PDA

View Full Version : 1 Step closer to Bullrun!!

Heat Seeker WS6
11-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Time for a new thread since the Heat's been turned up even moreso on Josh & I !!! This is the real freakin deal

I just got off the phone with Cindy in CA, the casting director. In talking with her I found out she's also done the casting for Survivor and a few other shows :wooo.
Here's the scoop- We've made it another step forward and the very last thing for us to do is fill out another (and very last) application that she's emailing for Josh & I to complete. This will go further into our personal biographies including anything car related we've pretty much ever done & a few other things. We also need the make an audition video and get more pics of our cars following thier criteria. So.... tomorrow is video shoot & picture night at Big Bear tire:thumbsup.

The 20 teams will be picked from a final group of 50-60!! Talking to her I have this sick feeling we may be part of that:wow. 1 in 3 odds potentially?
She had me assure her about us both having the available time to do this.
I also found out that they cover every damn thing during this INCLUDING GAS!! Holy shit, all we gotta do is show up at the airport and all our junk AND car gets flown out!! WTF

The 12 teams that make it in the show ALSO get ALL fees & etc covered for the REAL Bullrun in July! http://www.mfba.org/images/smilies/faint.gif http://www.mfba.org/images/smilies/faint.gif

The 8 teams that get eliminated from finals on Nov 29th or as the others get booted off the show for various reasons they/we all get LOL sequestered in a CA resort until Dec 20th so no one knows whos still in the show!!! :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf Unfukinbelievable

It gets better!! .... At this point we are able to submit both our cars, increasing our chances of getting in.:headbang

Josh- http://www.bullrun.com/user/95 Its just a Neon! :rolf:rolf:rolf
Mine- http://www.bullrun.com/user/94

Breecher_7
11-16-2008, 04:53 PM
You get sequestered for almost a month if you get eliminated? Do you get payed anything or are you just SOL for income during that time?

Heat Seeker WS6
11-16-2008, 05:10 PM
You get sequestered for almost a month if you get eliminated? Do you get payed anything or are you just SOL for income during that time?

Yep you do and they cover everything -food, room, gas & etc.
The only thing they dont cover is lost job wages... but thats where vac time & a ultra-cool boss comes into play

Breecher_7
11-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Wages is what I was thinking. Its suprising they can get people to just walk away from there jobs for a month like that and get nothing in return. I mean shit isnt free!

michelle
11-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Good luck!

Heat Seeker WS6
11-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Wages is what I was thinking. Its suprising they can get people to just walk away from there jobs for a month like that and get nothing in return. I mean shit isnt free!

No ones forcing anything on anyone and the situation works for all involved & its not 'just walking away'. They take care of thier participants very well. Besides that, I have my situation worked out & so does josh- simple as that :thumbsup

Nick
11-16-2008, 05:25 PM
God damn I wish I could show up and do your photos tomorrow at Big Bear, John. I have to attend class though. Totally mandatory night from 6-930pm. :(

Heat Seeker WS6
11-16-2008, 05:29 PM
God damn I wish I could show up and do your photos tomorrow at Big Bear, John. I have to attend class though. Totally mandatory night from 6-930pm. :(

I wonder if we can go for tues night- we'll have to see how Josh's schedule is. Also, I'll will have my car back there for alignment later this week.

Fast95Stang
11-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Sounds awesome!! Good luck!

xxtremeteam
11-16-2008, 06:12 PM
sounds great hope you get in

2006wrxtr
11-16-2008, 06:18 PM
I was on an episode of real stories of the highway patrol when I wrecked my 89 mustang GT in califrnia it was sureal...

Nick
11-16-2008, 10:37 PM
I wonder if we can go for tues night- we'll have to see how Josh's schedule is. Also, I'll will have my car back there for alignment later this week.

Yeah, I'm free tuesday after 5pm. We can do some night strobing if you'd like. I know of a great spot in Waukesha by my place behind the PDQ on hwy 59. I could use an extra hand for strobing.

srt4eh
11-17-2008, 12:15 AM
thats friggin awesome....im excited and im not even in it...lol

97z2801ss
11-17-2008, 12:58 AM
pretty sweet to hear john

Waver
11-17-2008, 01:28 AM

You cant tell me that if you had the oppertunity that john and josh have that you wouldnt do it.....I woud kill to do somthing like this. Good luck you two, I wsh you the best.....

