PDA

View Full Version : Kinda sad news

Smokey1226
11-17-2008, 11:08 PM
On my way home from work i got a text from my cousin that a girl i went to school with from 1st grade till graduating high school......was found dead. I havent heard exact news yet, but it sounded like suicide. I dont want to spread rumors but thats what ive been told my multiple people.

I dated her back in 8th grade or something silly like that, n she spent a lot of time with me when i got into a really bad four wheeler accident.

I believer her mom got real sick and she had to leave school and take care of her family for a few years and ever since she wasn't the same cheery self that i once knew.

It makes me sad thinking, maybe if i would of went out of my way to say high her (which i havent talked to her in 3+ years or so) i could of possibly helped. But with everything, woulda shoulda coulda :(

Trutildeathxxx
11-17-2008, 11:15 PM
On my way home from work i got a text from my cousin that a girl i went to school with from 1st grade till graduating high school......was found dead. I havent heard exact news yet, but it sounded like suicide. I dont want to spread rumors but thats what ive been told my multiple people.

I dated her back in 8th grade or something silly like that, n she spent a lot of time with me when i got into a really bad four wheeler accident.

I believer her mom got real sick and she had to leave school and take care of her family for a few years and ever since she wasn't the same cheery self that i once knew.

It makes me sad thinking, maybe if i would of went out of my way to say high her (which i havent talked to her in 3+ years or so) i could of possibly helped. But with everything, woulda shoulda coulda :(
Chad, this is probably the only serious message i will ever send you but you cant let the woulda coulda shoulda's bother you, i went through the same thing with my dad when he passed away. what if i would have said to go get the tingling in his legs checked out when he told me about it, or what if the dr would have prescribed blood thinners like he should have. these are things that pass through my head everyday since it happened over a year and a half ago but you cant blame yourself for any of it because you were acting normal and didnt think twice about something that any other day of the week you would have done the same.

Reverend Cooper
11-17-2008, 11:15 PM
thats pretty concieted to think her problems could be solved by you saying hi. she was gonna do what she did because she wanted to period

RanJer
11-17-2008, 11:22 PM
thats pretty concieted to think her problems could be solved by you saying hi. she was gonna do what she did because she wanted to period

I think all he meant was that there was a chance. He said maybe, he said possibly.. You never know what a single moment can change in your life..

That's all life is. A series of moments.

Sad to hear you lost a friend.

Smokey1226
11-17-2008, 11:26 PM
thats pretty concieted to think her problems could be solved by you saying hi

you really think "concieted" is the right word? I never said I directly could of changed things but maybe she was just looking for someone to just talk to. I know she got hit pretty hard with her mom and stuff and we talked every once in a while. Im not saying me personally, but there were some other stuff that happened while i had my accident which many of you would be proud of, but thats kinda where things started to go down hill . LONG STORYYYY

Maybe all it would of taken was someone to sit down and listen to her just VENT for years of stuff built up? Maybe someone could of made her laugh today and things would of been different. This is why i try to always make people laugh, weither it makes me look like a hero or an idiot idc, because everyone needs to laugh!

But Kyle your right man, and i give you SOOOO much credit for keeping your head up and keep moving forward. I know so many people who havent been able to move past tragic things like that. I might joke a lot, and talk stupid most of the time.....but seriously and i think i told Donny this too...to lose your Father at a young age and be able to keep going with your life is extremely impressive!

xxtremeteam
11-17-2008, 11:27 PM
sorry about your friend

I also lost a great friend a year ago, i am a emt and the first one there. and that the coulda woulda bothered me for a long time (and still do), i found out later nothing i could have done would have changed the out come and myself and my crew did everything we could, i found by talking about it here and other forums and his family to be the best to release the coulda woulda stuff again sorry to hear this news.
eric

Sprayaway Fox
11-17-2008, 11:47 PM
You gotta relize its there choice. Hate to sound F'upd but that is the easy way out. If they choose to take it, try to not dig into wuda, cuda, shuda. That will move you in the mindset of that person that did take there life. Remember them for the good times and move on. Had a dude I know that his friend killed himself. 2 years later he lost his girl and he plugged himself at his buds grave.. F'd up. Just worry bout your own ass.:thumbsup

Smokey1226
11-17-2008, 11:57 PM
very true. I do realize that even if someone could of saved her from today....it probably would of happened sooner or later.

HY35F2T
11-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Your on your own in life noone is here to "really" help you atleast thats how ive been raised.So i dont count on others to make me want to live my life.What happens happens you can decide your own life.

