PDA

View Full Version : Week 13-pick 'em! THREE(!!!) THURS GAMES!

Prince Valiant
11-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Last weeks results were fairly sporadic...not the easiest weeks to call, by any means. Last weeks winner (Brian) was defacto LAST! (karma for 'newb'-ing me in the last weeks thread :goof )...although Boss, who only picked thursdays game technically did worse. Bees was the only one to improve his total on Monday as he was the only to pick AGAINST GB (which I honestly wanted to do :mad: ). I thought I'd be the clear winner, but alas, Hamrhead ties me:

me-13
Hamrhead-13
97z28-11
bees-11
Dirty-9
josepy-9
anakonda-9
Holeshot-8
Cruisin'-8
Lit-8
Brian-7
Boss-0

This weeks games feature three thursday games for thanksgiving...the games. Please copy and paste:

Thu, Nov 27
TEN @ DET
SEA @ DAL
ARI @ PHI

Sun, Nov 30
SF @ BUF
BAL @ CIN
NO @ TB
NYG @ WAS
MIA @ STL
IND @ CLE
CAR @ GB
ATL @ SD
DEN @ NYJ
PIT @ NE
KC @ OAK
CHI @ MIN

Mon, Dec 01
JAC @ HOU

My picks will be forthcoming.

97z2801ss
11-25-2008, 03:29 PM
PHI will be a tough game to pick because arizona is comming off a loss and Mr. Mcknob playing for his future in philly, what if he wants to get traded though?

Prince Valiant
11-25-2008, 04:41 PM
My picks:

Thu, Nov 27
TEN @ DET- Okay...HERE's a tempting upset pick! We'll call this one "for fun". Why am I so crazy? Here's why: 1) Detroit historically plays tough on thanksgiving. 2) It's not uncommon for a vastly superior team to trip up on the road after a disappointing home loss...especially after significant runs. Is THIS situation common? No...when do you ever have a previously undefeated team hitting the road against a winless team after there first loss...which by the way, occured at home? It's never happened as far as I can recall.
SEA @ DAL- DAL is starting to get back into the groove. Not the NFC best team, but good enough to soundly beat SEA. Another historically good team on turkey day too.
ARI @ PHI- As 97z28 says...this is a tough call. PHI seems to be disintigrating with little to play for. ARI has shown the ability to put points up on the board, even against strong teams. I say McNabb is too distracted in the short week to be effective. ARI played better than I expected against NYG, even though the game wasn't as close as the score suggested.

Sun, Nov 30
SF @ BUF- As bad as I expected them to be, SF continues to amaze with their underproduction.
BAL @ CIN- BAL isn't the BAL of old...defense only. These guys can put up points too! BAL may be a dark horse come playoff time.
NO @ TB- TB is a little too inconsistent to pick here. NO should be reenergized after putting up 51 against the pack, brimming with cofidence that they can steal this game on the road.
NYG @ WAS-NYG has solidly shown they are THE team to beat in the NFC.
MIA @ STL- For a couple weeks, STL wasn't all that horrid...what's happened?
IND @ CLE- Is this the week for road teams or what? Romeo will at least an excuse to lose this week...IND is simply a better team.
CAR @ GB- :mad: WHY? Well, the pack lost the last game I was at...and they don't lose TWO games that I've attended...ever. Actually, the pack play particularly well after ugly losses...young teams feel snake-bitten and actually work a bit harder, and with a little anger during practice.
ATL @ SD- ATL is still looking to get to the play-offs. SD still has Norv Turner.
DEN @ NYJ- It'd be fair to say that NYJ is the best team in the NFL right now...hopefully. Don't we get a first round pick if they win the superbowl?
PIT @ NE- HERE's a tough call. NE, it can be argued, might be the second best team in the AFC...But PIT isn't terrible either. Advantage: Home team.
KC @ OAK I hate rivalry games...just look at OAK's win, on the road against DEN. I think they carry a little momentum into this week's home game. Though, if OAK's has 7 or more spread against KC, I'd take KC against the spread.
CHI @ MIN-I think MIN is just barely better than CHI right now. Given that they are at home, it should be a 1 TD victory for them.

Mon, Dec 01
JAC @ HOU- This isn't an easy call either...I say JAC is still more talented and have been underperforming. They come out pumped on national TV and get a win.

DirtyMax
11-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Thu, Nov 27
TEN @ DET
SEA @ DAL
ARI @ PHI

Sun, Nov 30
SF @ BUF
BAL @ CIN
NO @ TB
NYG @ WAS
MIA @ STL
IND @ CLE
CAR @ GB
ATL @ SD
DEN @ NYJ
PIT @ NE
KC @ OAK
CHI @ MIN

Mon, Dec 01
JAC @ HOU

Brian98GTP
11-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Wow... thanks to Boss for bailing me out there! Hopefully I'm not battling for last place again this week!

Thu, Nov 27
TEN @ DET
SEA @ DAL
ARI @ PHI

Sun, Nov 30
SF @ BUF
BAL @ CIN
NO @ TB Tampa will study the game films hard, and their defense will put an end to Brees' hot streak.
NYG @ WAS
MIA @ STL
IND @ CLE
CAR @ GB
ATL @ SD
DEN @ NYJ
PIT @ NE
KC!!!!!! @ OAK
CHI @ MIN

Mon, Dec 01
JAC @ HOU

BeesTwinEG
11-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Thu, Nov 27
TEN @ DET - TEN. They have to redeem their self for playin like shit against the JETS
SEA @ DAL - DAL.
ARI @ PHI - Philly just because its home game.

Sun, Nov 30
SF @ BUF - BUF
BAL @ CIN - oh most def. BAL.
NO @ TB - NO. could brees make 300+yds without an interception? bush is coming back.
NYG @ WAS - New York
MIA @ STL - Im gonna go for Rams i feel lucky :goof
IND @ CLE - Indiana
CAR @ GB - Car. im not a pack fan
ATL @ SD - SD
DEN @ NYJ - New york.
PIT @ NE - good game. still go for NE. Cassel just might get 400yds again.
KC @ OAK - KC
CHI @ MIN - One of the best game to watch. why? Running team VS Rush Defense team. I will go for A.Peterson just because he is the best running back after Barry S. :)

Mon, Dec 01
JAC @ HOU - Jac. This maybe an upset game............

HAMRHEAD
11-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Thu, Nov 27
TEN @ DET
SEA @ DAL
ARI @ PHI

Sun, Nov 30
SF @ BUF
BAL @ CIN
NO @ TB
NYG @ WAS
MIA @ STL