PDA

View Full Version : Time to return my gun! Stoeger 2000

84hurst
12-06-2008, 04:18 PM
So I bought a Stoeger 2000 Semi auto from Gander Mtn. back in April. I've taken it back to Gander 2 times already because it is not fully inserting the new shell roughly once every 3-5 shots. Both times they told me they found a burr, cleaned it and put 25 rounds through it without a problem and maybe try a different ammo. After talking to my friends cousin, an ex Gander employee, apparently, they tell EVERYONE the same thing. And of course today at a game farm, it jammed up on me 3 times and once for my friend. I'm hoping for a FULL refund and a discount on a new, DIFFERENT gun. Sooo, I'm back in the market for a 12 ga semi auto. Any recommendations? I'm thinking I'll spend a little more this time and get a far superior gun. I was thinking an M1 or similar. I've heard the 11-87 aren't very reliable so I won't be going with one of those.

Reverend Cooper
12-06-2008, 06:43 PM
im thinking return it and go to a real gun store

STANMAN
12-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Which Gander? The gunsmiths at all of them vary, and I don't know any of them anymore that are worth a shit unfortunatly. Good luck getting it returned, it takes an act of God for that to happen. I mean it has, just be prepared to go through the grinder. Gander Mountain isn't a bad store to purchase a firearm if you know what you want, but after that, if you're looking for someone to actually be useful in the selection, it's very hit or miss.

The 11-87 is a great gun, whomever told you otherwise is in the minority in his view of the gun. The Winchester Super X series is a good value as well, same as the Browning Gold series, just without the price tag. Of course you can't go wrong with an M1 either.

Rocket Power
12-06-2008, 08:46 PM
SBS hotness M1 Super90
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=117528953 :drool:
http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/117528000/117528953/pix1507859906.jpg

73Dustr
12-07-2008, 02:25 AM
11-87s are good shotguns for the price. I agree that the Winchester X2 is a good gun as well. Did you buy the gun new or used?

07ROUSHSTG3
12-07-2008, 08:30 AM
stoeger = crappy benelli wannabe.

STANMAN
12-07-2008, 10:36 AM
stoeger = crappy benelli wannabe.

Stoeger and Benelli in the same sentance, that should be some sort of crime:rolf

Russ Jerome
12-07-2008, 12:11 PM
SRM:
http://www.defensereview.com/stories/srm/SRM_Arms_Rotary-Mag_Semi-Auto_Combat_Shotgun_SHOTShow2008_2-04-08_2.jpg

If you must use a shotgun (aka:pellet gun) then you may
as well go all out.

84hurst
12-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I bought it from the Gander on 27th St brand new. The only reason I went with the Stoeger is because a friend of mine has had one for over 2 years, put 1000+ rds through it without a problem, not even ever cleaned it. Apparently now the gun has to go back to the manufacturer because Gander can;t figure out the problem. But.... while the gun is in the shop, I'm gonna call the corporate office and bitch, because apparently that is the only way to get a refund on a firearm. I understand that now it is a used firearm and they can't resell it as new, but come on, it's a manufacturers defect, any reasonable company should stand behind thier product and refund or replace the gun. As far as the gun I will purchase, I will need to do more research on them. All I know is that I would like to keep the price under $1000.

Breecher_7
12-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Stoeger and Benelli in the same sentance, that should be some sort of crime:rolf

No shit...

I own the M1 benelli, feel free to come shoot it. Stoeger = Junk IMO

STANMAN
12-07-2008, 06:37 PM
I bought it from the Gander on 27th St brand new. The only reason I went with the Stoeger is because a friend of mine has had one for over 2 years, put 1000+ rds through it without a problem, not even ever cleaned it. Apparently now the gun has to go back to the manufacturer because Gander can;t figure out the problem. But.... while the gun is in the shop, I'm gonna call the corporate office and bitch, because apparently that is the only way to get a refund on a firearm. I understand that now it is a used firearm and they can't resell it as new, but come on, it's a manufacturers defect, any reasonable company should stand behind thier product and refund or replace the gun. As far as the gun I will purchase, I will need to do more research on them. All I know is that I would like to keep the price under $1000.

Well, expect to get a new Stoeger from the manufacturer, anything less than that and you have a reason to bitch. So, when they send you the new gun, don't fire it, sell it to the next unsuspecting soul as "nib" and take that money and put it towards a nice gun. Take about 10% off the price of a new one to start, if you get that, cut the losses and run. Or keep the Stoeger as a back up. Funny story, the best wing shot I have ever met (he hunts on game farms 3-4 times a week, and when season opens, its every day on anything that flies) shoots a Stoeger auto, he's NEVER had any problems with it, and he treats his guns like they are a tool, he never cleans it, ever. And he can shoulder it and get the bird on the ground before my mind even realizes there was a bird in the air. He's THAT good, it's kinda spooky, lol.

84hurst
12-08-2008, 12:39 AM
I don't know for sure what's gonna happen next. I'm gonna fight to get the refund. And breecher, I may take you up on that offer. Tell me when and where and i'll buy some clays and rounds and we'll go shootin'. I wanna find out what to buy next. Shooting one may convince me either way.

Breecher_7
12-08-2008, 04:38 AM
You want to shoot clays with Tactical Shotgun? Youd be wasting your time. Find a old car or house to shoot up! Thats what there designed for! Offer stands but trying to shoot clays would be a waste of time.

Rocket Power
12-08-2008, 10:37 PM
More of a challenge with a cyl bore barrel. You got the 14" or a non NFA length?

Quick96ss
12-10-2008, 10:54 PM
I shoot a Super Black Eagle Benelli. I love it and will only buy Benelli shotguns from now on!