PDA

View Full Version : ATT Uverse = OK

SSmike1
12-07-2008, 06:53 AM
well,
i have had ATT-Uverse for 3 weeks now, and i love it.
My internet has been rocking fast, at 9.7MB per second every day!
and 1MB per sec UpLoad.

I'll keep it!:thumbsup

Mr Twigbert
12-07-2008, 07:11 AM
The wife wanted me to switch from TW but I just can't do it.. TW has been ok to me over the years..

DirtyMax
12-07-2008, 07:38 AM
The wife wanted me to switch from TW but I just can't do it.. TW has been ok to me over the years..

Me too but $55 a month for RR only has made me think about it once ATT gets into my hood.

lit666
12-07-2008, 07:45 AM
mine gets installed on the 18th...

which internet package did you go with? I went with the 6meg.

4eyedstang
12-07-2008, 07:52 AM
the only thing i don't like is the crappy weather channel. no local on the 8's

Holeshot
12-07-2008, 08:00 AM
I had uverse when it first came out before we bought our house. It was nothing but trouble from day one. 6 hour install that didint go right So they had to come back. Three DVR box fails and the tech support at ter 1 and 2 was garbage. Calling 1 800 att 2020 and trying to talk to someone had an average wait of 40 minutes.

Thats why they were giving out all the gift cards. The aggravation put us over the top, So when we moved we went back to Direct. We did keep the DSL and the only reason I kept that was for the free wifi access across the nation for pro and elite DSL users.

I am sure their service has improved since then but it left such a bad taste in our mouths we will never go back. Now, if and when Verizon Fiber with 20meg comes Ill be all over that.

domokun
12-07-2008, 09:00 AM
local in the 8s is coming, more than 2 HD channels at once is coming, more HD channels, pair bonding, VDSL2, 25mb internet with 5 mb upload, new DVR's, new remotes

looking to have that done by 2010 :)

GTSLOW
12-07-2008, 09:03 AM
^ I'd be all over that shit!!!!!!!

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-07-2008, 09:06 AM
U-Verse wont be coming my way, too many po' folks who do not pay their bills for them to introduce the service in my hood.
Thats ok I have had fine service from TWC over the years and I'm pretty sure the U-Verse is only cheaper while the teaser rate is in effect.

GTSLOW
12-07-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm hoping to find something similar to what I had in AZ:

Premier Internet
$59.95/mo
» Download: Up to 20 Mbps
with PowerBoost™
» Upload: Up to 2 Mbps

Got Boost
12-07-2008, 09:13 AM
local in the 8s is coming, more than 2 HD channels at once is coming, more HD channels, pair bonding, VDSL2, 25mb internet with 5 mb upload, new DVR's, new remotes

looking to have that done by 2010 :)The problem is Cable whether it is ATT UVerse ot TWC doesnt have enough HD channels 25mb internet is nice but at what cost Verizon Fios is 80 bucks a month for their top speed internet(20MB i think) The only thing good about Fios is the HD picture quality which is amazing HD is near Bluray quality.....Its going to be hard to sell all this new tech when people are strapped for cash when you already pay 100 bucks a month for TV and internet...

Poncho
12-07-2008, 09:19 AM
ATT U-Verse I take it MUST be a cable connection instead of the typical DSL?? Cuz DSL doesn't get any better than 8megs.

07ROUSHSTG3
12-07-2008, 09:21 AM
my father in law went to u-verse and got rid of his charter in sheboygan. he likes it for the money savings, but he said that he misses his charter. not sure why. i would be willing to give it a try if it ever comes my way, which it probably won't.

Got Boost
12-07-2008, 09:55 AM
ATT U-Verse I take it MUST be a cable connection instead of the typical DSL?? Cuz DSL doesn't get any better than 8megs.
Correct

Brian98GTP
12-07-2008, 10:03 AM
We ended up getting u-verse this past summer. We previously had Charter cable & internet, and the HD picture quality was NOTICABLY better through AT&T. We get more HD channels, too.