I know alot of ppl that were living off the streets drunks stole,worked for drugs and alchol and changed that.Thats why i never feel srry for ppl that die from OD or alky abuse.

srry to sound so harsh but w/e how i feel.

DR.FORD
11-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Chad, a VERY close friend of mine took his own life and I couldn't do a damn thing about it. I never got an incling from him that it would go that far. We did spend time talking about his pain and I tried to tell him how one moment in life can change everything, but he still made his choice. The saddest parts of it were that it was over a girl and the fact that this kid had the world by the ass. He was very close to his parents, just won 2nd place at the NOPI nationals(!), owned anything you could want, etc. He was the ONLY person that sat in my spray booth with me as I did his ghost flames on his Honda ( I do artwork alone), we spent hours working on his cars, bench racing, building stuff on paper, etc. Chad, when they make that decision, there really isn't a thing you can do. BTW, he lived up the street from your station- his name was Alex. I miss him dearly.

HRSEPLA
11-18-2008, 10:42 AM
You obviously are'nt to be blamed, but (all of us) use it as a reminder to extend a hand, a smile, or a hello to someone whenever you get a chance.
I have lost friends and family to suicide, there is only so much you can do.

Slow Joe
11-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Don't blame yourself.

I had a friend that I had just started talking to again a few months prior die earlier this year. He OD'd on drugs, they found him in a gas station parking lot with a needle in his arm. Of course we hadn't gotten close enough for me to know of these problems, but the part where we could of started hanging out more, and maybe if we would of been hanging out with me instead of doing what he was doing bothered me for a while. Then I realized that there was no way that I could of really helped. When it's "your time" it's your time...

I'm still sorry to hear about your friend...

boostaddict14
11-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend,but definitely don't do the what if thing.

I would have been dead right now if i hadn't made the decision not to go with my friends once.

Memphis
11-18-2008, 08:43 PM
As sad as it is to say, I've been through this three times now and hope to hell I NEVER have to again. I also knew two kids in junior high who did this together. All were different circumstances, but all had the same end result. Did I think I could have changed things? No, not to likely. Do I wish I had the opportunitly to try? Sometimes I do, but like everyone said they would still make their choice and If I had tried, would I feel even more like I failed them? maybe. In the end, it doesnt pay to think about what might have been, just use it to more appreciate what you have. I'm tired of seeing what that one selfish choice does to everyone that was ever close to that person.

Reverend Cooper
11-18-2008, 11:20 PM
you really think "concieted" is the right word? I never said I directly could of changed things but maybe she was just looking for someone to just talk to. I know she got hit pretty hard with her mom and stuff and we talked every once in a while. Im not saying me personally, but there were some other stuff that happened while i had my accident which many of you would be proud of, but thats kinda where things started to go down hill . LONG STORYYYY

Maybe all it would of taken was someone to sit down and listen to her just VENT for years of stuff built up? Maybe someone could of made her laugh today and things would of been different. This is why i try to always make people laugh, weither it makes me look like a hero or an idiot idc, because everyone needs to laugh!

But Kyle your right man, and i give you SOOOO much credit for keeping your head up and keep moving forward. I know so many people who havent been able to move past tragic things like that. I might joke a lot, and talk stupid most of the time.....but seriously and i think i told Donny this too...to lose your Father at a young age and be able to keep going with your life is extremely impressive!

Yes it is,you cant control anybodys actions but your own. people that are unhappy enough to do this usually and i stress usually need professional or poss. even medicine related help. so dont ruin your life because you didnt talk to her. remember how you feel now and talk to all your friends,not just the ones that pass on,cuz then its too late. I have learned a few things about this in the last ten years,and alot in the last 14 days with Yoo.
my comment was not meant as "ripping" on you it was just my opinion in the subject.
i too am sorry you lost a friend,but i am glad it has opened your eyes

Voodoo Chick
11-19-2008, 08:52 PM
When someone commits suicide, it's SO easy for friends/family to blame themselves, and question whether they could have helped. Please don't blame yourself, whatever you do. When someone has made the decision to end their life, it is THEIR choice, and 99.9 % of the time, there isn't a thing in the world that could deter them from doing it. I have had a few people I knew commit suicide, and each time it came as a shock, but in hindsight, I realized there was always something about the person that always seemed a bit....different, I guess. The point is, I think the "suicide mindset" is just more present in some individuals than others, and those that are left behind should NOT feel guilty, or responsible. I am very sorry for your loss, and I hope you feel better soon. Take care.