MFBA lapping day event at RA,
http://roadamerica.fbody.us/

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! :banana1:
:thumbsup :headbang

LIZMO
12-06-2008, 11:14 PM
******* awesome.

when/where can you sign up?

now i have a date to get my car done for. to show turtle whats up ;)

SSmike1
12-07-2008, 06:51 AM
Keep looking at the MFBA roadamerica link,
they are in the process of updating the web site.

michelle
12-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Yay! (:

Mike, will your daughter be running? (:

SSmike1
12-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Yay! (:

Mike, will your daughter be running? (:

MICHELLE,
you really need to help me!!!!!!!
i think Jill was fooling around on me, cause Sam is not interested in driving?????

Her Boyfriend bought a camaro, and we are in the garage working on it, here and there, and Sam gets pissed of that her boyfriend is spending time with me! out in the garage! :thumbsup

anyway, Michelle, you need to figure out a way to get Sam interested in Driving! HELP! :confused
--------------------------------------------------------------------

i can not believe she does not want to Drive the Camaro?????
what did i do wrong as a father?
:)

shoooo32
12-07-2008, 07:36 PM
april is a little chilly for us topless guys. I need a hardtop!

Waver
12-07-2008, 07:39 PM
SoI take it that non f-body guys can do this too....Hopefully I should have the car done by then

GTSLOW
12-07-2008, 07:58 PM
i can not believe she does not want to Drive the Camaro?????
what did i do wrong as a father?

It's because you drive a stock LS1. When I had my T/A sam wanted to drive it. :goof

LIZMO
12-07-2008, 08:33 PM
SoI take it that non f-body guys can do this too....Hopefully I should have the car done by then

Yes last year there was lots of other non f-body guys there (vettes,porshe,Supra,evo,etc,mustangs,etc)

GTSLOW
12-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes any make and model is welcome. It's just hosted by MFBA.

Todd Z
12-08-2008, 01:34 PM

Helmet and fire suit you won't be cold.

Flicktitty
12-08-2008, 03:00 PM
awesome! Can't wait.

someone want to link me to the rules?

turbogarrett
12-09-2008, 09:10 AM
This gives me good reason to stay home from work and wrench on the car:D

Waver
12-09-2008, 10:47 AM
I really hope I have the car ready for this

GTSLOW
12-09-2008, 11:12 AM
^ all you need are good brake pads.

Flicktitty
12-09-2008, 11:52 AM

it's still 4 months away. last i knew your car was alot more together then Liz's lol

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
12-09-2008, 12:13 PM

Mine had street brakes and I was passing a few cars:headbang

And I have an auto also.

turbogarrett
12-09-2008, 12:16 PM
^ all you need are good brake pads.

Yep, it amazes me how many people show up to track days with street pads. At the very least use a real track pad up front. Hp+ or ebc reds will work ok your first few times out and are cheap.

Don't even think about hps, axxis ultimates, ebc greens or any other street compound. Despite what their ads may claim, there is no such thing as a pad that will stop good when cold on the street and last a 20 minute session on ra.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
12-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Yep, it amazes me how many people show up to track days with street pads. At the very least use a real track pad up front. Hp+ or ebc reds will work ok your first few times out and are cheap.

Don't even think about hps, axxis ultimates, ebc greens or any other street compound. Despite what their ads may claim, there is no such thing as a pad that will stop good when cold on the street and last a 20 minute session on ra.

I only did 2 sessions last time.

I'm coming prepared this time though

SSmike1
12-09-2008, 12:24 PM
absolutely, and Brand car is welcome!

and, Please spend the money on HP PLUS brake pads or better!

street pads will FADE = whichs means they Melt, and GAS, and reduce the friction to the rotor to almost zero Brakes!
which is not good at 100 + MPH.

the single most important thing to do, is install Brake Pads that can handle Many Laps at RA.
Then you can have Fun and not have that, OH-$hit my Brakes don't work Moment! :wooo

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
12-09-2008, 12:34 PM
absolutely, and Brand car is welcome!

and, Please spend the money on HP PLUS brake pads or better!

street pads will FADE = whichs means they Melt, and GAS, and reduce the friction to the rotor to almost zero Brakes!
which is not good at 100 + MPH.

the single most important thing to do, is install Brake Pads that can handle Many Laps at RA.
Then you can have Fun and not have that, OH-$hit my Brakes don't work Moment! :wooo

And make sure you have fresh brake fluid

Flicktitty
12-09-2008, 01:15 PM

do you think this would be a good time to put a higher dot brake fluid in (Dot4)?

turbogarrett
12-09-2008, 01:40 PM
I would just put some fresh fluid in a day or two before the event, dot4 would be better. The longer it sits in the system the greater chance it has to absorb moisture and that will lower the boiling point considerably. If you want to use a race type fluid in a car that will see the street, look for a high wet boiling temp.

