PDA

View Full Version : De La Hoya destroyed!!

07ROUSHSTG3
12-06-2008, 10:52 PM
pacquiao completely killed de la hoya :rolf

anyone else watch the fight??

Lash
12-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Meh...boxing is boring IMO. Too one dimensional.

But I think this means Roger Huerta has to wear a dress to his next event.

http://mmafrenzy.com/2008/12/01/video-roger-huerta-and-brandon-vera-bet-on-de-la-hoya-pacquiao/

Yooformula
12-06-2008, 11:37 PM
that sucks but cant say nobody didnt see this coming.

GRAMPS SS
12-07-2008, 12:01 AM
KEVIN IOLE’S UNOFFICIAL SCORECARD
Round 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Total
Oscar De La Hoya 9 9 9 9 9 9 8 9 TKO
Manny Pacquiao 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 W

dr doom
12-07-2008, 01:14 AM
I thought boxing was a dead sport now.

Josepy
12-07-2008, 02:37 AM
hoya sucks ass

07ROUSHSTG3
12-07-2008, 08:28 AM
I thought boxing was a dead sport now.

:rolleyes:
yeah. de la hoya made over $110 million in his last 3 fights. what other sport can you make that much money in less than 36 minutes?

07ROUSHSTG3
12-07-2008, 09:03 AM
that sucks but cant say nobody didnt see this coming.

i don't know. de la hoya was the favored fighter. i didn;t get to see by how much and the final odds, but most odds makers and critics were picking de la hoya. i wasn't sure if pacquiao would be able to take de la hoyas punches, since having to move up 2 weight classes. the problem for de la hoya was that he never touched manny with a decent punch. when they both were in the ring and people saw that oscar didn';t have the weight advantage that was expected, i think everyone who had bet money on de la hoya had their stomach turn. de la hoya will be done now. he is not going to let his pretty face get bashed in like that again. back to full time promoter.

now........ who is manny going to face next? i honestly think that he will fight anyone. mayweather was brought up last night? hatton was at the fight and he was mentioned a lot??? calzaghe was even mentioned, though, if he would come back he would probably be too heavy to fight manny. mayweather vs pac-man would be biggest fight of all time and hatton vs pac-man would be an awesome match too. then there is kessler, who is still one of the best out there?!?!? with pacquiao's ability to lose and gain weight, the options are endless. will have to wait and see. shouldn't be too long, manny doesn't need much recovery time, LOL.

Exitspeed
12-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Meh...boxing is boring IMO. Too one dimensional.

But I think this means Roger Huerta has to wear a dress to his next event.

http://mmafrenzy.com/2008/12/01/video-roger-huerta-and-brandon-vera-bet-on-de-la-hoya-pacquiao/

Same here. I haven't watched boxing since Jones Jr was in his prime.

Goat Roper
12-07-2008, 10:42 AM
The last fight I anticipated was that amazing Lennox Lewis / Vitali Klitschko heavyweight back in 2003. In the 90's I was all about Holyfield, Foreman, Tyson, all those great heavyweight fights.

Car Guy
12-07-2008, 10:47 AM
*yawn*

MMA 4 LIFE...!!! :headbang

Prince Valiant
12-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Sorry...MMA isn't even as good as high school wrestling.

Yooformula
12-07-2008, 11:05 AM
yes most commentators were picking him due to the weight pac- had to put on and his endurance being questioned but his speed was never in question. I wanted to see Hoya win but he only won 2 of his last 6 fights. Hopefully he retires to save face and doesnt embarass himself.

Car Guy
12-07-2008, 11:07 AM

I hope your NOT serious.....:rolleyes:

Yooformula
12-07-2008, 11:08 AM
*yawn*
MMA 4 LIFE...!!! :headbang

IMO so true! I cant even watch boxing anymore.

