PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a great auto refinance source?

SlowMotion
11-23-2008, 08:52 AM
I am looking into possibly refinancing my car, to drop the terribly high interest rate currently on it. I have already looked into capital one and was approved for 6.95%, but was curious if anyone had another option with something possibly lower...thanks in advance.

Windsors 03 Cobra
11-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Try a credit union.

lordairgtar
11-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Did you finance through your bank? Try going through them to see if they can lower your rate.

03CVLX
11-23-2008, 09:30 AM
I got 7.49 thru Educators Credit union Refinancing my 2003 Crown Vic 6 months ago. If your car is newer than that they can usually do a little better though. Might be worth looking into.

SlowMotion
11-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Capital one offered 6.95% and I just found one called up2drive.com that offers a .50% reduction if using autopay from you bank account, so I am banking on that one. The original loan for the car purchase was through Fifth Third Bank in Cin, OH.

Thanks for the input guys, I will see what I can come up with...:)

GRAMPS SS
11-23-2008, 09:50 AM
don't go with them till you research them out first..they may just get your bank info and clean you out...as others have said...try a credit union or try the bank where you got the first loan through....i wouldn't trust some of the Internet games without first doing some back ground on them...just looking out for ya....alot of scams lately out there...

SlowMotion
11-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks,
I will probably go with capital one, or a credit union, as I know of a long standing history for capital one, and credit unions, well I can walk into one and find out the info..thanks again.

Adam Brooks
11-23-2008, 10:28 AM
you have to really check around w/ different institutions. I went w/ a credit union to do a HELOC on my house (way cheaper than working w/ a broker) and was surprised by the difference between each credit unions terms and rates.

I started here: http://creditunionaccess.com/WI-Milwaukee-credit-unions.htm
and called around

T-Bag
11-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Capital one offered 6.95% and I just found one called up2drive.com that offers a .50% reduction if using autopay from you bank account, so I am banking on that one. The original loan for the car purchase was through Fifth Third Bank in Cin, OH.

Thanks for the input guys, I will see what I can come up with...:)

Hahaha, I had my original loan through Fifth Third Bank because I didn't have enough established credit. 10.9% ftl!

I refinanced through my insurance company (State Farm). Not a GREAT rate (7.9%) but a whole lot better than what I was at. You're not going to find a whole lot better than what you found because of the shape banks are in right now.

PureSound15
11-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Where do you live? I work for a credit union but you'd have to be in our field of membership.

DynoTom
11-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I have used Capital One a couple times now and I REALLY like the way they do things !

03CVLX
11-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Just a side note, Capital One usuallys quotes their interest rates as Direct withdrawal from your bank account, it used to say somewhere in the small print that the interest rate goes up .25 or .50 % if you want to write the check each month.

SlowMotion
11-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Where do you live? I work for a credit union but you'd have to be in our field of membership.

I am located in Pewaukee, 53072

And as far as the company pulling directly from my bank account, I prefer it that way, I can't stand writing out a milliion checks each month..:thumbsup

GinoRin
11-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Talk to CrawlinZ, he's an auto finance guy. If anyone on here would know, it would be him.

wrath
11-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Just a side note, Capital One usuallys quotes their interest rates as Direct withdrawal from your bank account, it used to say somewhere in the small print that the interest rate goes up .25 or .50 % if you want to write the check each month.

They're slicker than shit.

We have the G5 through them (at 5.99%). They charge you a $10 fee unless you do automatic withdrawls from your checking account. Or you can write a check for free. If you want to selectively pay your car payment (manually) it's the $10. I hate not having control of my finances so automagic payments for the lose.

They also are bastards about sending the payment slip. It comes so late that you aren't guaranteed the payment will make it unless you send it out the day you get it. So we pay a month ahead by check. Fsckers.

I have the G6 through Landmark at 6.95%. Their current rates are cheaper.