PDA

View Full Version : Radio needs

lordairgtar
11-29-2008, 10:57 AM
I had a nice Sharp portable stereo on my dresser that i listen to when I'm in my room doing stuff. The other day it tarted to make a crackly static noise whether it was on a radio band or CD or Tape or Audio/Visual. I went looking for a new one and i can't find any I like. They all look like some alien pod creature. I am of the opinion that these items should be square or rectangular in shape and not ovoid or round with the speakers looking like some insectoid eyes. The ones I found that even closely looked like I wanted were some off brand cheap looking things that had no quality feel to it in the button operation. Bleaach!:flipoff2: Me thinks I am going to try and find a used Receiver and use some speakers I have laying around here. I just won't be able to play CDs.

-stew-
11-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Start trolling craigslist. I sold my Prelude in an hour on CL. I bought my aquarium, a dresser, a 5.0l SN95 alternator for my car and a bunch of other sit on there. If you need it, it's on CL.

Windsors 03 Cobra
11-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I gave about $125 out the door for this item at the Sony outlet store on I94 and the WI/IL border and have found it to be mostly great.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RhmCpi-LL._SS500_.jpg

-stew-
11-29-2008, 02:35 PM
^^^ That Sony looks nice. I have the older model of this in the kitchen:

http://www.ciao.com/Pioneer_NS_5_Mini_system__10022067

I think I paid $150-$200 for it at Sams Club in 2000.

subliminal1284
11-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Goodwill for the win

lordairgtar
11-29-2008, 06:03 PM
I stopped by Goodwill today and they had nothing. A lot of old VHS players and little kids running everywhere kicking stuff around. I found a rummage sale on Craigslist that was in Waterford. They had the older version of my portable stereo and only wanted 20 bucks. Please the lady sold a crapload of those ceramic and resin cast angels the GF collects. We got a huge box full of stuff for 27 bucks total, stereo included. Even the remote control from my dead one works on it. yay!!!!