I had the fastest internet that charter offered, and got the fastest that AT&T offered. With AT&T, the internet was actually worse in my opinion. It'd load the pages just as fast as Charter, but pictures, logos, or whatever would not show up 80% of the time, forcing you to 'refresh' after each page loaded. Not sure why that happened, but nobody could fix or diagnose it, so I went back to the high speed Charter and all is good.

AT&T customer service wasn't the best either. I think we're STILL waiting to get some of our 'credit' coupons. Numerous calls to them, and I feel like throwing the box into the fireplace.

Lash
12-07-2008, 10:19 AM
AT&T doesn't make it out here in the sticks.

Holeshot
12-07-2008, 11:22 AM
U VERSE is IPTV and I always had conflicting issues between TV and internet.

T-Bag
12-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Correct

Incorrect.

U-Verse is VDSL. Get your facts straight before deciding to pipe in.

07ROUSHSTG3
12-07-2008, 11:57 AM

we are losers :loser LOL. not living somewhere with u-verse :crying.

Holeshot
12-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Incorrect.

U-Verse is VDSL. Get your facts straight before deciding to pipe in.

So is VDSL still considered IPTV . IIRC U verse told me this and its Fiber to the node then hard wire in the house, unless you were brand new construction and then it was fiber right to the house.

Myles
12-07-2008, 01:45 PM
how much is the uverse net?

Myles
12-07-2008, 01:48 PM
nevermind saw it is around 35 to 40

SSmike1
12-07-2008, 04:23 PM

poncho,
ATT uverse is a Fiber Optic Cable, from V-RAD to V-RAD,

the V-Rad is the ATT Box someplace near your home.
Then they Put up a NEW twisted Pair Copper cable drop to my home from the Phone line in the back yard, and connected the other end to the V-RAD.

THIS 2 wire twisted pair, Handles 57MB per second!
-----------------------------------------------------
my Internet connection alone, is 10MB per sec.
-------------------------------------------------------

:)

SSmike1
12-07-2008, 04:27 PM
how much is the uverse net?

i am paying $30 for the 6MB internet
$30 for the unlimited Phone line.
-----------------------------------------

$30 a month for SD TV, and 100 channels.
------------------------------------------
$49 a month for 150 channels with DVR
--------------------------------------------
$59 a month for 200 channels AND DVR
-------------------------------------------------
it is $10 extra, for HD
------------------------------
and $5 extra for TV # 2 and each additional TV.

The DVR records 4 stations at one time.
:thumbsup

SSmike1
12-07-2008, 04:30 PM
So is VDSL still considered IPTV . IIRC U verse told me this and its Fiber to the node then hard wire in the house, unless you were brand new construction and then it was fiber right to the house.

yes,
newer subdivisions have FO = fiber optic
cables installed to the house!

A FO cable blows a Coax out of the water as far as Capacity, Bandwith, and speed.

Uverse is FO cable
TWC is Coax.

GRAMPS SS
12-07-2008, 04:39 PM
i am paying $30 for the 6MB internet
$30 for the unlimited Phone line.
-----------------------------------------

$30 a month for SD TV, and 100 channels.
------------------------------------------
$49 a month for 150 channels with DVR
--------------------------------------------
$59 a month for 200 channels AND DVR
-------------------------------------------------
it is $10 extra, for HD
------------------------------
and $5 extra for TV # 2 and each additional TV.
------------------------------------------------------
and not being able to have uverse hooked up since mothers day...PRICLESS....:headbang

The DVR records 4 stations at one time.
:thumbsup

86GUTLASS
12-07-2008, 04:42 PM
I have had Uverse for about a year and i love it.The only problem i had was a bad box.They fixed it right away.

Lash
12-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Bastards are making me jealous!!!

T-Bag
12-07-2008, 04:52 PM
When I was an installer, there weren't too many places that had Fiber to the house. The only places were like Pabst farms and some places around the Pewaukee/Waukesha area.

