PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Punisher yet?

Yooformula
12-06-2008, 12:47 PM
just curious if its worth the alleged download.

Beagle
12-06-2008, 12:57 PM
You beat me to the thread. X2 Anyone see it?

SlowStee
12-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Dude I work with loved it, Said they didn't hold back while making this an R movie. Im seeing it today!!

Waver
12-07-2008, 02:01 AM
It pisses me off that they didnt use Thomas jane for the lead role again......he brought the Punnisher to life in the first one

GTSLOW
12-07-2008, 09:05 AM
^ Technically this is the first one....again.

Since I'm on leave for a while I'm planning on seeing it during a weekday AM showing. Shouldn't be busy then ;)

07ROUSHSTG3
12-07-2008, 09:12 AM
so does this one happen before the other one then. i haven't seen either of them, but the guy that has the lead in this one will get me to see it. i loved him in "rome" on HBO. just wondering if i should watch the other one first??

what is up with remakes of remakes. they did the same thing with "Hulk"??? confuses me, LOL!

Karps TA
12-07-2008, 09:45 AM
This like the Hulk takes place after the "other" movie.

Marvel took control of their characters after seeing the movie studios screw up the first time. So they are making them the way they feel they should have been made. What's nice is they are not wasting a bunch of time on how the character became, and just getting into the story.

Maybe they can take over the Spiderman series and pretend like those first 3 didn't happen as well.

Yooformula
12-07-2008, 10:39 AM
exactly! I was a HUGE comic collector when I was younger so I am really glad and impressed with Marvel right now. They arent wasting time taking their movies back and redoing them. Its almost comics on the screen now especially with the way they are bringing them into each other in a subtle way.

That_Guy
12-07-2008, 11:35 AM
i saw this movie 4 weeks ago at a prescreening it was ******* awesome. this movie makes the other punisher seem pg

Waver
12-07-2008, 11:41 AM
This like the Hulk takes place after the "other" movie.

Marvel took control of their characters after seeing the movie studios screw up the first time. So they are making them the way they feel they should have been made. What's nice is they are not wasting a bunch of time on how the character became, and just getting into the story.

Maybe they can take over the Spiderman series and pretend like those first 3 didn't happen as well.

I disagree, I think that the spiderman franchise was probably the best of all the marvel movies....I have seen them all as well as read the comic books.....I think the spiderman ones were the closest.....however the remake of the Hulk was good too

Karps TA
12-07-2008, 12:32 PM
I could not disagree more. I hated the Spiderman movies. THey made Peter Parker way whinier and emo then he ever was, the casting was terrible IMO, Kristen Dunst isn't even that good looking as a blonde, she was not good looking as a red head, every single movie ends with the bad guy being sorry for being bad, the special effects are uneven throughout the movie ranging from amazing to PS2 quality. I could go on and on. The 2nd one was the only one close to being ok. I think that is the most overrated movie series ever.

SlowStee
12-07-2008, 12:56 PM
The new Punisher is over the top killing non stop. Definitely a gorey fun movie.

Waver
12-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I could not disagree more. I hated the Spiderman movies. THey made Peter Parker way whinier and emo then he ever was, the casting was terrible IMO, Kristen Dunst isn't even that good looking as a blonde, she was not good looking as a red head, every single movie ends with the bad guy being sorry for being bad, the special effects are uneven throughout the movie ranging from amazing to PS2 quality. I could go on and on. The 2nd one was the only one close to being ok. I think that is the most overrated movie series ever.

Well, I liked them better than some of the marval comics movies, spiderman, daredevil, and the origional punnisher were the exceptions.....however I have to admit, peter parker was a little too emo for my tastes.

Karps TA
12-07-2008, 03:09 PM
I think had the last Punisher movie NOT had John Travolta in it, and it would have been much better.

Waver
12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
I think had the last Punisher movie NOT had John Travolta in it, and it would have been much better.

Possibly, I just think Thomas Jane is the right person for the role, not the guy they have now

SlowStee
12-07-2008, 08:04 PM
News received a note from Thomas Jane which says that the actor has pulled out of Lionsgate's The Punisher 2. Here's a bit from the letter:

"What I won't do is spend months of my life sweating over a movie that I just don't believe in. I've always loved the Marvel guys, and wish them well. Meanwhile, I'll continue to search for a film that one day might stand with all those films that the fans have asked me to watch."

Waver
12-07-2008, 08:05 PM
really? damn, that seems like ashocker since he did all that extra work on the dvd shit

wikked
12-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I saw it on Friday... there were a lot of "oh hell no..." moments.
It actually got very good ratings as well, if that means anything these days.

Only got 1/2 star less than that faggy Twilight movie.

Definitely worth seeing in a crowded theater.

No idea how it only got an R rating lol... was worse than Rambo. :thumbsup

There was an old couple in there, like 65+... I don't think they knew what they were in for.

GTSLOW
12-07-2008, 09:23 PM
The new Punisher is over the top killing non stop. Definitely a gorey fun movie.

I'll kick a chair into your face bitch!

Troutman
12-07-2008, 10:14 PM
so no one remembers the first punisher movie back in the late 80s with Dolph Lundgren?

Waver
12-07-2008, 10:15 PM
so no one remembers the first punisher movie back in the late 80s with Dolph Lundgren?

I think there is a reason why no one remembers that lol

theavenger333
12-08-2008, 12:29 AM
just saw it, like it's been said, holy gore. i mean seriously, the R rating is not nearly strong enough.

as for this version of the punisher, it's got NOTHING to do with the other one. this is a "different take" on the punisher. its the same general idea, but castle's family is different, the way they died is nothing compared to the one with Thomas Jane. i DO wish Jane was in there though, the guy they used this time wasn't BAD. he was prob more fitting, this movie portrays him more as a heartless monster a bit i'd say, but still a good guy. i just liked Jane's rendition better. definatly worth seeing

Karps TA
12-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Thomas Jane definetly looked the part more.

After flipping on that Punisher movie last night I remembered the biggest reason to not like it, the stupid comic relief neighbors he had. It's like they didn't want to get too dark.

The actual revenge part was pretty good. I enjoyed the whole tricking the guy into killing his wife and best friend.

Waver
12-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Thomas Jane definetly looked the part more.

After flipping on that Punisher movie last night I remembered the biggest reason to not like it, the stupid comic relief neighbors he had. It's like they didn't want to get too dark.

The actual revenge part was pretty good. I enjoyed the whole tricking the guy into killing his wife and best friend.

See that is what I have been saying, He is the punnisher, at least the way that I remembered him in the comics....Still might go and check this one out though.....

Yooformula
12-08-2008, 01:15 PM
I never like travolta and the neighbors in that movie. without them it would have been awesome movie but Jane totally made the punisher character. he fit the role of the family guy and then the role of the asskicker.

SlowStee
12-08-2008, 03:31 PM
I'll kick a chair into your face bitch!

Ill punch my hand through your FACE shit head.

Yooformula
01-07-2009, 10:13 PM
finally saw it tonight. friggin awesome!!!

GTSLOW
01-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Ill punch my hand through your FACE shit head.

:rolf

97z2801ss
01-08-2009, 06:27 PM
downloaded havent watched yet

97z2801ss
01-09-2009, 08:31 AM
definitly worth watching pretty cool bloodshed movie

Yooformula
01-09-2009, 02:34 PM
very dark this time around much better imo.