PDA

View Full Version : 2x 8800GT, GTX280 video cards, S939/AM2 motherboard

95 TA - The Beast
11-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Hey guys, I just did some upgrades and have a few computer parts for sale...

First off is a pair of eVGA 8800GT 512MB video cards:

1 - eVGA 8800GT 512MB PCIe - stock clocks with Akimbo (dual-slot) cooler. This card overclocks to 700/1000, but with the dual-slot cooler runs quite a bit cooler than the single slot cooler versions. Have not registered it with eVGA so it shoudl be eligible for the lifetime warranty. I also have the stock heatsink/fan to include with it.

1- eVGA 8800GT KO 512MB PCIe - factory overclocked to 670/975/1500 clocks. Single slot cooler, but with the heavy duty single-slot design, so it runs a bit cooler than the 'normal' single slot cooler. I have registered it with eVGA for the lifetime warranty, but would not have a problem helping the buyer with any warranty issues if I can, should anything arise.

Both cards are in excellent condition, include factory boxes, both work great and in SLI they run AWESOME... Both cards can be flashed to make them 9800GTs (they are both G92 cards), for a slight performance boost...

Asking $200 for BOTH cards. Not really looking to sell them seperately right now, as I am either selling both or keeping both depending on the other card listed here.

Now I just bought a XFX GTX280 1GB PCIe video card, but as it stands the motherboard I have has a capacitor on it that is keeping me from installing the card (the cap is at the back of the board and it won't seat), so I am forced to either a) sell the 8800GTs to buy a new board, or b) sell the GTX280... I literally bought the card mail-order less than 2 weeks ago, yet the place I bought it from won't allow returns.

I did rebuild my previous system (with the board I postes below) to run the card and it runs like a raped ape, Devil May Cry 4 with maxed out setting @ 1680x1050 is >120fps in the performance test DX10, everything, except for Crysis, runs pretty much maxed out... Like I said awesome card, just won't fit my 780a motherboard...

Since the card is new, I have not registered it with XFX yet, so it is still eligible for the double lifetime warranty. Either I sell the above 8800GTs and buy a new motherboard and keep this, or sell this and keep the 8800GTs...

I am asking $380 for the XFX GTX280, and it of course includes the box and all accessories as new.

Lastly is a unique motherboard setup. It is an ASRock 939Dual-SATA2, which is a AMD S939/DDR400 motherboard with some very unique options, as it supports not only PCIe, but also AGP (yes it can run them simultaneously), and it is not one of those 'compromise' boards that only have 60-70% performance to offer such an option, as it actually performs better than nForce3/nForce4 boards in AGP or PCIe. It also supports an AM2CPU riser board that allows you to use an AM2 CPU along with DDR2-800 ram. I ran it with a S939 3200+ processor and g.Skill DDR400, and then with a AM2 5400+ X2 with A-Data DDR2-800 ram with the riser.

It includes the mainboard as well as the riser card. Great upgrade path for those still with AGP video cards, those with s939 setups that want to go AM2 later, etc... I also have the boxes, I/O plate, manual etc...

I am asking $75 for the ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard w/AM2CPU riser.

Thanks for looking.