PDA

View Full Version : car stalling

2006wrxtr
12-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Just keeps stalling. I had it on the dyno today and it ran fine. Made 500@5700rpm.

It will run fine and then just stall even running at highway speeds.
Let it sit for a minute then it starts right up and runs fine for awhile.
It started doing this the other day maybe once on the way to work
now it is doing it every few minutes.

Could it bee the msd box? The coil?

I am going to pull the plugs this weekend and look at them. The cap and rotor look good.

Thnaks, Mike

Sprayaway Fox
12-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Mine was the fuel pump, If you bought a Walboro off Ebay that would prolly be the culprit. Mine did same. Otherwise prolly a TFI.

I would drive mine and would die down the HWY wait a 1 minute and it would fire back up, cruise a while then die. I had a MSD box in it also, it had spark when it was dead but no FP. When it dies check your FP if you got a gauge on the rail, My FP was overheating and kicking off.

Also hardwire the inertia box, behind the trunk panel. In old age they like to get finicky with any kind of bump. The bad part is though if you get into a accident GET THE FA OUT OF THE CAR or shut key off cause fuel pump will still run

GTSLOW
12-04-2008, 10:00 PM
When my MSD 6A went out it did that. Eventually it just cut off the ignition completely. I had it setup on my s10 with a no splice harness so I was able to put the stock harness back together correctly and drive away. MSD replaced it under warranty.

2006wrxtr
12-05-2008, 03:38 PM
cleaned the connections in the ECU to the chip and cleaned up some of the grounds but it still ran like crap. So, I pulled a plug and it was just black with soot. Figure they all look like that and are fouled so I will be changing them tomorrow. Then we will see what happens.