spring.....I had regular plates on my Olds, and sent for hobbyist plates, the person at the "special plates division" said to not worry, the old plates would be fine until the hobbyist plates arrived (they take about a month to arrive in the mail) and to just drive the car with the old plates until then. Well, as soon as my application was processed, the DMV cancelled the old plates, without telling me, of course. So I took the car out, and immediately got pulled over for having "invalid" plates. I told the cop what was going on, he was laughing about it, and said: "Well.....uh....not really sure what to do here....I guess just don't worry about it..." He could have probably been a real a**, but he was super cool.

that happened to me 30 feet from my apartment in jefferson.....but I was waiting on my personalized plates...that is why while the stang sits I will be waiting for them then

deuceWI
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Soooo, the police are just running random tags to see what comes up?

I thought they weren't allowed to do that.

Or were you doing something stupid to get pulled over and then they discover the tags aren't right?

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-07-2008, 09:07 PM

LoL, I think they can, can't wait till this tech hits WI.

Automated License Plate Recognition
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WA5Gy32aqdo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WA5Gy32aqdo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Waver
12-07-2008, 09:15 PM

Or were you doing something stupid to get pulled over and then they discover the tags aren't right?

cant tell you if they can or not, but I have been pulled over a few times because of plates, and plates only....I mean, I wasnt pealing out of the parking lot of my apartment when I got pulled over

GTSLOW
12-07-2008, 09:21 PM
LoL, I think they can, can't wait till this tech hits WI.

Automated License Plate Recognition
WA5Gy32aqdo&autoplay=1

:wooo

PB86MCSS
12-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Thats pretty awesome...if it can help bust people who should be or assist in finding stolen vehicles, more power to them. Lately I've been noticing a lot of vehicles with expired tags, some from summer...I'm not sure how they have not been pulled over or renewed yet. And this isn't in the 'hood.

In Muskego they would sometimes follow people at night (speeding up from behind to get close to them) in order to see if they make a mistake driving hoping to find a drunk driver, etc. or have a reason to pull you over. I lived there for the first 24 years of my life so I'm well aware of their habits. I know I was followed similarly in New Berlin this fall and also had an officer in New Berlin pretty much acuse me of breaking into cars to steal radios a couple years ago at an apartment complex where I dropped off my friend at night. Must of been because I was in one of my Montes which automatically makes me a dirty thug criminal :rolleyes: . I'm all for cracking down on people commiting crimes and in general support cops(my dad was one after college for 5-6 years, have a couple friends who are) but the officer who spoke to me was a total asshat and should of realized something when seeing I have a record of nothing besides a speeding ticket from a few years ago and that I also gave my friends name and apartment # upon being asked. Not surprised if other nice areas are as bad but I can't imagine much worse.

Nix
12-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Mukwoango was at one point one of the worst areas to deal wit police, atleast when I went to HS there and use to hangout there all the time. Not sure if it is still as bad though.

Yamahachick02
12-08-2008, 06:43 PM

No i was just driving down 27th street. He was running the plates on the car next to me and than ran mine. I could tell he was running mine because he was riding the a$$ of my jeep.
There was a car in front of me that was doing 5 under the speed limit so I wasn't even speeding. The sad thing was both of the cars next to me were racing about a mile before the cop got behind us, and on both of cars there mufflers were about to fall off so they could have been pulled over for excesive noise. But no he pulls over the brand new Jeep.

WickedSix
12-08-2008, 06:52 PM
they don't get money from people who don't pay their tickets anyway... a new jeep with a seemingly unregistered plate sounds like crime enough...