IPTV is just television coming over Internet Protocol...over VDSL. For the most part it works great, although some areas/houses u-verse just worked like complete shit. It was a picky system back then but I guess they are making improvements.

Goat Roper
12-07-2008, 05:12 PM
My Uverse tests at 68mbps to the house, unfortunately not all for the net. HDTV is quite a hog. I have had Uverse since March of 2007 and it has been great.

Yeehaw
12-07-2008, 05:14 PM
parents have it internet def is fast and loads everything i love it

deuceWI
12-07-2008, 08:16 PM
I wish I could give uverse a try, a friend at work who lives less than 10 blocks away from me can get it but I'm in some broke ass neighborhood where ATT won't even offer me 6Meg DSL at my house.

For now I'm stuck with RR or crap, so RR it is.

With uverse TV, is ATT providing the whole house DVR box yet? If they are, I'll start going door to door and bug my neighbors to join together and get ATT to get off their ass and push a VRAD into my neighborhood.

Korndogg
12-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I was thinking about switching to Uverse for tv and keeping the RR that I have now. I'm terrible at comparing stuff so I'm kind of afraid to make the jump lol

Myles
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
the coax is fine for home users right now, they have a new setup that is capable of 100+mbit speeds.

I have 30mbit down right now and 1mbit up, beats the fuck out of having only 6-9mbit.

Goat Roper
12-07-2008, 09:05 PM
With uverse TV, is ATT providing the whole house DVR box yet? If they are, I'll start going door to door and bug my neighbors to join together and get ATT to get off their ass and push a VRAD into my neighborhood.

Yes the whole home dvr update came out a while ago, pretty damn slick

95mustang302
12-07-2008, 09:21 PM
i love uverse, we pay for the 6 mb internet and my download speed is constantly 9.8 or better

GTSLOW
12-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Upload speed is important in gaming correct?

I've always had over 2mb of upload and have had excellent pings even with people in europe.

Myles
12-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Upload speed is important in gaming correct?

I've always had over 2mb of upload and have had excellent pings even with people in europe.

download and upload are about equal

domokun
12-07-2008, 09:38 PM
As TBAG said, U-Verse is a VDSL connection, whereas DSL is ADSL ( 2 different infrastructures ) also as TBAG said, FTTP is only in ocontomowoc, pewaukee, waukesha and jackson. looking at our planning sheet FTTP isnt going to be laid here for awhile longer.

Right now Im working a new project ( Im a engineer for Uverse ) Working on VDSL2 and pair ponding which in turn means more bandwidth going a farther distance. I had uverse at my current residence and I was 1200 ft away from the VRAD I was provisioned for. well I provisioned myself to a VRAD that is 7900 ft away :) right now Im getting 136mb to the side of the house. ( I can push to about 9k feet with some tweaks ) which in turn means, I'm running 4HD streams, 25/5 internet and phone service. this is with our current HD codec which im also working on to compress it more. WITHOUT actually seeing the diff.

by 1st quarter Im hoping to have 3HD streams to the side of the house on a 25mb profile ( which 80% of uverse subscribers have ) and 2HD for 19mb profiles

right now we are going 2800-3200 feet on 25mb profiles on 26 gauge, and 3200-3800 ft on 22 gauge with some frequency tweaks

you guys want to know anymore dirt, just ask :)

GTSLOW
12-07-2008, 09:45 PM
^ I would kill for 25/5 :wooo

domokun
12-07-2008, 09:49 PM
^ I would kill for 25/5 :wooo

starting tomorrow, Im pumping up to 35/10 to see how the CO, VRAD and RG holds.

btw for guys that dont know, Im getting 136mb to the side of the house at 7900 ft JUST on 2 pairs of copper wiring ( phone wire )

GTSLOW
12-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Nice man!

