PDA

View Full Version : Dnr can blow me

That_Guy
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
i just got back from my 10 day hunting trip. the wolf population is up and the whitetail is down.. as well as the elk population... who ever the guy is who decided to put timber wolves back into the wild again should be shot. specially the guy who thought it was a good idea to let them loose 50 miles away from where the reintroduced the elk population. the farmer down the road was trying to figure out why he wasn't having any calf it was because the wolves where eating them all. you cant hunt them you cant protect your heard, one wolves eats 2 deer a month. DAMMMIT... on top of it all they are back on the ******* endangered species list. thus its a federal crime to kill one. congrats department of natural resources earn a buck should be called "hic " helping insurance companies and heard controll should be called "gltad" good luck there aint deer" ******* morons.

i saw 3 does and passed on 2 of them.. but its a lost cause because the wolves will probly get them... i saw more wolves them deer. ugh

:rolleyes:

07ROUSHSTG3
12-01-2008, 12:32 PM
shoot the wolves in the guts. it won't be long and the whole wolf thing will backfire. as soon as the first little girl gets eaten at a campground by a wolf the dnr will become anti-wolf. bound to happen. funny part is, the wolves are everywhere now, it will become a problem for the entire state, not just the northwoods.

That_Guy
12-01-2008, 01:03 PM
shoot the wolves in the guts. it won't be long and the whole wolf thing will backfire. as soon as the first little girl gets eaten at a campground by a wolf the dnr will become anti-wolf. bound to happen. funny part is, the wolves are everywhere now, it will become a problem for the entire state, not just the northwoods.

at every bar we have been to they have been saying gut shot the wolves... the farmer down the road from are land had the dnr trap and kill 9 wolves and then was payed by the dnr for all the damages done to his heard. this was before they where put back on the list.

Cryptic
12-01-2008, 01:51 PM
It's coming right for us! Shoot'em Ned! :cool:
http://www.docjelly.com/Blog/content/binary/Southpark_ep103_1.jpg

That_Guy
12-01-2008, 09:32 PM
They're comin right for us!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2436_3BRlA

Anakonda69
12-02-2008, 03:59 PM
from what i've heard deer were scarce across the state. noone in my party got one. buddy all the way up in bayfield got nothing. none of the locals in mauston even had many deer. and by the way did anyone know that a non-orange hat is a fine? even if the rest of you is orange your hat has to be? never knew this one.

Silver03SRT
12-02-2008, 04:42 PM
from what i've heard deer were scarce across the state. noone in my party got one. buddy all the way up in bayfield got nothing. none of the locals in mauston even had many deer. and by the way did anyone know that a non-orange hat is a fine? even if the rest of you is orange your hat has to be? never knew this one.

You do not have to wear a hat BUT if you do ATLEAST 50% has to be orange. You dont even have to have all orange on 50% of your upper body has to be orange. I hunt private land usually so I am not worried about getting shot.

Russ Jerome
12-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Have you ever seen a wolf take down a healthy deer?

Old, weak and fawns are there targets. Im not a wolf
fan but me and my mom watched a deer "SMOKE" a
couple wolfs across a field and thru some woods in N
Minnesota. Watch discovery chanel, its surprising those
wolfs even make it thru a year with all the animals
they cant catch.

That being said I feel sorry for any wolf who shows up
near my woods........

Voodoo Chick
12-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Sh*t like this happens every time people try to interfere with the natural world. They "protect" one species, "re-introduce" a species, etc, etc, and before you know it, there's a mess. Look what happened with those Japanese biting-beetles, they ate all the real ladybugs, and now all we have are these aggressive ,mean-a** pseudo-ladybugs. Now this sh*t with the wolves/deer.......Won't they ever learn???

DirtyMax
12-02-2008, 08:10 PM
There have been several wolf sightings near our place since 03-04 ish. I see evidence of them being around too (poop bigger than coyote crap) and ironically enough, the deer #'s keep dropping near us as well. Coincidence???

I saw the warden out on the lake one day and when he came over to check our boat, licenses, etc., I mentioned that I'd seen a wolf in our field the other morning and he said he'd been hearing alot of that lately near us.

That_Guy
12-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Have you ever seen a wolf take down a healthy deer?

Old, weak and fawns are there targets. Im not a wolf
fan but me and my mom watched a deer "SMOKE" a
couple wolfs across a field and thru some woods in N
Minnesota. Watch discovery chanel, its surprising those
wolfs even make it thru a year with all the animals
they cant catch.

That being said I feel sorry for any wolf who shows up
near my woods........

true but if they keep killing off all the fawns then it makes i hard to keep up the whitetail population

roger that on the second half

That_Guy
12-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Sh*t like this happens every time people try to interfere with the natural world. They "protect" one species, "re-introduce" a species, etc, etc, and before you know it, there's a mess. Look what happened with those Japanese biting-beetles, they ate all the real ladybugs, and now all we have are these aggressive ,mean-a** pseudo-ladybugs. Now this sh*t with the wolves/deer.......Won't they ever learn???

all its going to take is some little girl getting eaten at a campground

07ROUSHSTG3
12-02-2008, 08:23 PM

is there an echo in here??? LOL.

in all honesty, that is what will have to happen. sad to say, but someone will have to get hurt or killed for the dnr to care.

