PDA

View Full Version : * Tips to sleep better *

awsomeears
12-02-2008, 10:12 PM
I recently picked up a Memory Foam mattress :thumbsup its really nice and I sleep allot better.

But is there anything else out there that can help ? When I mean sleep better I mean sleeping 7 to 8 hours and being fresh to go in the AM.

Z28Envy
12-02-2008, 10:23 PM
I recently picked up a Memory Foam mattress :thumbsup its really nice and I sleep allot better.

But is there anything else out there that can help ? When I mean sleep better I mean sleeping 7 to 8 hours and being fresh to go in the AM.

Ambien:goof

Holeshot
12-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Damn I thought you were gonna mention an April Air for my house. But a couple of Ambians and a few shots of Gray Goose makes me sleep the best.

domokun
12-02-2008, 10:27 PM
"release yourself" before bed. if you know what I mean. it helps me :-/

Voodoo Chick
12-02-2008, 10:28 PM
I have insomnia 99 % of the time........one of the reasons why I post about a million times a day.....

awsomeears
12-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Damn I thought you were gonna mention an April Air for my house. But a couple of Ambians and a few shots of Gray Goose makes me sleep the best.

Actually the correct humidity in the house helps :rolf soon Daniel Son :rolf

93 Coupe
12-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Advil PM or Benadryl

Al
12-02-2008, 11:30 PM
I have insomnia 99 % of the time........one of the reasons why I post about a million times a day.....

Ah! The 3AM Post Club.

Good mattress seems to work for me. I know this because I have not had a nice mattress in about 5 years. When I finish with school, a new bed will be one of my very first purchases.

lordairgtar
12-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Single Malt Scotch...Glenlivit, Glenfiddich.

Yooformula
12-03-2008, 12:16 AM
melatonix really helped with my long term chemical insomnia.

Sprayaway Fox
12-03-2008, 12:53 AM
glass of milk, 1 mixed drink or a beer

Silver350
12-03-2008, 06:54 AM
Just fire off some knuckle children before bed time :thumbsup

Beagle
12-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Watching TV can help but I think listening to music works the best.

CobraSnake
12-03-2008, 11:37 AM
I use the noise from a fan. I can't sleep without it anymore. It keeps all the other noises out of your mind and just lets you sleep. I actually wake up about 10 or 15 minutes before my alarm goes off almost every morning. Oh yeah and a good matress is a BIG key factor.

Mark

Cryptic
12-03-2008, 12:13 PM
sex before bed

PureSound15
12-03-2008, 01:15 PM
sex before bed

qft

And unfortunately I do have to clarify this for many of our members. This is referring to sex with someone else.

Yes. Andy's got game.

Karps TA
12-03-2008, 01:54 PM
I use the noise from a fan. I can't sleep without it anymore. It keeps all the other noises out of your mind and just lets you sleep. I actually wake up about 10 or 15 minutes before my alarm goes off almost every morning. Oh yeah and a good matress is a BIG key factor.

Mark

I'm the same way. Matter of fact the last couple nights I couldn't sleep, put the fan back on last nite and had my best nites sleep in several days.

Prince Valiant
12-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Don't watch TV one hour before you'd like to go to bed...instead, read a book. And no, the internet is NOT a book (being active entertainment, it'll actually stimulate your brain to stay awake, vs. going into sleep mode, and is perhaps more effective at keeping you awake than a TV).

Get good exercise during the day...and at least 4 hours before you'd like to go to bed. I don't mean you've got to go for a run or anything like that...but a good 1/2-1 hour walk is a great bit of the kind of exercise that'll help you get better sleep. Exercise helps to normalize serotonin levels and the pattern at which you may find those levels throughout the day, and normalized serotonin secretion is key to good sleep.

Get into a sleeping pattern. Some can just put their head down any old time...but most of us need to establish normal bedtimes and normal wake times. So, most days I go to sleep around 11-12, and wake up around 7-8, even on weekends. We oftentimes get into bad habbits in HS where we make a habbit of staying out extremely late on weekends and sleeping all hours of the day, etc...while that worked okay then, we actually were almost always sleep deprived.

A shot or A drink or Aglass of wine about a half hour before bed is okay too...but don't drink too much more; while it can help you get to sleep faster, too much alcohol can also make your sleep more restless and fitfull.

Benadryl can be helpfull in the beginning...but shouldn't be part of a long-term solution to the problem. BUT, as a helper, it can be what helps establish the long term sleep patterns you wish to learn and practice.