Breecher_7
11-17-2008, 04:45 AM
You cant tell me that if you had the oppertunity that john and josh have that you wouldnt do it.....I woud kill to do somthing like this. Good luck you two, I wsh you the best.....

Im not saying I wouldnt. I think its really cool. I just think its kinda lame that they dont "pay" you anything to sit sequestered for a month.

Waver
11-17-2008, 05:19 AM
Im not saying I wouldnt. I think its really cool. I just think its kinda lame that they dont "pay" you anything to sit sequestered for a month.

does disney pay you to be at one of their parks for a week?

Heat Seeker WS6
11-17-2008, 06:51 AM
I am killing people daily

Waver
11-17-2008, 07:37 AM
I am killing people daily

lol john....taking out the competition early?

Heat Seeker WS6
11-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Tues update:

Last night Josh spoke with the casting director and a passed as well! So now our team was given to go-ahead to submit the very final round of paperwork as well as our videos. We were out last night until 1am filming the cars, talking about stuff they want us to talk about & etc.
So tonights editing & finishing video & getting more pics.

Car updates:
With the exception of some brakework, Josh's Neon is pretty much good to go if the decide they want his car.

Had the car at Bigbear for some tirework last night & get alignment on Fri. Talked to my tranny shop tonight to see if we can get the rebuilt race tranny back in before/if the car gets shipped out.

Z06 brakes come home tomorrow

70 cutlass 442
11-18-2008, 05:13 PM
badass!

70challenger452
11-18-2008, 06:09 PM
man that sounds like fun, good luck man!!

Flicktitty
11-18-2008, 06:15 PM
That's Awesome John and Josh. I wish you guys the best of luck!

07ROUSHSTG3
11-18-2008, 07:18 PM
very happy for you! good luck again!!

DR.FORD
11-18-2008, 09:23 PM
I wish you guys the best of luck!
As far as lost wages, etc., can you even put a price on the chance of a lifetime??!!! Money regenerates, opportunities don't!!!!!!!!!!
Give 'em Hell:devil

Heat Seeker WS6
11-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Got my Z06 brakes!
All the rest of the stuff is in the garage but here's the calipers-

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/VTS_01_1039_0001.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/VTS_01_1040_0001.jpg

Beagle
11-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Best of luck John. On the site it says theres a 20k entry fee? Is that if someone wants to pay to enter or what?

Sprayaway Fox
11-21-2008, 12:36 AM
From what I have watched, just go for handling, they always end up going around cones or something. Stay consistent and you might end up winning it. Good luck!

Heat Seeker WS6
11-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Best of luck John. On the site it says theres a 20k entry fee? Is that if someone wants to pay to enter or what?

thanks! the $20K is for the other Bullrun that the exotics, professional drivers & celeberties run in. The 12 that make the show get that fee waived and we have the choice to run it all expenses covered!! But in that 'run', the cars & drivers have to be accepted- its more of a who's who then anything else.

Right now it looks like josh & I are in the top/remaining 50 and are set to make the run to the last 20. I spoke to the casting director again today.
bad news- My work may have an issue with this afterall ................ :wow

Beagle
11-21-2008, 12:54 AM
thanks! the $20K is for the other Bullrun that the exotics, professional drivers & celeberties run in. The 12 that make the show get that fee waived and we have the choice to run it all expenses covered!! But in that 'run', the cars & drivers have to be accepted- its more of a who's who then anything else.

Right now it looks like josh & I are in the top/remaining 50 and are set to make the run to the last 20. I spoke to the casting director again today.
bad news- My work may have an issue with this afterall ................ :wow

Ok gotcha. How much do you like your job lol? This is a once im a lifetime chance. Tough call.

Heat Seeker WS6
11-21-2008, 06:51 AM
Ok gotcha. How much do you like your job lol? This is a once im a lifetime chance. Tough call.

Well Im pretty much doing my dream job working on aircraft stuff so Im not about to sacrafice it away. BUT- this is exactly that...a once in a lifetime shot. Well, the casting director already advanced us into the NEXT season should this one not work out. ...So in reality, we have a good shot already at next year too.

srt4eh
11-21-2008, 08:11 AM
thats friggin awesome!