PDA

View Full Version : Gary's Auto Repair in Delafield

BoosTT
11-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Heres the story. I dropped my Audi TT off to get a stripped drain plug in the rear diff repaired. They said that they couldn't repair it, and had to replace the housing. I was ok with this, since I have an aftermarket warranty and didn't have to pay for anything. $700 was paid by my warranty to fix the drain plug. It took about a week to repair/order parts.

Then about 300 miles later the car starts making a loud hum. Turns out a bearing went out in the rear diff, due to previous work done by them. Gary's auto repair replaces it for free, under their shop warranty. Car is out 8 more days. I also received the car back missing my $100 repair manual, I stopped back in and they gave it to me no problem, but still one more trip.

Now, I get the car back again and I notice a large puddle of oil right under the rear diff. I'm dropping the car off at gary's auto tonight for them to investage.

Suggestions? Should I ask for some free oil change coupons or something?

Nick
11-17-2008, 01:54 PM
They replaced my transmission in my supercharged 2.8 A4 when I had it. They did a quality job. UNfortunately, I got it back with dents all over the chrome trim along my windows. They replaced it without any questions.

I think their techs may be a bit careless. They are very nice people though.

I dunno what to tell you honestly. I sold my car shortly thereafter. $900 for a used transmission with 100k on it was enough for me to want to unload the car immediately. $1700 total with labor. Those cars are money pits. Biggest mistake I ever made.

You should sell yours too. :) Buy a Subaru.

Crawlin
11-17-2008, 02:14 PM
With all the little "mess-ups" do you really want them doing even a simple oil change on the car? I'd be afraid the drain plug would get put in all the way and it'd start leaking all over the driveway.

BoosTT
11-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Yes. I agree about them being very nice and easy to work with. I just hope this problem can get resolved quickly. I don't think I would have any issue if IA did the work.

00SoSlow
11-17-2008, 03:17 PM
when i had my audi tt i needed a wheel bearing done, was out 1/2 day and 150 bucks later i was driving it... i never had any problem with them and i agree also they are very nice

Nick
11-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Yes. I agree about them being very nice and easy to work with. I just hope this problem can get resolved quickly. I don't think I would have any issue if IA did the work.

IA would just give you a list of 1000 other things they feel you would have to have done.

lilws6
11-17-2008, 08:09 PM
just drop that shit off at Tires plus we'll get er done for ya weve got some of the best tech's there in the district but stuff does happen not everyones perfect.

SmokinRAM114
11-17-2008, 10:17 PM
is forest working there? LOL

jkjk

Reverend Cooper
11-17-2008, 11:18 PM
With all the little "mess-ups" do you really want them doing even a simple oil change on the car? I'd be afraid the drain plug would get put in all the way and it'd start leaking all over the driveway.

x 11 billionty

BoosTT
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
PRIOR UPDATE: Leak was fixed. A bolt was not tightend correctly. Took a few days to repair, because they ordered a not needed gasket.

CURRENT UPDATE: I took my car to IA for to have some unrelated work done to my TT. IA determined today that a lift point was slighly damaged during the time Garys auto had it. The lift point now leaks rust inhibitor oil from the frame rail. I asked gary's auto about it right when I noticed the leak and they had no idea, and figured some oil on the road splashed on the car.

Gary himself specifically told me that he worked on my car the 2nd and 3ed time. While the entire staff was very nice and friendly. I highly suggest avoiding this shop for anything major. I'm debateing if I should even call Gary to let him know that he damaged by car by lifting it incorrectly.

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Damn rust inhibitor oil filled frame rail lift points ? Those Audi's have everything.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Voodoo Chick
12-15-2008, 11:08 PM
I dunno.........It's stories like this that make me not want to take my cars anywhere.

Yeehaw
12-15-2008, 11:13 PM
I dunno.........It's stories like this that make me not want to take my cars anywhere.

yea rather mess up my own shit then i will just blame myself :thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
12-15-2008, 11:17 PM

Lol, yeah.....At least if you mess up something yourself, you know exactly what you did wrong, and there are usually no "surprises" later on. I'm just real weird about my cars, though, and I hate the thought of anyone touching/messing with them......I'm like an over-possessive, jealous lover, lol!! :rolf

GTSLOW
12-15-2008, 11:26 PM

:rolf sooo true