PDA

View Full Version : Wide angle lens for a blad

GRAMPS SS
12-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Anyone here have a wide angle lens for my 503CW....i need to shoot a pic for Germantown High School and need one...i know a a small few of you own Hasselblads and was just wondering and if so would you borrow it..i'll pay to use the thing....

wayne

Korndogg
12-05-2008, 04:56 PM
your retired......

GRAMPS SS
12-05-2008, 10:29 PM
yea right...i thought so too...but they pulled me back in.....

Nick
12-06-2008, 01:55 AM
I'm too poor for a Hasselblad otherwise I would let you use mine for free. Do canon lenses work? :p

GRAMPS SS
12-06-2008, 11:38 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf NOT....but thanks NICK for the offer if you did have a BLAD.....wanna buy one....:thumbsup

jamest
12-06-2008, 02:36 PM
How wide are you thinking?

You can rent one from Calumet Photo also.

GRAMPS SS
12-06-2008, 05:32 PM
need it for the 17th of this month....it sucks that HELIX closed...15 mins and i could be there....and have it ....but no...they had to close...and now i have to drive to chi town....no thanks....looking at useing a 50mm....it's for a group shot and i'm in tight quarters and crap in the foreground that i need to make sure i don't get in the pic....even if io can crop it out later.....

jamest
12-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Oh gotcha. The widest I have is 80mm.

You don't have to drive to Chicago in order to rent from them. When Helix closed Calumet promised free shipping for rentals to the Milwaukee area. I would suggest to ask about that if you call. You have to pay for shipping the rental back to them of course. Otherwise I know you have to put down a deposit for the replacement cost of what you are renting. I've had to request some emergency rentals from them and they came through so I wouldn't worry about getting it in time.

Here is the rental catalog
http://www.calumetphoto.com/pdfs/CHI_CalumetRental.pdf

50mm on pg. 22
$25/day
$75/week

GRAMPS SS
12-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh gotcha. The widest I have is 80mm.

You don't have to drive to Chicago in order to rent from them. When Helix closed Calumet promised free shipping for rentals to the Milwaukee area. I would suggest to ask about that if you call. You have to pay for shipping the rental back to them of course. Otherwise I know you have to put down a deposit for the replacement cost of what you are renting. I've had to request some emergency rentals from them and they came through so I wouldn't worry about getting it in time.

Here is the rental catalog
http://www.calumetphoto.com/pdfs/CHI_CalumetRental.pdf

50mm on pg. 22
$25/day
$75/week

i have 2 80mms and a 160mm for my portrait work...never needed a wide angle...even for wedding..the 80mm always worked fine...but not for this...

..that lens has to be 2500.00 or more new...Helix was cheap on rentals as well...i miss that place.....i should just call Roberts in Indy...i have an account with them...i should just bite the bullet and buy the dammm thing and write it off..:devil.....BUT....i'll call them monday and see if they can get me the lens in time

jamest
12-07-2008, 04:45 PM
..that lens has to be 2500.00 or more new...Helix was cheap on rentals as well...i miss that place.....i should just call Roberts in Indy...i have an account with them...i should just bite the bullet and buy the dammm thing and write it off..:devil.....BUT....i'll call them monday and see if they can get me the lens in time

You should get a Phase One back while you are at it. :thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
12-07-2008, 07:21 PM
You should get a Phase One back while you are at it. :thumbsup

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf i peed on that one....:goof