07ROUSHSTG3
12-07-2008, 11:18 AM

yeah, i used to enjoy watching MMA events, but they do nothing for me now. neat to turn on in the bar, or when nothing else on tv but i don't pay for them anymore, or make plans to watch them. just look how much in the last 6 months MMA has been fading?!?!? reminds me of WWE or nascar. it reached it's peak. boxing will always be around, will always draw better athletes, more fans, and most importantly more money. all it would take for boxing to become mainstream again is a good US born heavyweight. even though most pure boxing fans know that the heavyweight division is pretty much useless, the average guy, who in the last few years enjoys MMA because it is easier to comprehend, doesn't understand that. there are a few good heavyweights coming up through the ranks, it is just a matter of time. to each his own, but the numbers tell the real story. while MMA does great on cable tv, people PAY to see boxing matches. the pac-man/de la hoya fight sold out in less than 1 hour!! 1 hour!! ticket prices of anywhere from $300-$20,000 and it sold out in 1 hour. would love to see any MMA event do that. do they even sell out of there $49.95 tickets?? :rolf

Car Guy
12-07-2008, 11:25 AM
From a standpoint of which sport offers more excitement boxing doesn't even come close to MMA. Boxing is like baseball, at one time it was THE thing to watch but not anymore.....

07ROUSHSTG3
12-07-2008, 11:54 AM
From a standpoint of which sport offers more excitement boxing doesn't even come close to MMA. Boxing is like baseball, at one time it was THE thing to watch but not anymore.....

excitement is an opinion. i find waaay more excitement in a good boxing match then then the absolute BEST mma fight.

MMA= nascar. they both have a very fluid fan base that in all honesty is riding the current "wave of excitement", which by the way is starting to slow down for both sports. the average MMA/Nascar fan doesn't understand what he/she is watching. they are watching cars drive in circles or someone punching and kicking some guy in a cage. there are MMA purists out there just like there are Nascar purists, but I would be willing to bet that those MMA purists also love watching boxing and those nascar purists love watching open wheel racing. MMA could be great, and could see the huge money like boxing, but to do that they will have to alienate their fan base. the basic cable, mostly uneducated, excitement driven, advertising swayed, adrenaline junkies. kind of sounds like the average nascar fan doesn't it??? :D

boxing, hockey, open wheel racing and soccer will never be as big as football or baseball in this country. but that just goes to show how simple minded most in this nation are. the rest of the world appreciates the "sport" of those mentioned and hence why they take in huge amounts of money. I don't consider MMA a sport. It is 2 people fighting. i don't care how strong or talented they are, they are put into a cage and told to fight :rolleyes: we sure have come along way haven't we.

Russ Jerome
12-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Same here. I haven't watched boxing since Jones Jr was in his prime.

Roy is the man, Delahoya is the most boring top
ranked fighter ever (jab n hide, hide and stab).

Watching Roy Jones Jr was like watching a stick of
dynamite burn..its gonna explode any second.

Prince Valiant
12-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Sorry...MMA isn't even as good as high school wrestling.I hope your NOT serious.....:rolleyes:
Absolutely. I watch HS wrestling all the time and still on occasion get contracted to work college wrestling...and yes, find many of the matches far more exciting than MMA.

Especially the college wrestling...where everyone is a very accomplished wrestler the matches have greater fluidity and speed. I see far more impressive take-downs and counter moves, whereas the MMA seems to get bogged down in defense.

07ROUSHSTG3
12-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Roy is the man, Delahoya is the most boring top
ranked fighter ever (jab n hide, hide and stab).

Watching Roy Jones Jr was like watching a stick of
dynamite burn..its gonna explode any second.

jones should have stayed retired. Calzaghe made him his b!tch a couple weeks ago :rolf. i never liked jones.

on another note. it sounds like hatton will be pacquiao's next opponent :headbang

There's only one Ricky Hatton,
One Ricky Hatton,
Walking along,
Singing this song,
Walking in a Hatton wonderland.

VroomPshhTsi
12-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I love boxing, it just doesn't get the attention it once did. I picked Pacquiao in this one. Del La Hoya has lost most of his big fights in the past 5 years.

Hatton-Pacquiao should be a little better.

Too bad Mayweather retired, that guy was untouchable.

Lash
12-07-2008, 03:59 PM
just look how much in the last 6 months MMA has been fading?!?!?

Is this a joke?

MMA is bigger than it has EVER been.

Lash
12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
I see far more impressive take-downs and counter move

Yeah.....lets see those take-downs while they have to worry about getting a shin kick to the face. Or even counter moves where your arm might get snapped off.

Apples/Oranges

Prince Valiant
12-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah.....lets see those take-downs while they have to worry about getting a shin kick to the face. Or even counter moves where your arm might get snapped off.

Apples/OrangesI KNOW! And I happen to LIKE apples more than oranges! :goof

Lash
12-07-2008, 04:42 PM
I KNOW! And I happen to LIKE apples more than oranges! :goof

:rolf

What about an orange apple?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Lash00/7895-OrangeApple.jpg