PDA

View Full Version : time for a new stall converter

0TransAm0
11-16-2008, 03:39 PM
so my girlfriend is getting me one for xmas because my POS fuddle is exactly that a major POS... its been grinding under load when it goes into or is in lockup from day one..ive just been dealing with it..

anyways i was wondering what do you guys recomend as far as brand goes?

my fuddle if i remember correctly is a 3400 with a 2.?? str

i was wondering if i should get a bigger one also like a 3600 or 4000 but my car is a DD and it gets driven from spring to fall rain or shine..

thanks for the help
Mike

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
11-16-2008, 05:19 PM
It all depends on what you have done to the cart and what you plan on doing down the road.

WilliamZ
11-16-2008, 06:32 PM
I have a broken Yank 3600SS that I forgot I had until I came across it this weekend. It can get sent in to be fixed for $250. I paid $800 for it and only have a couple thousand miles on it. It broke when I broke my input shaft and if you're interested send me a pm. I was really happy with that converter and I drove the car everyday.

Breecher_7
11-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Ive always had good luck with precision industries converters in the past. I think a 3600 would be a good choice.

0TransAm0
11-16-2008, 06:41 PM
It all depends on what you have done to the cart and what you plan on doing down the road.

car is cammed with a 224/581 112 lsa cam with all supporting mods and a ls6 intake mani with full exhaust( LT's OFY and magnaflow catback) plus lots of suspension stuff.... as for plans down the road.... i don't really know i would love to throw a procharger on it but that probably wont happen for at least 2 years...

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
11-16-2008, 06:44 PM
car is cammed with a 224/581 112 lsa cam with all supporting mods and a ls6 intake mani with full exhaust( LT's OFY and magnaflow catback) plus lots of suspension stuff.... as for plans down the road.... i don't really know i would love to throw a procharger on it but that probably wont happen for at least 2 years...

With those mods, i wouldn't go less than a 3600. I'm getting a 3200 Yank to install in the spring, but then again i don't have as many mods.

Breecher_7
11-16-2008, 06:55 PM
3600-3800 with that setup. Remember, higher the stall, the more fun the car is... :rolf

0TransAm0
11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
3600-3800 with that setup. Remember, higher the stall, the more fun the car is... :rolf

yeah i hear yeah on that but as it is im going threw a set of rear tires every summer...hell i didn't even make it to the darg strip this year.. :)

Breecher_7
11-16-2008, 07:02 PM
yeah i hear yeah on that but as it is im going threw a set of rear tires every summer...hell i didn't even make it to the darg strip this year.. :)

Eh, all in all I wouldnt consider that to bad. isnt $4-600 worth a summer of fun? It is to me. :thumbsup

0TransAm0
11-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Eh, all in all I wouldnt consider that to bad. isnt $4-600 worth a summer of fun? It is to me. :thumbsup

shit i get the cheep shit tires only 99 bucks a piece the sumitomo htr's i figure why spend more when it doesn't matter how good they are i will burn them up in a year anyway.... :)

A B4C Z
11-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Get a YANK

Beagle
11-17-2008, 02:20 AM
I have a Fuddle in my car its a 3600 stall its not bad at all on the street after awhile you kinda forget its there. I have had no problems with it at all. I daily drive the car and when i say that I mean I really drive the car alot and hard. I probably have close to 20k on it already and it was installed last summer. Your going to spend some cash on a good name converter. But you will get what you pay for. Id get a Yank or a Vigilante.

0TransAm0
11-17-2008, 02:42 PM
I have a Fuddle in my car its a 3600 stall its not bad at all on the street after awhile you kinda forget its there. I have had no problems with it at all. I daily drive the car and when i say that I mean I really drive the car alot and hard. I probably have close to 20k on it already and it was installed last summer. Your going to spend some cash on a good name converter. But you will get what you pay for. Id get a Yank or a Vigilante.

yeah i drive the shit out of my car too. i treat every corner as if i was road racing and am very heavy on the gas all the time... you got lucky without haveing any problems from fuddle...lots of people got screwd by them when they first started selling stalls and i was one of them....