That_Guy
12-02-2008, 09:04 PM
is there an echo in here??? LOL.

in all honesty, that is what will have to happen. sad to say, but someone will have to get hurt or killed for the dnr to care.

:rolfECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO.......

Silver03SRT
12-02-2008, 09:42 PM
there has never been a fatal wolf attack on a human.

Russ Jerome
12-02-2008, 09:47 PM

Im no wolf and I swear she said she was over 18!

Voodoo Chick
12-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Im no wolf and I swear she said she was over 18!

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:thumbsup

That_Guy
12-03-2008, 07:46 AM
im no wolf and i swear she said she was over 18!

hahahahahaha

Taetsch Z-24
12-03-2008, 08:14 AM
there has never been a fatal wolf attack on a human.

And that makes it ok?

Some one has to Die for us to remember why we killed them all off 100 years ago?

Up in Hurley,we cleared a 40, next day we came back with smaller saws to clean up, there were 4 good sized doe's dead all around the 40, all with parts of there hing quarters chewed off...(not all)

at least the wolf's know where the good meet is, but that to me makes them look like a cat, kill to kill, not kill to eat.

Yes, this is a reason my .30 carbine is with me up north.

Smokey1226
12-03-2008, 09:41 AM
2 words....GUT SHOT

Prince Valiant
12-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Deer are probably scarce this year due to last year's excessively long hard winter (both in terms of temps and snowfall totals). The 500-600 or so wolves in wisconsin (and most of those concentrated either in the north, or slightly west central wisconsin) probably are NOT the reason hunt totals throughout the state are down this year.

Anakonda69
12-03-2008, 10:52 AM
crazier things have happened besides a wolf attacking a human. lol

Taetsch Z-24
12-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Good thing that south eastern WI got all the snow then huh?

MurphysLaw88GT
12-03-2008, 09:38 PM
And that makes it ok?

Some one has to Die for us to remember why we killed them all off 100 years ago?

Up in Hurley,we cleared a 40, next day we came back with smaller saws to clean up, there were 4 good sized doe's dead all around the 40, all with parts of there hing quarters chewed off...(not all)

at least the wolf's know where the good meet is, but that to me makes them look like a cat, kill to kill, not kill to eat.

Yes, this is a reason my .30 carbine is with me up north.

They are killing and eating the deer just like you are. A wolf is designed to do this.
The wolf chased it down and killed it, you shoot the deer and kill it. end result the same. The wolf and you do it to fill your bellies and as a good leisure activity. It is not like you not getting one will make you go hungry

brewcity_mach1
12-03-2008, 09:42 PM
i saw a wolf bow hunting two weeks before gun season. dont forget about the bear at all either. ive heard they take up to 20% of fawns a year or more.

73Dustr
12-03-2008, 11:05 PM
i saw a wolf bow hunting two weeks before gun season. dont forget about the bear at all either. ive heard they take up to 20% of fawns a year or more.

Don't forget that coyotes will go after fawns too.

I don't think it's the wolves that are the sole problem. Don't get me wrong, they do damage on local deer populations, but the entire state is down over 20%. Hell, I didn't see one deer and I hunted everyday of the season. I have never seen a season this bad. I think the harsh winter last year was part of the reason. I also think the DNR Is underestimating the deer population. With the liberal EAB and high numbers of anterless bonus tags, I think the deer population has been reduced more than what the DNR thinks, just like how they underestimated the black bear population.

Taetsch Z-24
12-04-2008, 06:51 AM
They are killing and eating the deer just like you are. A wolf is designed to do this.
The wolf chased it down and killed it, you shoot the deer and kill it. end result the same. The wolf and you do it to fill your bellies and as a good leisure activity. It is not like you not getting one will make you go hungry

Good thing we are higher on the food chain then?

That_Guy
12-04-2008, 07:45 AM

I don't think it's the wolves that are the sole problem. Don't get me wrong, they do damage on local deer populations, but the entire state is down over 20%. Hell, I didn't see one deer and I hunted everyday of the season. I have never seen a season this bad. I think the harsh winter last year was part of the reason. I also think the DNR Is underestimating the deer population. With the liberal EAB and high numbers of anterless bonus tags, I think the deer population has been reduced more than what the DNR thinks, just like how they underestimated the black bear population.

i believe that the mo behind that is to please insurance companies by decimating the whitetail population. wisconsins dnr is ran so poorly.. the only thing that they have managed to do in the last 30 years is bring back the wild turkey population thats about it.

brewcity_mach1
12-04-2008, 09:04 AM

true that