View Full Version : 2010 GTR loses launch control

nismodave
11-20-2008, 09:40 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=136286

Russ Jerome
11-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Better rubber or smaller wheels and more sidewall
the cars will probably be faster yet. With the big
rims for looks it'll probably be a lot slower.

Launch control is awesome but there has to be
a penelty for the electronic interference with
the power interuption or ABS apply.

Goat Roper
11-22-2008, 11:44 PM
What a crock. That whole deal was like putting a big shiny red button on my 3 year old girls bike and telling her that if she presses it a pony will magically appear but that she can NEVER touch the button or the wheels on her bike will fall off.

Of ******* course people are going to play with the button.

Holeshot
11-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Should be able to back a product you build. If the drive train cant handle the torque it should have never been offered in the first place. Sounds like someones taking lessons from the big three failures here with that line of shit.

shoooo32
11-23-2008, 09:45 AM
What a crock. That whole deal was like putting a big shiny red button on my 3 year old girls bike and telling her that if she presses it a pony will magically appear but that she can NEVER touch the button or the wheels on her bike will fall off.

Of ******* course people are going to play with the button.

People pay how much over sticker to own a car they're not allowed beat on?:rolleyes: Nissan is gay. They should have MSRP at 100k and allow you to do whatever you want without voiding the warranty.

nismodave
11-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Well, I figure Nissan will figure something out. Because most upper end cars with a sequencial box, have some sort of LC.

Give the time. Lets see what they have in store when the 10s come out.

WhatsADSM
11-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Like I said before in my eyes nissan dropped the ball with the GTR...

I agree with what everyone already said. It's silly to give the car a big shiny red button that actually makes the far perform he way it should but then void your warranty if you use it. Borderline false advertising and I wouldn't be suprised if they end up with some sort of a law suit over it.

In any case bring on the 370z!

TransAm12sec
11-23-2008, 01:53 PM
If it was called the snow traction button if probably wouldn't have had as bad a reputation.

nismodave
11-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Like I said before in my eyes nissan dropped the ball with the GTR...

You must be smokin some funny tabacco.:rolf

eltness350
11-25-2008, 08:12 PM
+1......gtr is pure sex...

HITMAN
11-25-2008, 10:27 PM
This is what happens when you have French interference. Garbage. "Why yes, of course it 'as a warranty, monsieur. Just don't attempt to drive ze car wis any enthusiasm or it will, unfortunately, be voided. He heh heh...":gay

Fvcking little dilettantes couldn't build anything that was really heavy duty. Face it, the best car to come out of Japan and actually make it here in any appreciable numbers is still the Mark IV Poopra.

nismodave
11-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Kinda like trying Ford to Warranty an 03-04 Cobra rear end.:goof

HITMAN
11-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Kinda like trying Ford to Warranty an 03-04 Cobra rear end.:goof

Sad but true. I'll never understand how GM puts what amounts to a Chevette rear-end behind a 300+ rwhp LS1 F-body and how Ford builds a 390hp engine with really decent forged internals and a supercharger, but cheaps out on the input shaft for the transmission and puts a half-assed chunk of shit IRS on the tail-end of it. :durr

Toyota had the right idea; over-engineer the car to near bullet proof status and you won't have to warranty it at all...

boostin350z
11-27-2008, 12:30 AM
shouldve put the z's cd009 tranny in there

GTSLOW
11-27-2008, 12:56 AM
So hold on lemme get this straight, if you pressed the launch button in the 09s it seriously voided your warranty?

lilws6
11-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Yes

xwing
12-14-2008, 01:38 PM
There is no "Launch Control Button". There is a sequence of settings that engages 'launch control' option. In fact, it DOES involve a switch that says "snow" on it, not "Launch" :). 3Switches, Trans up, to R; shock damping up, to R; Vehicle Dynamic Control (traction control etc) down, to Off.
I too think they should've made the tranny "Super Ultra Incredible Strong" to take "Launch Control on boost clutchdump AWD launches" a million times without any breakage...oh well. Best not to use it and keep a warranty I guess...
They are going 10's already without launch control.

nismodave
12-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Wow... A post by X wing.

xwing
12-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Yeah now I gotta Represent the GTR too :)
so far it's a great winter car daily driver, lets me keep my good Mitsubishi in winter storage LOL (ok the motor is apart, what's new...I just took 2008 off and didn't get it back in the car).
Like Dusty used to say, "This year don't count anymore...NEXT year!"
JT

twicks69
12-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Excellent!

Another GTR in the area!

Jack, what color is your Nissan? Have you had a chance to take it to the strip yet?

GTSLOW
12-15-2008, 12:03 PM
9 posts and he's been here since 04 :wooo

HITMAN
12-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Excellent!

Another GTR in the area!

Jack, what color is your Nissan? Have you had a chance to take it to the strip yet?

It's Super Silver!!!!!!!!!!!! (I feel if you're going to call anything super, it needs a lot of exclamation points...:D)

I think Jack's had the car about a week. GLD's been closed since November.

HITMAN
12-15-2008, 11:32 PM
9 posts and he's been here since 04 :wooo

Some people are post whores and some only post when they have something worthwhile to add...:alcoholic

xwing
12-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Well, GTR trans with launch control might be problems for the trans warranty if it breaks...but I am sure there are countless other brands with warranty problems if used hard.
Caveat emptor on most all these cars...let those without sin be the first to cast a stone :)

Z06 engine warranty void when engine broke at driver school:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion/2203669-c-6-z06-blown-engine-not-warranted-by-gm.html

"Just for the record My engine blew while on track at a performance driving school and our friends at GM WILL NOT WARRANTY THE ENGINE REPLACEMENT. The warranty language states that they will not cover damage caused while racing or competetive driving. I was not involved in either situation. I was enrolled in a performance driving school that does not teach racing or allow any competition between students. GM refused to review my class enrollment documents, would not inspect my engine or go through its computer info to even find out why or what caused the engine failed. Many dealers told me that I would have been better off if I had lied add told them it happened on the highway. DO NOT TELL GM YOU WERE EVER ON A TRACK! good luck to all others that enjoy track time with their Z's. I understand that they are changing the dry sump to a larger capacity tank for the 09's. Im now considering a Lingenfelter built engine for my GM BLACKBALLED Z06."