PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Need an enclosed trailer!

stealthy1ss
12-01-2008, 05:25 PM
I am in need of an enclosed trailer to haul my car from the bodyshop to my storage place either Wednesday or Thursday this week. So if anyone would be kind enough to either let me borrow the trailer or come with me to get the car to haul it back that would be awesome. I am more then willing to pay for all expenses involved and/or get your beverage of choice. If you can help me send me a pm and if you know of anywhere that I could rent one let me know as well. Thank you.

That_Guy
12-01-2008, 09:39 PM
tyler is good shit..

VroomPshhTsi
12-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Not to jack your thread, but I might be in need of the same thing, if the price is right that is. If it's too much, I'll just drive my car to the storage unit but I need one sometime this week or next (sooner the better). Let me know how much you want.

stealthy1ss - maybe we can use the same one? after you're done of course

Cryptic
12-02-2008, 12:28 AM
What you guys got for tow vehicles or did you need the engine and the caboose?

VroomPshhTsi
12-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Probably just the trailer, I can get a friend for the truck (unless someone is offering to drive theirs since it's just one trip).

VroomPshhTsi
12-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Now that I think about it, it would probably be easier if someone with a big truck and enclosed trailer to drive me and my car to the storage unit. I probably wouldn't let someone just "borrow" my trailer, so this way you are driving your own truck and trailer which I'm guessing is much safer.

Either way, let me know if anyone has anything. I got money and beer for you!!

Cryptic
12-02-2008, 10:22 AM
my rx7 is tied down in mine right now... I don't have a whole lot of free time this week either.

Voodoo Chick
12-02-2008, 01:14 PM
This might be an incredibly stupid question, but does U-Haul offer anything like that?

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-02-2008, 01:17 PM
LoL at having to haul late model cookie cutterish type automobiles to storage in enclosed trailers.
Mayhap's consider a rollback towing service ? Or gain some testicular fortitude and drive the sons of b!+@#'es.

I wouldn't drive my camry like cookie cutter anywhere right now either, but my car was tucked into its storage hole long ago.

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-02-2008, 01:20 PM
FWD=Sno-Goer.

Voodoo Chick
12-02-2008, 01:22 PM
My cars don't have storage this year.....They are out in my parking lot with multiple heavy-duty car covers on......I feel so bad for them, but they're tough old girls, lol......They haven't survived 30+ years by being p*ssies, I guess..........I really wish I could have stored them, though. Heartbreaking to see them all ice-locked.

pOrk
12-02-2008, 01:29 PM
LoL at having to haul late model cookie cutterish type automobiles to storage in enclosed trailers.
Mayhap's consider a rollback towing service ? Or gain some testicular fortitude and drive the sons of b!+@#'es.

I wouldn't drive my camry like cookie cutter anywhere right now either, but my car was tucked into its storage hole long ago.

Cause your 2003 Mustang is a real collectors piece! :punch:

Slow Joe
12-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey Andy, I might be sending you a PM in a couple weeks. We need to get the 928 back to Oconomowoc from Project Two (once it's done)... Tow Vehicle would be a '97 Tahoe 2-Dr... I think it has a brake controller, but I'll check otherwise I might need to steal a friend's Jeep ('05 GR CH LTD w/Hemi & Brake Controller)... :rolf

That is of course if you'd be willing to let me borrow it... I can understand if it's too much of a headache...

loud91rs
12-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Way to ask if you can even borrow your friend's jeep! Joe I still have your seat button sitting in my jeep btw.

Slow Joe
12-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Way to ask if you can even borrow your friend's jeep! Joe I still have your seat button sitting in my jeep btw.

Bwahahaha... Well, I know you well enough that I can ask via random post... :rolf

Plus who said anything about BORROWING?? I said I was going to STEAL it... :rolf

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Cause your 2003 Mustang is a real collectors piece! :punch:

I said right in my got damn post my Cobra is camry like, 8 million made and the interior looks like fisher price.
I have 3 cars that work in the snow and no reason to drive my Cobra, like I said its been snug as a bug in a rug for a month now. :shades

Pork weren't you starting a car hauling business ? Maybe you could help these cats out, surely you are still sitting on that old pick-up truck. :goof

DR.FORD
12-02-2008, 05:03 PM
I've got a 44ft enclosed trailer hooked to my F-Super Duty and a rollback. Call my shop at 414-483-8850 and give me details on when and how far and I will give you a price. By the way, I am insured being a restoration facility.
Jim Plimpton
www.authenticauto.com

Voodoo Chick
12-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I've got a 44ft enclosed trailer hooked to my F-Super Duty and a rollback. Call my shop at 414-483-8850 and give me details on when and how far and I will give you a price. By the way, I am insured being a restoration facility.
Jim Plimpton
www.authenticauto.com (http://www.authenticauto.com)

What type of restorations do you specialize in?

Voodoo Chick
12-02-2008, 05:09 PM
^Just looked at your link, I have a few questions about a resto I am planning......

stealthy1ss
12-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Found out at 4pm tonight that it was done and I had to get it out so I just drove it. Thanks for the offers anyways.

pOrk
12-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I said right in my got damn post my Cobra is camry like, 8 million made and the interior looks like fisher price.
I have 3 cars that work in the snow and no reason to drive my Cobra, like I said its been snug as a bug in a rug for a month now. :shades

Pork weren't you starting a car hauling business ? Maybe you could help these cats out, surely you are still sitting on that old pick-up truck. :goof

Sold both my trailers for a profit and sold my truck last month :) Thanks for your concern though, I decided to buy a house.

stealthy1ss
12-02-2008, 06:58 PM
FWD=Sno-Goer.

I would like to see you drive my car for a whole winter and not end up in the ditch. The reason why I really wanted it to be towed is because it was just painted.

That_Guy
12-02-2008, 07:00 PM
I would like to see you drive my car for a whole winter and not end up in the ditch. The reason why I really wanted it to be towed is because it was just painted.
true.. but i do it every winter and im as low as you.. btw ill probly be needing a new bumper by spring:rolf

stealthy1ss
12-02-2008, 07:02 PM
true.. but i do it every winter and im as low as you.. btw ill probly be needing a new bumper by spring:rolf

Your car and my car are totally different creatures Nate.

DR.FORD
12-02-2008, 11:05 PM
What type of restorations do you specialize in?

We specialize in musclecars from the 1960s to present and 30s to 50s customs. Being in business 20 plus years, we have done just about everything, including an 11 second Caravan turbo conversion that was all custom built by us. We have done multiple magazine cars, etc. Look at our photo gallery on our website for just a small example www.authenticauto.com
Thanks, JP