PDA

View Full Version : Yes, another remote start thread. Having Issues

03CVLX
12-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Who In the Milwaukee/Waukesha area is a reputable installer of Viper Remote Start units? I had mine installed awhile ago but I am still having issues with it. Can the warranty be honored at other installers or just the original installer? I won't use Best Buy or Circuit City, just don't trust them way to many horror stories.

As for the problem I think my Security Bypass module may be going bad or just losing its programing . I have one of the programmable ones as I refuse to lose one of my keys. The first time I go out to the car in the morning I use the remote start, the car will crank, start and then die 10 seconds later. Sometimes it will start ok the second try other times it takes 3 or more times.

I took it back to the original installer this morning, and they wanted to cut up my spare key to use in the replacement security module. When I wouldn't let him do that, he told me that you can only program so many keys and he doesn't think he can use a programmable module in the car. EVEN THOUGH THERE IS ONE THERE NOW?????:mad: I dunno if he was trying to take the quick and easy way out or what.

Anybody have any ideas.

Thanks,

Tom

GRAMPS SS
12-06-2008, 12:09 PM
pm RYAN...aka...PURE SOUND...he's a wiz with this stuff.....

BlackLightning
12-06-2008, 01:13 PM
probably won't help but I am using the DEI directed 555F on my 2001 ford so there is no need to hack up a key and everything else still works. I am using it with an autopage remote start.

http://www.directedstore.com/manuals/555FW.pdf

03CVLX
12-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Actually, thats probably exactly what I need, If my module is indeed bad. Thanks for the link.

PureSound15
12-06-2008, 03:00 PM
The programmable modules have had problems since they were created about 2 years ago. The way we used to do EVERY single remote start that is installed into a vehicle with the security bypass is to use the spare key.

I chose to install the spare key into my car rather than the programmable just because of the memory loss issues that those modules still have (not every single one, but let's go with 1/10).

Did John do that for you, Tom?

03CVLX
12-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Did John do that for you, Tom?

That would be a big negative. :( I told Stay Tuned I wanted John to do the install but the day I dropped the car off, John told me that one of the bosses pulled him off it for another job. I wasn't gonna risk getting John in any sort of trouble by making a big deal out of it so I just let them do it as scheduled. They let some guy do it that quit not long after my car was done.

The problem I am having with this one is the same reason I thought my old one was broken. It was such a cheap unit that I decided to have it replaced with a quality unit. That and Sound Spectrum went belly up so there was no one to service it.

Also for the record Stay Tuned didn't install this bypass, it was in place from my old remote starter. However, I suspected it may have been an issue from the start but Stay Tuned said it looked fine and was ok to reuse so I believed them. I also found out today that all the install instructions I asked for originally were totally ignored by that other installer. Those were supposedly fixed today. John was off today , so some other guy redid the programming.

I have am willing to bet that if John had done the install like I wanted, This thread wouldn't exist.

So honestly this is partly my fault by reusing that old Bypass, but I know nothing about them and just went with what I was told.

BTW. If you happen to talk to John. Have him call me. I still owe him Lunch from one of the many favors he has done for me. :thumbsup

Ryan, I sent you a PM as well.