Waver
12-09-2008, 03:05 PM
My car is together for now, however I am going to be doing some work to it after this month.....well shal I say, the various mustang tuners in the area will be doing some work to it....I will have one of the RA gurus look my car over the weekend before ra to be on the safe side

Todd Z
12-09-2008, 03:54 PM
All this SH+*TT% weather today does not make april come any sooner. A winter road trip to Sebring or out west is starting to look real good. Oh yah I forgot the economy sucks and I don't have the cash for it. Well 24 hours of Daytona is only 45 days away. I also just spent an hour on the phone regarding next season. At least bench racing helps time go by. What will be the goal time at RA next year 2:2X.XXX

GTSLOW
12-09-2008, 07:32 PM

Hell yes! I'd say anything from autozone is garbage.

x5000

My car is together for now, however I am going to be doing some work to it after this month.....well shal I say, the various mustang tuners in the area will be doing some work to it....I will have one of the RA gurus look my car over the weekend before ra to be on the safe side

Order a set of Hawk HP Plus pads first. That way you can run RA either way. You'll do fine with those, obviously your factory tires aren't the greatest but they'll do.

I used my HP Plus pads on the street. They were a little noisy at times but not bad. I'd only use HPS on the rear tho. Otherwise you'll end up like ssmike1 one year. Hawk blues in the front and rear = wheel hop at 60mph :rolf :rolf

Heat Seeker WS6
12-19-2008, 01:10 PM

To pass tech, if you have a convertible you'll need hoops or a roll bar that exceeds the height of you w/ your helmet on. I dont remember if you have them or not.

Heat Seeker WS6
12-19-2008, 01:12 PM
registration is open and if your gonna run, get in the paperwork asap! Things are a bit different this year, so get your spots taken care of! Our goal is to sell out as quick as possible, so waiting around may not be such a good idea.

LIZMO
12-19-2008, 01:35 PM
registration is open and if your gonna run, get in the paperwork asap! Things are a bit different this year, so get your spots taken care of! Our goal is to sell out as quick as possible, so waiting around may not be such a good idea.

if i sign up and then i can't get my car finished in time do i get the money back? or is it non returnable?

Heat Seeker WS6
12-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately its non-returnable.

Not sure what's all getting done to the various 'unfinished' cars, but I recommend if theres a chance of major work (motor) that may not get done in time of the event, but its still reliably trackable AND passes tech- concentrate on the brakes, suspension, tires. Get the motor built for the next event.

LIZMO
12-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately its non-returnable.

Not sure what's all getting done to the various 'unfinished' cars, but I recommend if theres a chance of major work (motor) that may not get done in time of the event, but its still reliably trackable AND passes tech- concentrate on the brakes, suspension, tires. Get the motor built for the next event.

actually, all my suspension is done in the car. just need to take it to Big Bear to get everything tuned in. i already got tires, just need to order better pads....

but my car won't be much fun having to pushing it aound RA.

shoooo32
12-20-2008, 09:06 AM
To pass tech, if you have a convertible you'll need hoops or a roll bar that exceeds the height of you w/ your helmet on. I dont remember if you have them or not.

All good John!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/shoooo32/DSCN1326-1.jpg

srt4eh
12-20-2008, 10:17 AM
I have a perfect car for this....unfortunately don't get home til May

Heat Seeker WS6
12-20-2008, 10:50 AM
All good John!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/shoooo32/DSCN1326-1.jpg

badass! :headbang

turbogarrett
12-20-2008, 10:56 AM
May have to sit this one out, baby on the way and still don't know the extent of engine damage from my last outing up there. If my car doesn't make it, I'll be pit crew for brother in laws sti.

SSmike1
12-27-2008, 09:54 PM

web site updated!