PDA

View Full Version : BLACK FRIDAY early this year

GRAMPS SS
11-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Black Friday sales arrive early this year
Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:11PM EST
See Comments (306)

Buzz up!on Yahoo!These are tough economic times, so retailers are launching their Black Friday specials weeks early to motivate budget-conscious buyers. You can normally find the latest Black Friday ads on sites like BlackFriday.info, Bargainist.com, DealTaker.com, BFads.net, and TheBlackfriday.com, so check those out before you go shopping this weekend, because it looks like retailers are slashing prices early this year.

Here's a list of sales happening right now, just to give you an idea:

Walmart: Walmart has in-store specials that are already up for grabs. The retailer is selling several 15.4-inch Compaq CQ50-139WM laptops for $298, Sony's 2GB Walkman player for $49, Samsung's S760 point-and-shoot digital camera in red for $89, a 46-inch Sanyo 1080p LCD HDTV for $798. Check out the flyer here.

Best Buy will also be marking down the eMachines laptop (eMD620-5777) for $299 according to BFAds.net. The laptop includes a 14.1-inch screen, 1GB DDR2, 160GB hard drive, Windows Vista, and AMD Athlon 2650e processor. The site has a side-by-side comparison of this laptop versus the Compaq notebook being sold at Walmart.

Kmart is offering the 32-inch Sylvania LCD HDTV for $440 and the Wii Fit for $90, according to I4U, and Sears has a lot of sales in the electronics department too, so check those out.

Circuit City will be closing some stores this quarter, so it may be running lots of promotions off and online too. Engadget HD found this Sony Blu-ray player for $177 on its website, so you might want to look around between now and Black Friday for more savings.

Smokey1226
11-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Any year of stuff being at awesome prices and i need none of it :( maybe one day

Slow Joe
11-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Just an FYI the Circuit City Warehouse on Brown Deer Rd is closing again, We got a 4gb Zune for $95...

kornholio788
11-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Just an FYI the Circuit City Warehouse on Brown Deer Rd is closing again, We got a 4gb Zune for $95...

I got the 30 gig zune last year on BF for 80 at toys r us lol. So you kinda got owned lol. THey can be had alot cheaper.

Slow Joe
11-18-2008, 10:48 PM
I got the 30 gig zune last year on BF for 80 at toys r us lol. So you kinda got owned lol. THey can be had alot cheaper.

Seeing that the going rate around town for one is around $130, I don't feel that way...

xxtremeteam
11-18-2008, 10:50 PM
yup after xmas i got a close out on my brown 30 gig zune for 80.00 i love it best mp3 player i have ever owned and i used to own ipod

kornholio788
11-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Seeing that the going rate around town for one is around $130, I don't feel that way...
Lol if you say so. :rolf

There are some really good deals on BF this year. Still waiting for best buy to come out. I haven't even looked through the ads yet but I will this weekend. Lowes had some nice tools I am going to pick up. Got a new TV the other day on Newegg. So it isn't like you have to wait for BF for good deals. I think more deals are going to be online this year. I will def be doing alot more online BF shopping than instore.

PB86MCSS
11-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Best Buy's is already out....the big one I'm waiting for is Wal-Mart. So far my goal of a 26" LCD for my bedroom is looking good, Target and K-Mart will have one each for $300 that weekend...

pOrk
11-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Looks like the Walmart laptop is only for out of wisconsin Walmart stores, can't seem to find any info on this deal anywhere.

mrz28M6
11-19-2008, 12:43 AM
bring on the cheap LCD's!! time for an early xmas present for me!

jbiscuit
11-19-2008, 07:30 AM
most of the black friday ads are already up also...have been for a week or more.

Got Boost
11-19-2008, 09:02 AM
No real deals on black Friday this year , hopfully the internet will have better deals

Karps TA
11-19-2008, 09:06 AM
For some reason we have some screwed up laws in WI where retailers can't sell us certain items at the really low prices. It happened last year on HD DVD players that Wal mart couldn't honor the ads. This State is run by jackasses.

I'm going to hopefully pickup a cheap laptop this Xmas for myself. For $300 beats buying a used one that I don't know the history on. For just doing some tuning and data logging I don't need anything special anyways.

Larrygto
11-19-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm looking for a big LCD hope someone has a good price on one.

pOrk
11-19-2008, 10:13 AM
For some reason we have some screwed up laws in WI where retailers can't sell us certain items at the really low prices. It happened last year on HD DVD players that Wal mart couldn't honor the ads. This State is run by jackasses.

I'm going to hopefully pickup a cheap laptop this Xmas for myself. For $300 beats buying a used one that I don't know the history on. For just doing some tuning and data logging I don't need anything special anyways.

This is the only state left that attempts to help small buisness stay afloat, Walmart can get away with selling items below costs where Mom and Pop's Electronics can not.

pOrk
11-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Larry, check Sears they have decent deals on big TV's this year.

Karps TA
11-19-2008, 10:38 AM
This is the only state left that attempts to help small buisness stay afloat, Walmart can get away with selling items below costs where Mom and Pop's Electronics can not.

What mom and pop electronics stores exist anymore?

I'd almost beleive that if this same state didn't allow Walgreens to build on every block knocking out the neighborhood mom and pop pharmacies the last 15 years

If a company wants to sell something at a loss then that should be up to them.

pOrk
11-19-2008, 10:46 AM
I didn't say it was fool proof, this law has been around since the 1930's.

jbiscuit
11-19-2008, 10:49 AM
If a company wants to sell something at a loss then that should be up to them.

EXACTLY! Funny thing is, Best Buy will NEVER sell an item for a loss. There is SO much mark up on TVs its sick. Best Buy used to have an employee sale that was 1 day only where you could pay 5% over the mark-up and a $400 TV was like $180. Insane amount of mark-up. :stare

Karps TA
11-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Yep. The markup on appliances is even more ridiculous. I had a friend who worked at Whirlpool who I bought all my applicances from for my kitchen remodel. My $600 dishawasher was $125, my $1000 stove was $400 and my $2100 Fridge was $880. I just had to go to a terminal in Germantown to pick it up.

PB86MCSS
11-19-2008, 12:50 PM
When I worked at Best Buy I don't remember TV's being marked up over 200%...maybe on a certain model but it was more like 150% or so. I purchased my 27" flat screen Toshiba when I still worked there in 04' and got it for about 30% off the retail price, IIRC. Computers have almost no profit margin...again this is a few years ago, perhaps somethings have changed a little.

Accessories are where they make a humungo profit margin (and protection plans). Printer cables I could get for like $2 that sold for almost $30 retail. I wish I had stocked up :) .

They call things a loss-leader for a reason, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the doorbusters are sold at a loss. The $300 laptops that retail for almost twice as much for example.

jbiscuit
11-19-2008, 12:55 PM
again I highly doubt that Best Buy is selling a doorbuster laptop at a loss. I bet that since they bought such a huge quantity of them, there is still profit in the doorbuster price. Maybe not as much as usual, but they hope to get you sign up for the extended warranty, blank DVDs, a new printer etc to go along with it... :)