PDA

View Full Version : Update on Yoo?

badass88gt
12-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Maybe I missed it, but I'm curious. How is everything going?

Voodoo Chick
12-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Last I heard, he was doing pretty good.......REALLY hoping this is still the case....

Yooformula
12-02-2008, 02:07 PM
thank you! trying to get better all the time. right now still blind in left eye, slowly losing more of the right eye and my memory but the expectation is within months it will all return. I cant walk much but slowly working on it. I am very lucky and hopefully after my first post surgery visit tomorrow I will get timetables for the healing. radiation will take me a few steps back but still expected to return to normal. the people that have dropped by really have made it alot easier and funnier..

Slow Joe
12-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Good to hear you're doing better Yoo... Radiation and Chemo (if you get it) will take alot out of you, but the end result is great. I had two Grandparents go through it last year and this year they're both back to normal. :thumbsup Keep hangin in there bud!

badass88gt
12-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Great news. Really glad to hear things are looking better.

Yooformula
12-02-2008, 02:12 PM
thats what I am hoping for Joe. I have heard some horror stories about this radiation so I am a bit scared of it. It was confirmed that the plates in my head WILL burn so I am not looking forward to that but oh well.

Slow Joe
12-02-2008, 02:14 PM
thats what I am hoping for Joe. I have heard some horror stories about this radiation so I am a bit scared of it. It was confirmed that the plates in my head WILL burn so I am not looking forward to that but oh well.

My Grandma on my Mom's side just had the radiation. It really wore her out, but she was declared cancer free after about 3-4 months of weekly treatment...

About a month later her life started returning to normal... Then again, normal for an 83 year old woman is Bingo on Sunday and Thursday... And sometimes a trip to Potawotomi... :rolf :rolf

pOrk
12-02-2008, 02:15 PM
My grandpa made it through Chemo and just finished radiation. Its just another treatment, my grandpa is alot older and weaker and he seemed to come through alright. Best of luck Yoo, I haven't said much as I am not good with handling things like this. I hope everything turns sunny side up for you and hears to a speedy recovery.

Cryptic
12-02-2008, 02:18 PM
this isn't a chemo type of radiation that Yoosof is getting.

brotherbenn83
12-02-2008, 02:20 PM
this isn't a chemo type of radiation that Yoosof is getting.

Chemo refers to drug treatment, not radiation.

Cryptic
12-02-2008, 02:27 PM
yeah that was stupid the way I said that... :durr
I was trying to say is, Yoosof isn't getting any Chemotherapy.

pOrk
12-02-2008, 02:33 PM
My grandfather went through BOTH, one after another since the Chemo didn't work. Reading owns joo.

y2kws6
12-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Yoosof, just don't do what my father did. He had an automatic pump for the Chemo so he could have lower doses for a longer period of time and then go out deer hunting. The d@mn Chemo almost frose and ended up cooling his internal body temperature down. So in turn he made a tube of heat packs for the fluid to go through before going in his chest. You have to love the Tim Allen Dad.

Dan

juicedimpss
12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
stay tough Yoo.

Voodoo Chick
12-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Hang in there, we're all sending you our best wishes and prayers!!

Yooformula
12-02-2008, 02:57 PM
lol I am trying to b eat the shit out of this thing and keep it from returning. I am dying to hit the gym already and listening to the doc. I even stopped the narcotics after 1 day and just fought with the pain as my body will heal faster. Hell I only had 1 tylenol in the last days and that was because I lost my temper and managed to face plant into the floor. The 2nd surgery was 10x more painful than anything I ever imagined including the 1st so having made it through, I am kicking and fighting hard! I am hoping for little side effects from the radiation but I am not having chemo which is a good thing right now as 6 weeks of radiation is enough for me...lol

xxtremeteam
12-02-2008, 03:01 PM
yoo,
i was talking to nick (neuwave,skeletor) this morning we would like to stop by posible n sunday would that work ok for you??

also glad you are doing better and back to posting
Eric

Prince Valiant
12-02-2008, 03:02 PM
So Yoo...are you going to get some cool new superpowers? Bring like an ant, spider, bee, or something like that in there with you when you go through radiation treatment...i've seen this work in the movies, and from all my medical training, it should work. Actually...bring something in that can fly, so you can fly too.

We can work on some cool superhero uniforms in the interim while you learn the in and outs of your superpowers.

The hard part is finding a way to get paid as a superhero. Mostly you only get thanks....so maybe think about being a supervillian?

nismodave
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Yoo will not be feeling good after the Cowboys whup the Steelers!!!

Voodoo Chick
12-02-2008, 05:47 PM
So Yoo...are you going to get some cool new superpowers? Bring like an ant, spider, bee, or something like that in there with you when you go through radiation treatment...i've seen this work in the movies, and from all my medical training, it should work. Actually...bring something in that can fly, so you can fly too.

We can work on some cool superhero uniforms in the interim while you learn the in and outs of your superpowers.

The hard part is finding a way to get paid as a superhero. Mostly you only get thanks....so maybe think about being a supervillian?

Oooh! I am currently unemployed, can I be a supervillain sidekick??