domokun
12-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Fuck FiOs, I'll out do them, this is why AT&T keeps me around lol

they maybe all fiber, but they are shooting themselves in the feet running Fiber "rings" not fiber "straights"

Goat Roper
12-07-2008, 10:32 PM

Anything you need guinea pigged in Franklin I am your man :thumbsup

lordairgtar
12-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Why is Muskego having to wait so long for U-verse? Now I just signed a deal with TW that keeps my rate the same for two years, hopefully the AT&T deal will be here by then.

domokun
12-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Anything you need guinea pigged in Franklin I am your man :thumbsup

being a customer guinea pig isn't fun, when a friendly, you get things fixed promptly, customer, its the opposite. but let me see what I can do

wanna try a touchscreen remote?

domokun
12-08-2008, 06:34 AM
Why is Muskego having to wait so long for U-verse? Now I just signed a deal with TW that keeps my rate the same for two years, hopefully the AT&T deal will be here by then.

we are installing 12 Vrads in muskego in the 1st qtr :)

Myles
12-08-2008, 06:40 AM
we are installing 12 Vrads in muskego in the 1st qtr :)

what speed packages are we looking at if i just wanted to get net and not tv? are they looking to up the anti to keep fios away? cause if this gets to the 50/20 mark that fios have ill jump to att

domokun
12-08-2008, 06:53 AM
It will be a long time before Fios comes to WI. reason being, our state sucks ( in telecommunication terms ) and if you are in a AT&T territory dont expect to see Fios at all! if your in a Verizon territory, then you are going to have to wait about 1-4 years yet. Verizon hasn't figured out cold climate fiber yet ;) when it comes to the light spectrum. and if you live in a small town, dont expect Fios at all ( not to be rude ) theirs way to much to there system to dump into a small town. also, AT&T has WI pretty sealed up for territory for the most part.

we are thinking about provisioning things different for internet only customers. not 100% sure to release info on it yet tho ;)

http://www.fiberexperts.com/fios-availability.html

Myles
12-08-2008, 06:55 AM
It will be a long time before Fios comes to WI. reason being, our state sucks ( in telecommunication terms ) and if you are in a AT&T territory dont expect to see Fios at all! if you in a Verizon territory, then you are going to have to wait about 2-4 years yet. Verizon has figured out cold climate fiber yet ;) when it comes to the light spectrum. and if you live in a small town, dont expect Fios at all ( not to be rude ) theirs way to much to there system to dump into a small town.

we are thinking about provisioning things different for internet only customers. not 100% sure to release info on it yet tho ;)

thats fine, since im in muskego and you guys are throwing up some shit ill just have to wait and see what is going to be offered.

I might need to look into just getting a basic OC line pulled to my house with how much bandwidth i use.

Got Boost
12-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Im in Oak Creek and cant get it yet

WhatsADSM
12-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Yup UVerse here as well. Besides the TERRIBLE customer service you get trying to get them out there to actually install it, the system has been pretty reliable and the hardware is reasonable. Price is great!

But yea its amazing what they push through the copper loop nowadays with VDSL2. Fiber backbone to a short copper loop = very fast.. Helluva lot more than 8Mb/s like someone stated earlier.

Domokun if you ever want testers for new hardware or codecs I am down.. The current boxes do leave a little to be desired in terms of PQ. They ever plan on changing the codec to something a little less losey?

domokun
12-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Yup UVerse here as well. Besides the TERRIBLE customer service you get trying to get them out there to actually install it, the system has been pretty reliable and the hardware is reasonable. Price is great!

But yea its amazing what they push through the copper loop nowadays with VDSL2. Fiber backbone to a short copper loop = very fast.. Helluva lot more than 8Mb/s like someone stated earlier.

Domokun if you ever want testers for new hardware or codecs I am down.. The current boxes do leave a little to be desired in terms of PQ. They ever plan on changing the codec to something a little less losey?

