PDA

View Full Version : Real hardcore streetracing, no imports

Sprayaway Fox
11-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Maybe a repost but its badass! http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Stockholm-Night-2005_200978.htm

STANMAN
11-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Considering it was in Europe, most of those cars were imports:rolf Nice Nawzzzz backfire on the Maro, blowing the air cleaner right off, it sure didn't stop him from shittin and gettin:rolf

Sprayaway Fox
11-21-2008, 06:32 PM
I guess you could call some of them imports.....body wise:rolf
Damn streetcars...lol

STANMAN
11-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Well, the 454 truck, the Maro, the GTO, those were all American (those are the only one's I can remember). But what really stuck out was WHY THE HELL CAN'T WE HAVE A DODGE AVENGER LIKE THAT IN THE STATES:rolf (just the body I am talking, I doubt if it has a big block and is tubbed stock overseas:rolf)

Sprayaway Fox
11-21-2008, 08:56 PM
These guys freeking rock! heres another one. I cant blame them for running big tires when there doing stuff like this. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Stockholm-Open-2006_200981.htm

Goat Roper
11-21-2008, 09:12 PM
That Morris Minor was awesome, but racing there at the end with a curve in the road, not so bright

scaleracer
11-22-2008, 01:46 AM
A couple alright cars.. But otherwise it was dumb.. I can't stand those videos from Australia and stuff..

Sprayaway Fox
11-22-2008, 04:48 AM
A couple alright cars.. But otherwise it was dumb.. I can't stand those videos from Australia and stuff..

Yeah, since they block off Hwy 100,94, or 43 and run Blown BBC's or BBC's with Dominators and a stage headsup in milwaukee all the time. :loser:rolfSorry, but you lost your HARDCORE credentials.

BAD LS1
11-22-2008, 07:05 AM
I guess they learned its really not advisable to pedal it when your spraying hahah

juicedimpss
11-22-2008, 10:48 AM
That Morris Minor was awesome, but racing there at the end with a curve in the road, not so bright

x2
i cant imagine having a big tired car with a spool racing toward a curve like that.:chair:

scaleracer
11-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Yeah, since they block off Hwy 100,94, or 43 and run Blown BBC's or BBC's with Dominators and a stage headsup in milwaukee all the time. :loser:rolfSorry, but you lost your HARDCORE credentials.

You don't need to block it off and nobody except imports run on hwy 100.. But I'll tell you this isn't sh!t compared to what they do in Chicago they block off the road, drive/trailer cars in (streetable cars), small tire cars (most 10.5 inch or so), and get them to hook! That's why it doesn't really impress me..

Sprayaway Fox
11-22-2008, 02:50 PM
So...Lemme get this straight, from what you say you dont like the videos because there is American Iron/ Overseas Iron that looks like it goes single digit or low doubles on a highway in broad daylight. Racing headsup every race just because they dont have a WI or IL plate on the front. Sooo, If you saw a WI or IL plated racer doing the same thing it would impress you though. Thats what Im getting from your posts.

scaleracer
11-23-2008, 02:02 AM
So...Lemme get this straight, from what you say you dont like the videos because there is American Iron/ Overseas Iron that looks like it goes single digit or low doubles on a highway in broad daylight. Racing headsup every race just because they dont have a WI or IL plate on the front. Sooo, If you saw a WI or IL plated racer doing the same thing it would impress you though. Thats what Im getting from your posts.

No those just remind me of bracket cars that have huge tires on the back and still aren't that fast.. I guess it comes down to I've seen better and in person..

Irish
11-23-2008, 09:34 AM
No those just remind me of bracket cars that have huge tires on the back and still aren't that fast.. I guess it comes down to I've seen better and in person..

What is the fastest car you have raced at the strip? What times did it run when you drove it? Did you go race it on the street right after you ran it at the strip?

*waiting for answers*

As far as the curve is concerned, yeah I wouldn't want have to slow down on that however with that being said, how many people have raced at the Rock?

GTSLOW
11-23-2008, 12:51 PM
What is the fastest car you have raced at the strip? What times did it run when you drove it? Did you go race it on the street right after you ran it at the strip?

*waiting for answers*

As far as the curve is concerned, yeah I wouldn't want have to slow down on that however with that being said, how many people have raced at the Rock?

scaleracer
11-23-2008, 01:04 PM

*waiting for answers*

Nothing I said had to do with (me) racing a car.. So I don't understand why you brought it up.. And I'm not getting my license yet and haven't ran a car at GLD just drove the Mustang around a little..

Voodoo Chick
11-23-2008, 01:59 PM
What do you mean "not getting your license yet?" You don't drive yet!!??

Voodoo Chick
11-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Oh, I thought the video was awesome, btw.............

Sprayaway Fox
11-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Nothing I said had to do with (me) racing a car.. So I don't understand why you brought it up.. And I'm not getting my license yet and haven't ran a car at GLD just drove the Mustang around a little..

:rolfIts all good, When I was your 19ish I thought my 383 Dart headed, 35 converter, 3.73 street/strip chevelle was fast too.....til I went to the strip. I went out racing in ? and got a ride in a true 10.5 car witha prepped lane. Lets just say mailboxes goes by ya pretty fast on the street like that. Hope your car turns out to be a monster.
Seriously though, the cars in question have 6 and 8 71 ones on them with a BBC and a big tire and not stock suspension on a lot of them. They SHOULD go AT LEAST in the 10's and from what it looks like some of them hook out of the gate so your talking AT LEAST 10's on the street. My sheet might be slow but Major props cause I cant hang withem'

GRAMPS SS
11-23-2008, 07:59 PM
You don't need to block it off and nobody except imports run on hwy 100..i have to disagree with that statement...but i'm sure some will say i'm wrong..... But I'll tell you this isn't sh!t compared to what they do in Chicago they block off the road, drive/trailer cars in (streetable cars), small tire cars (most 10.5 inch or so), and get them to hook! That's why it doesn't really impress me..

you have been to the big street races in chicago ?????
the sams shit was going on in the old days of tower on the northside,.....:goof

that vid has some nice sweeeet cars,......

GRAMPS SS
11-23-2008, 08:02 PM
BUT REMEMBER...street racing is wrong and should be conducted at the drag strip.... :goof

BadAzzGTA89
11-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I like that old Volvo at the end:thumbsup