PDA

View Full Version : Fuck A-1 radiator and automotive

Trutildeathxxx
12-05-2008, 05:58 PM
My sister drives a 01 camaro. ON monday when it snowed she slid across an intersection and hit a tree with the front left wheel of her car. It didnt touch the body at all just threw the alignment off. Being good friends with our family for a number of years we take she takes it over to A-1. After they inspect it they come to the conclusion that the sub frame is bent and the oil pan is wrecked. They qoute a used sub frame at $1100, an oil pan at almost $300, and labor up over $800 and kept pressuring my sister to go through her insurance and file a claim. This didnt seem right to me so i do some checking around of my own. I found a subframe for $125 from a junk yard, and an oil pan and gasket for $150. I recieved estimates on how long it would take to do the job from 3 reputable sources and the longest of the three said it would take no more than 4.5 hours. I tell my sister to take the car out of there this morning, and they charge her 35 bucks just to leave with the car. I order all the parts and recieved them today as well. I have her take the car over by kenny at west allis auto and get all the parts there as well. Kenny puts it up on the lift. The sub frame is straight as an arrow and the oil pan has nothing at all wrong with it. After further investigation, all that is wrong is a bent spindle. Now i have to pay a restocking fee on th e parts i ordered because of A1. I have a new spidle coming and will be all done and drivable monday morning for less than 10% of what A1 tried to rip us off for. they just wanted to make a decent amount of money on an insurance job and make my sisters premium go up. If you have any thoughts of going to A1, go a couple extra blocks to 90th and national by kenny and tell him kyle sent you. Kenny is the man and has some sick drag cars.You think with all the guys and lady that work at a 1 being really close friends with my family, they wouldnt have tried to rip us off like that. I would have loved to see what a1 would have one after they replaced the subframe and it still wasnt right. FUCK A 1:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

RanJer
12-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Ouch.. that sucks royally.. Glad you got it squared away and took the time to look into it yourself. There's a lot of suckers that'll just sign away and pay it..

Off topic.. we can cuss in thread titles now? lol

JC70SS
12-05-2008, 06:15 PM
snow tires or a winter beater.....just like driving a sled with no studs.

Feature Pony
12-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Kenny owned my dad's old superbee that I'm still looking for and is good friends with my uncle. I remember going over to his house when I was a kid and he was racing a acid dipped 72 cuda that was red in the 80's. See if you can find out where the t5 bronze 69 bee he owned went to. Thanks

Trutildeathxxx
12-05-2008, 06:37 PM
snow tires or a winter beater.....just like driving a sled with no studs.
thats not the problem here, she should have been more careful driving yes, and im encouraging her to get another car for winter. its just the way things were handled afterwards that has me bent out of shape.

Voodoo Chick
12-05-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm very glad your sister's Camaro (and your sister, of course) are all right. It's terrible when places try to take advantage of an already bad situation, and make it so much worse. Best luck to you all, and if any of my cars ever need anything, I'll steer them far away from A1.

70challenger
12-05-2008, 08:00 PM
kens good shit. im goin snowmobiling and drinking with him tommorrow

Ricky Bobby
12-05-2008, 08:01 PM
did u deal with lance over there or lance jr those are the only 2 i used to deal with. They always seemed shady but the work was always done correctly so i couldnt complain i would go back and raise hell just because they wasted all my ******* time :thumbsup

Trutildeathxxx
12-05-2008, 10:07 PM
did u deal with lance over there or lance jr those are the only 2 i used to deal with. They always seemed shady but the work was always done correctly so i couldnt complain i would go back and raise hell just because they wasted all my ******* time :thumbsup

we were dealing with tony and shelly, tony was best buddies with my dad before he passed away and im pretty sure lance sr. lives in florida now.

Trutildeathxxx
12-05-2008, 10:38 PM
kens good shit. im goin snowmobiling and drinking with him tommorrow
ill probably stop out at his house to tomorrow, i do all his work on his sleds, he got 2 new ones and they all ready to go.

Smokey1226
12-05-2008, 10:46 PM
wtf mate, Glad to hear you didnt pay them a dime.

subliminal1284
12-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Another place to avoid is Tires Plus, I have caught them in lies 2 different times now. I took my car in for an alignment and they told me they couldnt do it cause the balljoints were bad and they wanted 800 bucks to do it so I took it to my mechanic and he said the ball joints were tight. I have caught them trying to pull that scheme on me twice now on 2 different cars.

GRAMPS SS
12-05-2008, 11:12 PM
WHERE IS THIS SAID A-1 ASSHOLE place...so we all know to stay clear...

Trutildeathxxx
12-05-2008, 11:15 PM
WHERE IS THIS SAID A-1 ASSHOLE place...so we all know to stay clear...

about 82nd and lincoln ave in stallis, there needs to be an "avoid these places" thread started.

GRAMPS SS
12-05-2008, 11:18 PM
about 82nd and lincoln ave in stallis, there needs to be an "avoid these places" thread started.

i have to agree....:thumbsup

Poncho
12-06-2008, 01:14 AM
Ouch.. that sucks royally.. Glad you got it squared away and took the time to look into it yourself. There's a lot of suckers that'll just sign away and pay it..

Off topic.. we can cuss in thread titles now? lol

i thought we could say whatever the fuck we wanted.

SSScottSS
12-06-2008, 01:30 AM
I would consider filing a report with BBB. I understand a business needs to make money, but that is outright stealing. Thanks for the heads up

HY35F2T
12-06-2008, 01:41 AM
would be funny if someone happen to spray paint a penis on the building.:rolf

70challenger
12-06-2008, 01:49 AM
ill probably stop out at his house to tomorrow, i do all his work on his sleds, he got 2 new ones and they all ready to go.

my grandpa owns the land that ken and his son matt usually go riding on so i know it well. lots of fun places to explore!

Sprayaway Fox
12-06-2008, 03:18 AM
There is a big difference if you go somewhere and tell them you have insurance or if your paying for it out of your pocket. I have seen it a lot. Thats how shops makes extra overhead. Thats why insurance rates go up.

Same as when the insurance cuts you a check. Then you get it fixed for cheaper. I dont see anybody returning the extra money they gave them back to the insurance company.

modmachz
12-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I have had a few run arounds with these Fvuckin idiots! On one occasion when a car left there lot after they had to check the front end for a noise in which they had to remove the front wheel in which they stated they did,the motherFvuckin tire came right off as soon as it was takin off there lot and flew into a apartment building luckily not hurting anyone, And the Fvuckin asshats denied it was there fault!!!! They are crooked operators over there DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE EVEN A POS THERE, THEY WILL LIE AND FUCK SOMETHING UP EVEN WORSE.. THEY SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS, I also heard they are trying to work on snowmobiles and advertise to work on motorcycles.. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!