PDA

View Full Version : seat modifications

boostin350z
11-18-2008, 08:50 PM
alright, im trying to use my stock seat rails on a set of recaros i picked up, but there is the mounting tabs mounted on the rails. its not bolted on, it looks...riveted on. 1 big rivet per tab, and i want to get these off so i can mount them. anybody now what im talking about, and if you do, how to get them off?

07ROUSHSTG3
11-18-2008, 08:52 PM
can you cut them off? or grind them down?

i tried putting some seats in my 88 mustang one time using the stock seat rails. was pretty much impossible. good luck.

Flicktitty
11-18-2008, 09:02 PM
alright, im trying to use my stock seat rails on a set of recaros i picked up, but there is the mounting tabs mounted on the rails. its not bolted on, it looks...riveted on. 1 big rivet per tab, and i want to get these off so i can mount them. anybody now what im talking about, and if you do, how to get them off?

dude, just get some bride rails or something, hell get 1 drivers rail then i got a passenger rail for ya for a lil fee. btw - PMSent

boostin350z
11-18-2008, 09:18 PM
^^more info on these rails? the recaros are from an evo, so i wanna use the rails, and find a way to get that metal dimple off off the mounting tab. theres gotta be a way to get the damn thing off!

team beater
11-18-2008, 10:24 PM
drill them out