PDA

View Full Version : Summa Bitch

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
11-27-2008, 05:52 AM
I just got the red ring. Oh am I so pissed, 4 day weekend and i'm bored off my ass. :fire:fire

Nic, this is your fault for telling me it was going to happen. :flipoff2:

Beagle
11-27-2008, 06:39 AM
Man that sucks Ben. I told you mine did the same things when I got the RROD. That sucks man. What you going to do about it?

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
11-27-2008, 07:21 AM
I already called support and waiting on the email with the shipping label.

I'm continplating buy a used one or the arcade one and swapping the harddrives

Poncho
11-27-2008, 07:22 AM
there is always Warcraft.

Beagle
11-27-2008, 07:30 AM
I already called support and waiting on the email with the shipping label.

I'm continplating buy a used one or the arcade one and swapping the harddrives

If it was me i would buy another one so you can play while the other one is getting repaired and then just sell one of them when you get the other one back. They are only 200 new. :thumbsup

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
11-27-2008, 07:37 AM
there is always Warcraft.

Sorry Dan, never got into that game

Reverend Cooper
11-27-2008, 08:50 AM
man that sucks,mine is working i will be playing till it starts on fire

moels
11-27-2008, 08:53 AM
When mine got the rrod, bought an Arcade system and put my hard drive on it. Tried to fix the other one, but that has not worked yet.

Waver
11-27-2008, 10:04 AM
they still have that problem? makes me almost want to spend the money and get a ps3, or actually start playing the wii that I got last thanksgiving

Crawlin
11-27-2008, 10:29 AM
i think ben's was an older one that just FINALLY gave up the ghost. not like a brand new purchase that had it happen.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
11-27-2008, 10:43 AM
i think ben's was an older one that just FINALLY gave up the ghost. not like a brand new purchase that had it happen.

I've only had mine for a year. I think it was right before they got the problem fixed.

Deggy
11-27-2008, 11:07 AM
That sucks dude!

lilws6
11-27-2008, 11:27 AM
I got the 3 red lights not to long ago i just took the hard drive off and beat it on the ground for a bit and its been fine ever since. if mines goes out again i'll just buy a new one. But i think mines a newer one.

moels
11-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Well, even though I took my rrod unit apart I am going to send it in and take my chances. Maybe they are so busy they will just send me another unit or somethng. lol

I bought it last Christmas and it died a month ago. We'll see what happens I guess.

moels
12-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Just received my xbox360 back from Microsoft. Turnaround time of about 2 weeks and they just sent me a new unit to replace my old one. Nice apology letter and 1 month of free xboxlive. Pretty nice considering I took my old unit apart and tried fixing it myself which voided the warranty. Now I have 2 360's, due to buying an arcade unit incase this one didn't get fixed.

Beagle
12-18-2008, 06:57 PM
^^^^^^^^ Thats awesome. Congrats!!!!!!

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
12-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Just received my xbox360 back from Microsoft. Turnaround time of about 2 weeks and they just sent me a new unit to replace my old one. Nice apology letter and 1 month of free xboxlive. Pretty nice considering I took my old unit apart and tried fixing it myself which voided the warranty. Now I have 2 360's, due to buying an arcade unit incase this one didn't get fixed.

Just got mine back yesterday. Same deal as your Wayne.

moels
12-18-2008, 08:43 PM
They must get so many that they just send you a new one with no questions. I didn't expect it, but I appreciate that they did it. Now, do I keep it and let the boys have 2 units or do I sell it? lol

PureSound15
12-19-2008, 07:11 AM
If you're going to sell it let me know - my brother lives in Texas and I'd love to get him on Live with us.

Waver
12-19-2008, 07:27 AM
I would be interested in it as well wayne

That_Guy
12-19-2008, 07:44 AM
if you had a ps3 this wouldnt be an issue

lilws6
12-19-2008, 08:21 AM
if we all had a ps3 we wouldn't be able to play all the cools games we like to play for xbox now would we? :goof

That_Guy
12-19-2008, 09:06 AM
if we all had a ps3 we wouldn't be able to play all the cools games we like to play for xbox now would we? :goof
true... ish... i have both systems i find myself playing the ps3 more than my xbox lately.. but i love halo..:rolf

95 TA - The Beast
12-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, mine RROD'd last winter, took it apart and used screws with washers, but put too much pressure (not enough height on the washers) on the chips and things got bent the opposite of what the x-clamps do, so that lasted like 8-9 months and then got the RROD again, took it apart and put back on the xclamps with less pressure, lasted like 2-3 more months and then RROD again...

So, I guess I'll get some slightly thinner washers to add to the ones I already have and try the 'fix' once more... I'll probably look to pick up a newer one with HDMI, as the one I am fixing is one of the first ones from when they were released... I doubt they would replace it if I sent it in, or should I give it a shot?

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
12-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Yeah, mine RROD'd last winter, took it apart and used screws with washers, but put too much pressure (not enough height on the washers) on the chips and things got bent the opposite of what the x-clamps do, so that lasted like 8-9 months and then got the RROD again, took it apart and put back on the xclamps with less pressure, lasted like 2-3 more months and then RROD again...

So, I guess I'll get some slightly thinner washers to add to the ones I already have and try the 'fix' once more... I'll probably look to pick up a newer one with HDMI, as the one I am fixing is one of the first ones from when they were released... I doubt they would replace it if I sent it in, or should I give it a shot?

Just put it back to original and give it a shot. They are reparing/replacing all units that get the RROD

moels
12-19-2008, 07:29 PM

Mine was tampered with and I sent it in. I don't even think they look at it, they just boxed up a new one and sent it to me.

Also, you guys who are interested in buying it, pm me an offer. I really don't think we need 2 units. I will take it out of the box and test it before turning it over just to make sure they didn't send me a junk unit. lol

GTSLOW
12-20-2008, 12:06 AM
^^ They probably aren't even checking them anymore. Just throwing them into a big burning fire and send you a new one.

Waver
12-20-2008, 06:51 AM
Mine was tampered with and I sent it in. I don't even think they look at it, they just boxed up a new one and sent it to me.

Also, you guys who are interested in buying it, pm me an offer. I really don't think we need 2 units. I will take it out of the box and test it before turning it over just to make sure they didn't send me a junk unit. lol
Which one is it that you are getting rid of, the one that x box sent you or the sports pack one?

moels
12-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Which one is it that you are getting rid of, the one that x box sent you or the sports pack one?

I would most likely sell the Arcade version I bought as a replacement. It would come with a controller and all wiring, but it does not come with a hard drive. That's how it comes from the store for $199. If interested, just pm me a decent offer and we'll see. I may keep it as a backup if I don't get a decent offer.

lilws6
12-25-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm almost interested but i have other purchases to make min egets sent out next week i hope. I hate microsoft so much right now i get COD for christmas and i can't play it :(

moels
12-25-2008, 11:51 AM
^^ I am just about to get online and play COD, not to rub it in or anything......lol