PDA

View Full Version : Downsized.........

Voodoo Chick
11-19-2008, 09:29 PM
To anyone who could help: I need a job, badly! The company I worked for recently had to "downsize," and my position was eliminated. If any of you know who's hiring, I would really appreciate a little info. I am looking for factory work, full time, or any "blue-collar" type work. PM me if you know anything. Thanks.

GRAMPS SS
11-19-2008, 09:32 PM
pm sent...............................

Smokey1226
11-19-2008, 09:46 PM
pm sent...............................

Wayne, your pretty familiar with "Downsizing" aren't ya? :rolf Damn old age :D

GTSLOW
11-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Wayne, your pretty familiar with "Downsizing" aren't ya? :rolf Damn old age :D

:wooo sounds personal.

fivonut
11-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear. The company I work for just announced they are laying off 90 people. Rough seas ahead.....

STANMAN
11-19-2008, 11:15 PM
That's funny, the company I work for just downsized:goof

It's actually not funny, as I am sure most people know, Sunny worked for me and I am just trying to make a dark situation a little lighter. Know that what she is saying is indeed factual, her position was eliminated, not her! It had nothing to do with performance or anything else, it was strictly the position she was in. She had perfect attendance every single day that she ever worked for me and was very communicative, which are two very good things that most supervisors love to see in their employees:thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
11-19-2008, 11:21 PM
That's funny, the company I work for just downsized:goof

It's actually not funny, as I am sure most people know, Sunny worked for me and I am just trying to make a dark situation a little lighter. Know that what she is saying is indeed factual, her position was eliminated, not her! It had nothing to do with performance or anything else, it was strictly the position she was in. She had perfect attendance every single day that she ever worked for me and was very communicative, which are two very good things that most supervisors love to see in their employees:thumbsup

I truly cared about this job, and it broke my heart to lose it. I loved my co-workers (and boss) dearly, they were ALL like extended family, and working with you, Bob, was a very special experience, and I miss being there, a whole lot. I hope the next job I get I can keep 'til I retire, I get way too attached to my job to change it often, lol!

pOrk
11-19-2008, 11:28 PM
www.mtlcraft.com

Apply for Punch Press Operator at the West Bend plant, we need those bad and starting pay is 13 an hour plus shift premium depending which shift they hire you for. If you get the weekend shift, its another 2 bucks an hour.

lordairgtar
11-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Walked into the boss's office today and asked if he was going to have next Friday an off day or would we work? I'd rather work. He says after Thanksgiving, the plant will be closed permanent. I just stand there and this little evil smiles starts creeping across his face....coulda killed the asshat.

Voodoo Chick
11-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Walked into the boss's office today and asked if he was going to have next Friday an off day or would we work? I'd rather work. He says after Thanksgiving, the plant will be closed permanent. I just stand there and this little evil smiles starts creeping across his face....coulda killed the asshat.

Was he being serious!? If so, I'm very sorry to hear that!

lordairgtar
11-20-2008, 11:44 PM
He was kidding.

Exitspeed
11-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Yea I got laid off last week.

Good luck on finding a new job.

Voodoo Chick
11-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Yea I got laid off last week.

Good luck on finding a new job.

Thanks, good luck to you, yoo.