PDA

View Full Version : The economy sucks, I need a 2nd job.

brotherbenn83
11-29-2008, 05:56 PM
So things have been pretty slow and crappy lately, and I NEED to start making some more $$$. I am not afraid of doing hard work. I am a Chevy technician by trade, and have been at the same dealer for 7 1/2 years. I have done some woodworking and general labor stuff in the past; i.e. house wiring, drywall repair, painting etc.

Anyways, I am looking to work 20-40 hours per week nights and or weekends. I am hoping to make at least $10/hour. I am open to any kind of work, but would prefer to not be outdoors. If you guys know of anything, please let me know. My lack of money is really phuckin my life up right now.:chair::chair:

I am located on the southwest side of Milwaukee, and would like to work around here...but I will travel for the right $$$$.

88Nightmare
11-29-2008, 06:02 PM
what dealer do you work at?

brotherbenn83
11-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Holz

88Nightmare
11-29-2008, 06:04 PM
they are slow over there? I bought my trailblazer ss from them.... I think 3 weekends ago now.... each time I was in there, the sales staff seemed busy. You would think if the sales area is busy, there are vehicles that would need to be worked on too

brotherbenn83
11-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Never busy enough, some weeks are good, some aren't. Sometimes I spend 3+ hours a day sitting around with nothing to do, and no work= no money.

The sales area may have SEEMED busy, but when I started working there we used to sell 4,000+ cars per year! Sometimes we sell 1 or 2 a day now, I guess I should've listened to the old timers that said don't get into this business, but I really enjoy doing it more than anything.

lordairgtar
11-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Chevy is just building them too good.

Car Guy
11-29-2008, 06:12 PM
*No comment on above statement* :rolf

brotherbenn83
11-29-2008, 06:12 PM
I just think people can't afford to fix them when they are broken anymore. They'd rather buy someone an Ipod for X-mas than fix their car/truck.

Korndogg
11-29-2008, 06:23 PM
*No comment on above statement* :rolf

cause ford is much better :rolleyes: :goof

-stew-
11-29-2008, 06:55 PM

cause ford is much better :rolleyes: :goof

They are all junk, they just have different emblems on the grille.

I did a short stint at a dealership. Worked there juust long enough to realize it was a mistake. The final straw was one Saturday I was there (for free mind you), no cars on the schedule, no left over work from the week. The only job to come into the dealership was pads and rotors on a Neon. And it went to the apprentice who was paid hourly. It's a shitty feeling to not earn enough money at work to cover the (very short) drive to work. I was back at my old job within a week.

Korndogg
11-29-2008, 06:58 PM
They are all junk, they just have different emblems on the grille.

yeah thats what i was sort of implying :goof

Holeshot
11-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Actually the worse the economy the better it is for automotive aftermarket parts. My NAPA is doing extremely well. While the new car market and the dealers are in the shitter we are seeing business pick up 10 fold . People are hanging on to their cars.

Rocket Power
11-29-2008, 07:15 PM
cause ford is much better
Quoted for truth:rolf

Korndogg
11-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Quoted for truth:rolf

haha cmon now. :rolf

damnit

88Nightmare
11-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Never busy enough, some weeks are good, some aren't. Sometimes I spend 3+ hours a day sitting around with nothing to do, and no work= no money.

The sales area may have SEEMED busy, but when I started working there we used to sell 4,000+ cars per year! Sometimes we sell 1 or 2 a day now, I guess I should've listened to the old timers that said don't get into this business, but I really enjoy doing it more than anything.

4,000 per year? :wooo

thats a shame the way the economy is now.

Voodoo Chick
11-29-2008, 09:40 PM
The economy sucks so bad right now, it's actually beyond scary.

brotherbenn83
12-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Back on topic, anyone got any work for me?

Reverend Cooper
12-03-2008, 11:13 PM
My brother Brian used to work at Holz. the politics there are bullshit,if you have no seniority you sit around and do shit,If you do you get the gravy work he ******* hated that place. Is dave still there the guy with the vette? also make sure you tell Gary schwind that Coop says he is a ***.

Al
12-03-2008, 11:25 PM

If you want to make some real $, learn to work on Audis!

brotherbenn83
12-03-2008, 11:26 PM
My brother Brian used to work at Holz. the politics there are bullshit,if you have no seniority you sit around and do shit,If you do you get the gravy work he ******* hated that place. Is dave still there the guy with the vette? also make sure you tell Gary schwind that Coop says he is a ***.

Brian Cooper is your brother? Yes Dave still works there, and as for your opinion of G.S. I plead the 5th.

Reverend Cooper
12-03-2008, 11:27 PM
yes he is. dave is cool,schwin is a dork.

brotherbenn83
12-03-2008, 11:29 PM
If only Brian would have taken out our #1 hack when he got fired...that place would be SOOOO MUCH better. He really tried.

Reverend Cooper
12-03-2008, 11:35 PM
yup I know,the hack is a p.o.s. but guess what Brian is happier now. after a stint at house of harley he is now up north working with my dad at his shop working on cars and bikes and is quite happy. so things work out for a reason. like I said its all politics

brotherbenn83
12-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah, it's not what you know, it's who your friends are.

Reverend Cooper
12-03-2008, 11:42 PM
I can't remember the service manager I think it was bill or something that guy was a piece of work. he tried to get me to work there at one point,my brother told me no way.Thank god i listened im going on 15 years where im at

brotherbenn83
12-03-2008, 11:46 PM
We had a cool service manager, his name was Dan. He left to go run Boucher Chevy's service dept. One time Brian made him ride bitch on his Harley, it was pretty phuckin hilarious. Dan asked him to pick him up from the body shop, not knowing Brian was gunna use his bike. So he took him on a parade lap in front of the showroom. Our service director then and now is Bill, that's who you are talking about.

brotherbenn83
01-18-2009, 07:32 PM
bump cuz I still need a 2nd job, if for nothing else than to GET ME OUTTA THE HOUSE more hours/days every week.

Al
01-18-2009, 09:31 PM

Would you ever consider working on Audis? If yes, go check out International Autos.

The unique thing about German cars is that they tend to be owned for short periods of time by the first owner, who then replaces it before the first major service. Now that our economy has slowed, these same people are holding on to these cars for a few extra years. This means they will be servicing their cars for scheduled maintainance when the usual second-owner used to rarely do this.

Seriously, go check out IA North Shore and the IA by Oscars on HWY100.

Voodoo Chick
01-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Hell....I just need a job....

brotherbenn83
01-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Would you ever consider working on Audis? If yes, go check out International Autos.

The unique thing about German cars is that they tend to be owned for short periods of time by the first owner, who then replaces it before the first major service. Now that our economy has slowed, these same people are holding on to these cars for a few extra years. This means they will be servicing their cars for scheduled maintainance when the usual second-owner used to rarely do this.

Seriously, go check out IA North Shore and the IA by Oscars on HWY100.

I got a little bit of time invested at my current dealer (nearly 8 years) so I don't really want to start over doing the same stuff. At this point I'm just looking for a 2nd job so I can work some night and weekend hours and make some extra cash.

DirtyMax
01-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Tend bar or work a door somewhere.