Im working on a codec now with microsoft ( hense our boxes are windows CE backbone ) that is 6.4mb/s with OTA quality :) current codec is 8.2

Holeshot
12-08-2008, 10:35 PM
att made me all kinds of promises to keep my Uverse when we moved. I laughed so hard the sales rep hung up on me. I would never go back to Uverse even if it were free for 5 years with unlimited upgrades. Yes I think att customer service sucks that bad. I had so many issues I email Randall Stephenson whom is the CEO . If you want shit done ya gotta go to the top. ;)

domokun
12-09-2008, 08:19 AM
att made me all kinds of promises to keep my Uverse when we moved. I laughed so hard the sales rep hung up on me. I would never go back to Uverse even if it were free for 5 years with unlimited upgrades. Yes I think att customer service sucks that bad. I had so many issues I email Randall Stephenson whom is the CEO . If you want shit done ya gotta go to the top. ;)

and if you REALLY think HE read that email.... you got another thing coming. :shades it makes me laugh so hard :)

not defending this place, just saying as a whole, he doesnt work with little issues like that. much less big issues.

and thats your issue if you dont want to try it again, I can tell you how good the service is or isnt. since I helped engineered it :rolf

wrath
12-09-2008, 08:58 AM
My coworker got U-verse a couple weeks ago. He's been battling the DVR doing periodic lockups (3sec to 5 minutes) but the intarweb works great. The non-DVR box works fine. I got him to latch his switch to 100/Full and it cleaned up mostly but it still locks up. I figure it's a horsepower issue or a network issue. I'm leaning towards horsepower since if they're like TWC they use junk boxes that can barely function.

It's retarded that it has to use a 192.168 address for firmware updates and apparently you can't statically configure anything. So it makes for a DHCP mess. It's just dumb that they put these devices out there that only work the way they want it to.

I'd consider switching to U-verse when I move but not if they can't figure out the DVR issue.

domokun
12-09-2008, 09:12 AM
My coworker got U-verse a couple weeks ago. He's been battling the DVR doing periodic lockups (3sec to 5 minutes) but the intarweb works great. The non-DVR box works fine. I got him to latch his switch to 100/Full and it cleaned up mostly but it still locks up. I figure it's a horsepower issue or a network issue. I'm leaning towards horsepower since if they're like TWC they use junk boxes that can barely function.

It's retarded that it has to use a 192.168 address for firmware updates and apparently you can't statically configure anything. So it makes for a DHCP mess. It's just dumb that they put these devices out there that only work the way they want it to.

I'd consider switching to U-verse when I move but not if they can't figure out the DVR issue.

define "locks up" picture freeze? DVR GUI doesnt react to remote control...etc. what do you expect out of windows CE? we are coming up with a new windows CE version soon ( cant say when ) but Im pretty pumped!

we dont do static on the STB's for many reasons that I wont get into. but we are coming out with static IP to the home soon ( Im working with buisnesses now on that and its working great )

GTSLOW
12-09-2008, 09:43 AM
I may be looking into this in Madison!!

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSInternet/Plans/Plans.htm

20mbs d/l & 20mbs u/l

domokun
12-09-2008, 10:12 AM
I may be looking into this in Madison!!

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSInternet/Plans/Plans.htm

20mbs d/l & 20mbs u/l

not bad, wait till everyone on that block gets it, then they have to provision lower speeds cause they are on a fiber ring :)

Junky Giorgio
12-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I've had UVerse for about 8 months now and love it. My internet connection is a lot faster than when I had road runner and the U300 tv package is plenty. Also, my tv doen't sound like Chubacca taking a $h!t anymore like when I had Time Warner's bull$h!t service. All in all, I have nothing but good things to say about my experience so far with UVerse.

wrath
12-09-2008, 01:44 PM
define "locks up" picture freeze? DVR GUI doesnt react to remote control...etc. what do you expect out of windows CE? we are coming up with a new windows CE version soon ( cant say when ) but Im pretty pumped!

we dont do static on the STB's for many reasons that I wont get into. but we are coming out with static IP to the home soon ( Im working with buisnesses now on that and its working great )

The picture freezes and if you do anything you lose all the data from the time it locked up until it unlocks itself. It does this every 3-5 minutes. It'll also drop audio periodically. But, when it drops audio you can go back and replay then it doesn't drop the audio.

