PDA

View Full Version : I hate flying!

70challenger
11-30-2008, 03:15 PM
so i went down to visit my moms side of the family in arizona so we got everything squared away well before hand for flying down there. so last night we showed up at the airport early checked in, went through security, and found our terminal. well we had 45 min. to waste so my brother and dad got something to eat and i went to the bar and had a drink. so we al meet up there about 10 min before boarding and they inform us the plane is full. so after we booked tickets months in advance, we cant get a seat!?! we ended waiting for a flight to charlotte for 4 HOURS!!! in the terminal and nothing was open in the airport so we were stuck. so midnight rolls around and we were the first ones in line but still barely made it on and they ended up denying about 20-30 people to fly because again, they were way overbooked. so we flew 4 hours to charlotte, waited there another two and a half hours, and the back to mitchell on another 2 hour flight. so instead of getting home at about 12:30 am, we got home at 11:30 am.

so the lesson is always be first to board cause every flight i was on was overbooked.

(sorry for the novel)

Goat Roper
11-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Didn't you get your boarding passes when you checked in? Or was this one of those airlines where you don't get seat assignments, you just make a run for it?

70challenger
11-30-2008, 04:29 PM
i registered online and printed them at the check in counter. that wasnt the issue, they overbooked and wouldnt let us on. us airways=:flipoff2:

PureSound15
11-30-2008, 05:31 PM
I travel quite a bit for work and that's happened to me more than a handful of times. Call and complain - You'll get a voucher or 2 for free flights

Goat Roper
11-30-2008, 05:56 PM
i registered online and printed them at the check in counter. that wasnt the issue, they overbooked and wouldnt let us on. us airways=:flipoff2:

They must have REALLY overbooked that flight. I used to fly 100,000 miles a year and I can say that that usually only happened when people were cascading through from other flights that were cancelled. Flying over Thanksgiving though has about as much appeal to me as lemon juice in a paper cut though.

Like Pure said, call up and complain and get your vouchers....just don't use them on Thanksgiving :thumbsup

70challenger
11-30-2008, 07:22 PM
They must have REALLY overbooked that flight. I used to fly 100,000 miles a year and I can say that that usually only happened when people were cascading through from other flights that were cancelled. Flying over Thanksgiving though has about as much appeal to me as lemon juice in a paper cut though.

Like Pure said, call up and complain and get your vouchers....just don't use them on Thanksgiving :thumbsup

yeah i was thinking of that cause i wouldnt mind another vacation. it just amazed me that two out of the four flights were way overbooked especially the on from phenoix to charlotte by atleast 20 people.

MurphysLaw88GT
11-30-2008, 08:53 PM
never underestimate the ability of people to eff up anything involving your money,a schedule, a plane and a ticket.

now just add shitty weather!

Voodoo Chick
11-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Planes scare me. Never been on one, don't want to get on one anytime soon.........

srt4eh
12-01-2008, 12:38 AM
sounds like when we tried to fly from Kabul International Airport to Bagram....fuck KBR, Blackwater, and any other pilots in Afghanistan...lol

fly5150
12-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Welcome to my weekly life.

Karps TA
12-01-2008, 09:19 AM
I don't know how people who have to travel for a living don't just snap. Between the govt and the Airlines they've made air travel just completely miserable. I fly maybe a half dozen times a year and each time I come back thinking I never want to do that again.

Silver350
12-01-2008, 10:25 AM
I know everytime I fly there is always some thing to piss me off enough that if someone says the wrong thing to me they might get an ear full

Prince Valiant
12-01-2008, 10:40 AM
meh...I anticipate problems and hope to get bumped. I actually plan extra time for flight delays/cancellations/possible bumping...especially in the winter where weather will wreck havoc on flights.

CobraSnake
12-01-2008, 10:44 AM
meh...I anticipate problems and hope to get bumped. I actually plan extra time for flight delays/cancellations/possible bumping...especially in the winter where weather will wreck havoc on flights.
I can understand weather delays but over booking a flight by that much?? If it is nice out you still need to plan ahead for delays and what not. Which you shouldn't have to do if the airlines weren't a bunch of dumbasses.

Mark

brotherbenn83
12-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Last year I was supposed to fly out to see my family for X-mas at 4pm on Friday, I didn't end up leaving until 10:30am Sunday. I spent 4 hours sitting on my ass Friday before my flight got canceled, and then I sat there on Saturday for 9 hours until my flight FINALLY got canceled after being pushed back 7 or 8 times.

Phuck winter!