Slow Joe
Dude, take the pain killers if you need them... They will help keep your body relaxed so you heal better and faster... More stress and anxeity (caused by pain) will slow the healing process... At least that's what I've been told...

michelle
Stay strong and positive! We're all here for you! (:

HRSEPLA
12-02-2008, 06:09 PM

Yoo will unleash a Jihad to likes that no man has seen before!!!!
And let me be your kindly cohort, with my trusty plunger.
And we can ride on one of these, I just saw them at Tina's BMX race this weekend!
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i143/mrshorseplay/sidehack2.jpg
Glad to hear you are hanging in there!

Waver
12-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey Yoo, plus side you are going to be better.....down side (well maybe for your wife, but not the kids) is that you will glow in the dark.....lol/ jk....anyhow, about what eric said, if it is cool we would like to stop on by possibly watch some football with you or somthing.....What ever, just let us know.

Reverend Cooper
12-02-2008, 07:11 PM
I was told we are watching the game at his place Dave. I will bring the chips and tissues so he can wipe his eyes

awsomeears
12-02-2008, 07:17 PM
I was at Yoo's house the other day checking out his Furnace, seemed pretty upbeat for having 1/2 of his head open and Doctors working in there. Simply amazing !!!

Keep on keepin on !!!

Yooformula
12-02-2008, 07:20 PM
the cowgirls will lose on sunday. vistors are always welcome as they really help. Coop, Dave and Chris(so many others to list) have been by almost everyday and taught me alot about the power of friends.

lol, Sam my jihad is coming soon!!!!! I learned alot from this and Chris(valiant) as long as my superhero powers can whoop your ass I will be happy.

Yooformula
12-02-2008, 07:21 PM
thanks so much brad! I didnt know about the results until I woke up! VERY KIND OF YOU BRO!

Reverend Cooper
12-02-2008, 07:21 PM
after the hurtin' Da' boys put on your bitch ass team your gonna need some pain med's sucka

Yooformula
12-02-2008, 07:22 PM
bring the morphione baby!

Reverend Cooper
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I told you it's medicinal marjuana you want lol

Yooformula
12-02-2008, 07:25 PM
ahahahahaha...

Crawlin
12-02-2008, 07:27 PM
It's awesome news Yoo!!!

Glad to see you fighting this thing hard. We all know it'll be no time before the ban hammer starts dropping again :)

If there is a gathering, even if it's for a short time for the game, I'd like to swing up. I'll even wear my Rodgers jersey for Coop ;)

Reverend Cooper
12-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Cool,but it's hard enough to let me in the house being a Cowboy's fan,you think a *** Packer fan will be let in? Ha not likely

Holeshot
12-02-2008, 07:32 PM
I told you it's medicinal marjuana you want lol

I can help in that department :stare

awsomeears
12-02-2008, 09:49 PM
thanks so much brad! I didnt know about the results until I woke up! VERY KIND OF YOU BRO!

Yea man your furnace is A-okay, the burners and flame sensor were dirty as hell, and I showed your dad ( I think ) how to properly install the filter. It was hokeypoked in there all loose.

And that noise your dad heard was Duct tape stuck inside the blower wheel :wow

I talked with your girl about re-doing your dryer vent, I told her how to DIY and where to get the stuff :thumbsup

noproblemo :thumbsup

Yooformula
12-03-2008, 10:32 PM
If there is a gathering, even if it's for a short time for the game, I'd like to swing up. I'll even wear my Rodgers jersey for Coop ;)
you and anyone else is more than welcome for sunday!

Yooformula
12-03-2008, 10:38 PM
it was a very good day but some shitty news.

I am prgessing very well but NOT where I should be so we have to push the subject.

the blindness and impending further blindness worries the surgeon so he has put me back on thatsteroid.:stare:wooo

they arent doing radiont for over a month now due to the slow healing which I like because the doc isnt pushing but prefers I heal. shitty thing is my eyesight will get blasted and some other bullshit. At least they will medicate me for the fitting of a bolt down face mask......:mad:

I had a list of 15 questions that he answered in my favor..NICE:banana and they took out my 35 staples and I got to keep them:alcoholic

Reverend Cooper
12-03-2008, 10:58 PM
oh hell yeah you kept em. noice!!!!!

73Dustr
12-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Best of luck Yoo! I personally feel that mental determination to overcome is just as important as the medical treatments. My grandma fought three different cancers over the past 20 years and swore she would beat every one of them. She did. Stay strong!

Crawlin
12-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Cool,but it's hard enough to let me in the house being a Cowboy's fan,you think a *** Packer fan will be let in? Ha not likely

So if I bring -

A cell phone
box of popcorn
sharpie marker

And a overdeveloped sense of self love(i.e. EGO) I'll be welcomed with open arms by a Cowboy fan?

GOT IT!!! :)

Yoo - Glad to hear everything is going better. Some things are definitely scary and it's awesome that the doctor was able to answer those questions for you

Yooformula
12-04-2008, 10:39 AM
ahahahahaha.scary wasnt the word for me before chris....this shit is a life changer in every sense but i am so pissed and determined now that fear cant be allowed to be an issue anymore.

JC70SS
12-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Keep fighting Yoo! Sorry I haven't visited.....my old man has been at St. Lukes since Oct 28. Had heart surgery and recovery is waaaaaaaay behind schedule.:crying