Windows CE isn't too bad. It could be worse. Did you know there are substations that power entire communities running on Windows CE? It seems to be a resource problem to me. Downloading at 8mbps, writing to disk, reading from disk, displaying via HDMI... requires some horsepower. Especially if you're recording

What I meant was static IPs within the house. Or being able to use 172.30, 10.*, or anything other than 192.168.

domokun
12-09-2008, 01:59 PM
theres one of your issues, you do know that we dont advice or support HDMI on our motorola boxes right? reason being, the chipset in the box is faulty :(

try component, that should fix the sound issue and fixes SOME of the picture issues out there ( pending on the TV with HDCP link / handshake issues ) and is that tv ran via coax ( which uses HPNA, which sucks ) or cat5????

wrath
12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
So you guys are deploying junk boxes? What's the point of streaming digital content at 8Mbps if you can't use HDMI or the SPDIF out? Seems kind of dumb to go back to component and analog/stereo audio (hey, at least it's not composite video, right?).

He's got Category 5. It's run straight from the box to the DVR right now. He had a fancy gigabit switch complete with IGMP snooping in the system but pulled it out of the system to try to find out what the problem is. Nothing changed by pulling the switch out of the system.

domokun
12-09-2008, 02:26 PM
with the current codec you will see no diff from HDMI to component, besides more wires. and its not our fault, thats motorola for ya ;) and most likely if it was our supplied HDMI, you will get BETTER picture going to component, our gold ends on the HDMI, stunk.

but thats getting al corrected for the new year full force.

Im not going to put full 100% to component fixing the video issue, but I will put 70% :)

wrath
12-09-2008, 02:34 PM
He's using his own HDMI cable. I'll tell him to try a different one and to give component a whirl. What about the audio?

domokun
12-09-2008, 02:49 PM
what about the audio? the HDMI loses audio packets via HDMI, thats the reason for teh audio drop out and slight audio popping.

use optical then

wrath
12-09-2008, 02:58 PM
He uses SPDIF...

domokun
12-09-2008, 03:14 PM
He uses SPDIF...

ok, for testing purposes, try using hdmi WITHOUT SPDIF. if the same, use component without spdif

Holeshot
12-09-2008, 06:04 PM
and if you REALLY think HE read that email.... you got another thing coming. :shades it makes me laugh so hard :)

not defending this place, just saying as a whole, he doesnt work with little issues like that. much less big issues.

and thats your issue if you dont want to try it again, I can tell you how good the service is or isnt. since I helped engineered it :rolf
Laugh all you want. 48 hours after that unread email I was contacted by Customer service in Dallas Tx the home of U verse. So maybe be one of his cronies answers his e mails. So you wont mind if I post both of his e mails address for those that may be having the same or smiler problems

GTSLOW
12-09-2008, 06:11 PM
^ Were you at NAPA today around 515?

domokun
12-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Laugh all you want. 48 hours after that unread email I was contacted by Customer service in Dallas Tx the home of U verse. So maybe be one of his cronies answers his e mails. So you wont mind if I post both of his e mails address for those that may be having the same or smiler problems

again, he doesn't read them. they go to a quality assurance team in MESA, AZ who is required to say they are from the corporate office, via script for their scorecards, and just so you know, Dallas isn't the home of uverse :durr

and you can post the emails all you want....doesnt bother me any :shades

UnderPSI
12-09-2008, 07:34 PM
When I was an installer, there weren't too many places that had Fiber to the house. The only places were like Pabst farms and some places around the Pewaukee/Waukesha area.

