PDA

View Full Version : this video gave me chills

88Nightmare
11-21-2008, 02:31 AM
TG4fe9GlWS8

I know the election is long over, and I don't want any arguments to ensue from this post, I just really liked this video and thought I would share.

Poncho
11-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Something like that on TV would have made a huge impact on people.

lordairgtar
11-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Wow, especially when the vet walked away and we see his prosthetic, wow indeed.

Waver
11-21-2008, 06:46 PM
too bad this wasnt on tv......well spoken too

Goat Roper
11-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Something like that on TV would have made a huge impact on people.

Fox News pushed this very hard in the last days of the election, even having the guy on TV. The day before the election they kept it up on their home page for most of the day. Viewed 13 million times so yeah, it had been around.

WickedSix
11-21-2008, 07:44 PM
the reality is most americans have become more concerned with their own welfare and have forgotten the way the country became a nation in the first place. I don't believe many people truely enjoy knowing people are dying over there, but if you try to take away a reason to fight you harden the troops even further, you create resentment and bigotry out of necessity, the mission no longer is relevant, only survival, and you start to make people hate the people they are helping liberate. WE try to save people from tyranny because we believe the world is a better place when freedom and democracy reign. How many people have forgotten kosovo, and the celebrations in the streets singing god bless america. They thanked us for helping them become free. Its shameful how quickly people forget, and how greedy they become, when they want the government to save them from loosing their house they shouldn't have bought rather than saving lives. The world of instant gratification.....generation next.....the collapse of the market due to speculation....a quick buck......the trouble is deep rooted and growing like a weed

Voodoo Chick
11-21-2008, 07:57 PM
That was a fantastic video, excellent post.

subliminal1284
11-21-2008, 08:05 PM
I feel for the guy but the truth is, the very reason we went to Iraq turned out to be BS. Just because the Iraqi's were under control of a very bad leader doesnt mean we should go invade and remove him from power. If thats the case we should be invading over half the world. Pretty much all of Africa, Cuba, Iran etc.

Goat Roper
11-21-2008, 09:01 PM
If thats the case we should be invading over half the world. Pretty much all of Africa, Cuba, Iran etc.

Not as many resources nor as strategically placed. Well North Korea is strategically placed but then you piss off China. We picked a fight with the douchebag asthmatic fat kid of the class, not the bully with the football star friend. Sudan/Chad simply had no return on investment like Iraq does.

Kosovo/Croatia/Serbia, afka Yugoslavia was an entirely different ballgame than Iraq when it comes to reasons why to go in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosovo_War