PDA

View Full Version : See if you can actually do this.....

Voodoo Chick
11-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Here's an interesting thing to try to do, which is nowhere near as easy as it sounds: Try to go for an entire 24 hours without saying anything negative about ANYONE. NO nasty/petty/gossipy/mean things, no name-calling, etc. I have tried it, and so far (to be totally honest) have not succeeded. This includes strangers, by the way. No calling another driver a ****** on the way to/from work, etc. You all get the idea. It's really difficult, and makes me wonder if we all need to learn to be nicer, lol.

RanJer
11-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Considering the way people drive in the cold/wintery conditions.. Not happening.

Voodoo Chick
11-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Considering the way people drive in the cold/wintery conditions.. Not happening.

I tend to feel the same.......Yesterday I only made it about three blocks from my house before I called another driver a ******.......:thumbsup

Irish
11-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Pff I only lasted 15 seconds. Maybe I should have started with the TV off.

Rocket Power
11-19-2008, 09:46 PM
My only chance would be to do it on a day I don't go to work:rolf

Al
11-19-2008, 10:45 PM
I tried that once and actually kept it going for a couple days. Let me be the first to tell you that the world becomes a much better place when you can pull this off. Some people will begin to flock to you as you pull it off because they will percieve you as being very insightful and considerate.

Unfortunately, this will backfire on you eventually when you refuse to throw in a negative comment about an overweight girl or a non-white person. Next thing you know, everyone thinks you are gay.

STANMAN
11-19-2008, 11:10 PM
I tried that once and actually kept it going for a couple days. Let me be the first to tell you that the world becomes a much better place when you can pull this off. Some people will begin to flock to you as you pull it off because they will percieve you as being very insightful and considerate.

Unfortunately, this will backfire on you eventually when you refuse to throw in a negative comment about an overweight girl or a non-white person. Next thing you know, everyone thinks you are gay.

:rolf

I think I could do it without SAYING anything (I could become a mute person for 24 hours), but THINKING would be the hard part:rolf

VroomPshhTsi
11-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Here's an interesting thing to try to do, which is nowhere near as easy as it sounds: Try to go for an entire 24 hours without saying anything negative about ANYONE. NO nasty/petty/gossipy/mean things, no name-calling, etc. I have tried it, and so far (to be totally honest) have not succeeded. This includes strangers, by the way. No calling another driver a ****** on the way to/from work, etc. You all get the idea. It's really difficult, and makes me wonder if we all need to learn to be nicer, lol.

Not possible

deuceWI
11-20-2008, 09:33 AM
I would enjoy not talking to people for 24 hours.

I think the real trick would be going through a normal day interacting with people and keep up the positive attitude.

I'm having a good day so far, maybe I'll give it a try.

Mr Twigbert
11-20-2008, 11:13 AM
This would be fun if I cared.. But I don't. So fugg you!

Voodoo Chick
11-20-2008, 11:29 AM
This would be fun if I cared.. But I don't. So fugg you!

Ooooohhh......somebody needs to sit in the "time-out corner!!" LOL ;) Thing is, it's really NOT fun, it's really, really hard to do, maybe I'll try again today......Hopefully I'll beat my previous record of an hour or two.....

Nix
11-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Fuck this thread... :stare :rolf :goof

GTSLOW
11-20-2008, 12:39 PM
F the police.

Deggy
11-20-2008, 12:59 PM
I couldn't do it, considering I hate everyone. :goof

Voodoo Chick
11-20-2008, 01:59 PM
OK.......How about this instead: In one 24 hour period, see how much mean sh*t you can say, cram as much a**holery (cool new word) as possible into one day.......Better?? LOL

Slow Joe
11-20-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't think that I could do this... P.S. Get out from "under 'my' bed" that's just not right...

Voodoo Chick
11-20-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't think that I could do this... P.S. Get out from "under 'my' bed" that's just not right...

But the dustbunnies are so friendly and cute! :goof

Yeehaw
11-20-2008, 06:17 PM
My only chance would be to do it on a day I don't go to work:rolf

haha i know what you mean. working retail sucks

Myles
11-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah you just reminded me that im going to hell. Thanks.

Reverend Cooper
11-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I got so mad reading this i lost already,fuck this shit

MoCkiN U
11-20-2008, 08:18 PM
haha i know what you mean. working retail sucks

X3 no way I could pull off working in retail. Just today dude walks up to my verizon deal and I ask him politely as he is "obviously" looking for something.....Can I help you find something today? No. just looking he says. Ok, what are you looking for I can help you find it quickly. F you he says I dont like being pestered.

Oh yeah my bad for helping your pissy self but if I didnt ask then we were ignoring you. Old Fr

CobraSnake
11-21-2008, 10:15 AM
X3 no way I could pull off working in retail. Just today dude walks up to my verizon deal and I ask him politely as he is "obviously" looking for something.....Can I help you find something today? No. just looking he says. Ok, what are you looking for I can help you find it quickly. F you he says I dont like being pestered.

Oh yeah my bad for helping your pissy self but if I didnt ask then we were ignoring you. Old Fr
hahahahaha I always love those guys because I'll bug the shit outta them until they buy something or leave.

Mark

GTSLOW
11-21-2008, 10:52 AM

I went 5mins until I realized Irish has a cooter. :goof :rolf

j/k

Voodoo Chick
11-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, I didn't make it yesterday.....Don't think I'll make it today....In fact, F**K this experiment!!!! LOL

Yeehaw
11-21-2008, 06:21 PM

i got one last night like that over the phone....gave a guy a quote he told me that carquest was 5 bucks cheaper so i start stating better in my product and he just stops me and goes "they are all the ****** same you are just trying to rip me off *click*" :fire

Mr Twigbert
11-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Piss on all ya'll monkey ass tree huggers!

And if you hate POE POE / 50 then DEeEeEeEeZzZzZzZzZ Nutz....