We usually only install fiber if the customer requests it and pays for it. Otherwise we will install regular rg6. When you put in a new service request to WE, we will put in the ground what ever you want. We carry fiber and RG6 on all our underground trucks. Lots of the new houses are requesting fiber now though.

domokun
12-09-2008, 08:10 PM
We usually only install fiber if the customer requests it and pays for it. Otherwise we will install regular rg6. When you put in a new service request to WE, we will put in the ground what ever you want. We carry fiber and RG6 on all our underground trucks. Lots of the new houses are requesting fiber now though.

if only that were the case for AT&T. we can push enough bandwidth through 2 pairs that will keep up with technology for another 4-6 years at the rate we are going.

Holeshot
12-09-2008, 09:24 PM
So for those that cat get resolved issues with U verse these e mail address got results for me. randall.stephenson@att.com rs2982@att.com . Maybe they were redirected but it got me result in 24 to 48 hours hr when I had problems that no one else could rectify.

Holeshot
12-09-2008, 09:51 PM
^ Were you at NAPA today around 515?

No Nathan I was off today. Why?

BoosTT
12-09-2008, 10:03 PM
I heard of several att sales people directly lieing about:
-promo prices (asked if it was a promo price att said no, turns out it's 1yr only),
-features (no caller id on tv),
-prices in general ($5 more per month NOT in taxes or fees)
-and even told one guy that he can order att in his area and he cant. lol.

Don't trust the sales people, even if you clearly ask them 100%

And if anyone was pissed when using dialup in the 90's... a majority of US households could have had DSL way back when. The delay was due to a patent issue (litterally more of a scam). Some houses the technology wasn't there, but again, the majority it was.

GTSLOW
12-09-2008, 10:52 PM
No Nathan I was off today. Why?

Just wonderin, I was there earlier and picked up some quick splices.

Holeshot
12-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Glad your back home where you belong

Karps TA
12-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Hopefully they'll have this up and running in Muskego next fall when my contract with direct tv runs out. Cause I'm real tired of losing my signal every time we get snow or heavy rain.

domokun
12-10-2008, 12:12 PM
if anyone else is interested in U-verse, I can get pretty good deals with my ID before the new year ( they are trying to get a ton of installs and sales to seal the 4 qtr )

Pm me if interested

GTSLOW
12-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Well after hearing these horror stories about uverse we're gonna go with comcast.

domokun
12-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Well after hearing these horror stories about uverse we're gonna go with comcast.

fine by me :) always go off what you hear off the internet. those are the people I call thick headed :banana1:

GTSLOW
12-11-2008, 09:03 AM
:goof

domokun
12-11-2008, 09:15 AM
plus we dont like whiners and complainers :)

*just so you know, Im messing* if you deal with me, you dont deal with sales, and if you deal with me, you have my cell phone, which I can fix every issue lol

Holeshot
12-11-2008, 10:30 AM
So does this fall under the class of free business advrtisment on a larger scale. Cuz Brad got punched for his side job offers for HVAC April Air offers. Just sayin

domokun
12-11-2008, 10:40 AM
I get no benefit or bonus for helping out my company and trying to help people with uverse or looking to get uverse. so therefore Im helping the brewcity community than hurting it. ( saving money and helping them with there issues ) so just cause your sour about uverse holds no value towards this convo :)

Holeshot
12-11-2008, 11:07 AM
No In not sore nor do I care. but you are advertising for a major company you work for and as far as I know it against the rules.

Besides att is not a site sponsor

domokun
12-11-2008, 11:32 AM
troll along. Im just trying to HELP bcm....didnt know that was a crime. esp in the tough economy Im sure everyone here is for saving some money. since I dont own the company nor do I make money off doing this. so it should be no big deal

Nix
12-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I wonder if we could get the Uverse thing out by me? We have AT&T tele service, we live in Ixonia in Jefferson county.

Holeshot
12-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Not trolling nor an I picking on you but fair is fair

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=69063&postcount=1

Got Boost
12-11-2008, 07:50 PM
I cant even get UVerse way out in Oak Creek LOL

2000s10
12-14-2008, 08:37 AM
As TBAG said, U-Verse is a VDSL connection, whereas DSL is ADSL ( 2 different infrastructures ) also as TBAG said, FTTP is only in ocontomowoc, pewaukee, waukesha and jackson. looking at our planning sheet FTTP isnt going to be laid here for awhile longer.

Right now Im working a new project ( Im a engineer for Uverse ) Working on VDSL2 and pair ponding which in turn means more bandwidth going a farther distance. I had uverse at my current residence and I was 1200 ft away from the VRAD I was provisioned for. well I provisioned myself to a VRAD that is 7900 ft away :) right now Im getting 136mb to the side of the house. ( I can push to about 9k feet with some tweaks ) which in turn means, I'm running 4HD streams, 25/5 internet and phone service. this is with our current HD codec which im also working on to compress it more. WITHOUT actually seeing the diff.

by 1st quarter Im hoping to have 3HD streams to the side of the house on a 25mb profile ( which 80% of uverse subscribers have ) and 2HD for 19mb profiles

right now we are going 2800-3200 feet on 25mb profiles on 26 gauge, and 3200-3800 ft on 22 gauge with some frequency tweaks

Is your name by any chance Scott?

nismodave
12-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Domokun did not make a thread about doing installs. He offered to do an installs for BCM members, Im sure at a player price. And hes doing it Via PM. He didnt go into this thread to make cash, IMO.

Now if he made the thread, then that would be a different story.

You do have a point Holeshot, and its good to have members help in policing the board.:thumbsup

Goat Roper
12-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Just got the 18mb 'net connection with my uverse, all I have to say is wow

http://www.speedtest.net/result/373575174.png

Rocket Power
12-15-2008, 09:21 PM
I cant even get UVerse way out in Oak Creek LOL

Don't feel bad I can't get it in West Allis either :goof

GTSLOW
12-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Just got the 18mb 'net connection with my uverse, all I have to say is wow

http://www.speedtest.net/result/373575174.png

Not bad!! That's almost identical to what I had in AZ except I had cable there. How much a month do you pay?

domokun
12-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Goat, if your interested, I can use you as a test maybe for 3mb upload. but I need you to actually test nightly!

Goat Roper
12-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Not bad!! That's almost identical to what I had in AZ except I had cable there. How much a month do you pay?

Thats a good question. I want to say the 10mb connection was $45 and they said the 18mb connection was $10 more a month. Same upload speed though as the 10mb, which blows but oh well.

2000s10
12-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Does this look right? lol
http://www.speedtest.net/result/373595868.png

Second test yielded this....
http://www.speedtest.net/result/373596624.png

Third test yeilded this...
http://www.speedtest.net/result/373597094.png

I'm using U-Verse also. My internet is the 6.0 mbps Elite package...

lit666
12-16-2008, 08:04 AM
I just got this off my Road Runner service. LOL

http://www.speedtest.net/result/373787527.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

and again on same pc

http://www.speedtest.net/result/373788478.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

test on second pc sitting next to the first one.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/373789697.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

My Uverse gets installed on Thursday.

GTSLOW
12-16-2008, 08:12 AM
^ ouch. This is what I got using the basic comcast/charter package:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/371785290.png

I'll eventually upgrade to their "gamer" package.

nitrous
12-22-2008, 11:38 PM
I understand that a cutoff has to be somewhere, but my sister 2 miles down the same road I live on has has Uverse for over a year and it's still not available to me...

GTSLOW
12-23-2008, 09:25 AM
domokun might be able to hook you up.

T-Bag
12-23-2008, 05:00 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/378038212.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

off my Road runner

Lit why does your connection suck so much ballsack?

Korndogg
12-23-2008, 05:51 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/378058606.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Myles
12-23-2008, 06:25 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/378070792.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

f33r