PDA

View Full Version : Accident at Southridge Mall Kills One, Injures Three

Holeshot
11-14-2008, 09:08 PM
She said her throttle stuck. :goof Ummm yeah right.
This is tragic. Wisconsin DMV testing laws are a joke. What if this was your family.

A woman loses control of her vehicle in the Southridge Mall parking lot, killing one woman and injuring three other people. The victims were sent to three different hospitals.

http://www.myfoxmilwaukee.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7867360&version=8&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

tommyt5078
11-14-2008, 09:12 PM
That's f-ing crazy.................Hey let's go to the mall and walk around.......One it could of been you or I and two, people saw others die :eek: of laying their died.......SAD!!!!!

GTSLOW
11-14-2008, 09:20 PM

My thoughts exactly. :rolleyes:

1BadBytch
11-14-2008, 09:37 PM
how sad..

ive always thought that once people reach a certain age .. say like 55 or 60 ... they should by required to retake their drivers test( written and road ) in order to still be legally able to drive.

u_say_go
11-14-2008, 10:19 PM
very sad. as soon as I saw that crumbled up baby stroller, my heart sank! I really with law makers would get it thru their stupid brains that driving is a privilage, not a right! take this dumb broad's license forever, and make sure she can never register a vehicle again. is it that hard?!
I hope the injured kids and woman heal quickly.

HAMRHEAD
11-14-2008, 10:48 PM
I am sorry for the death but grateful the children are alive and appear to be okay.

HITMAN
11-14-2008, 11:54 PM
how sad..

ive always thought that once people reach a certain age .. say like 55 or 60 ... they should by required to retake their drivers test( written and road ) in order to still be legally able to drive.

Uh oh, here comes Gramps SS...:rolleyes:

For whatever it's worth, I agree and said as much when the old bag drove in reverse into Chad's (Smokey1226) Shell station, almost killing him and taking out half of the store...:loser

lordairgtar
11-14-2008, 11:57 PM
how sad..

I'm 54 and can probably out drive you.:devil I'm sure Wayne will have something to add to it, but I'm older than him. Maybe when they reach 75 though.

scaleracer
11-15-2008, 01:00 AM
That's sad but I'm glad the kids were alright.. I also think older people (not sure what age I would say to start retakes) should take driving tests some are hazardous but all age groups can be..

nismodave
11-15-2008, 04:28 PM
No driving after 65 IMO.

Karps TA
11-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Had it been a 18 year old in a muscle car they would throw the book at the kid

Had it been a 25 year old who had 1 beer they would throw the book at the person.

But this lady will get a small fine and it will be called an accident. Opps

CobraSnake
11-15-2008, 05:46 PM
No driving after 65 IMO.

I wouldn't say "NO" driving but I feel once a person hits that age they should have to be retested every 5 years or so after 65.

Mark

HAMRHEAD
11-15-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm 54 and can probably out drive you.:devil I'm sure Wayne will have something to add to it, but I'm older than him. Maybe when they reach 75 though.

Yeah but you would do fine on the test then. There are many others that wouldn't. After 60 it should be a retest of site and hearing by a doctor everyother year or every year to renew.

Silver86
11-15-2008, 06:56 PM
throttle stuck my ass... i have that same truck and have done my research. and there are no instances of the throttle ever getting/being stuck. the only problem i found was on the s/c model with an oil overheating problem.

Holeshot
11-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Had it been a 18 year old in a muscle car they would throw the book at the kid

Had it been a 25 year old who had 1 beer they would throw the book at the person.

But this lady will get a small fine and it will be called an accident. Opps

Your probably right. Sad but true.

pOrk
11-15-2008, 07:21 PM

Good, all you would have to do is prove it to someone at the DMV and your lisc is good for another 5 years, right?

I don't know why older people get offended by these suggestions, I am going to get old too and I'm stubborn as a bull so no way in hell I'm going to stop driving on my own. If I were to test and fail, it would be a reality check.

RanJer
11-15-2008, 07:28 PM

"I pushed the brake as all the way too the floor, it just kept accelerating...the long one is the brake, right?"

u_say_go
11-15-2008, 07:43 PM
there's a minimum age requirement...why not a max? IF it's true that the accelerator stuck, why didn't that stoopid broad either A) stand with both feet on the brake B) throw the car into neutral and let 'er blow up?

Holeshot
11-15-2008, 07:57 PM
there's a minimum age requirement...why not a max? IF it's true that the accelerator stuck, why didn't that stoopid broad either A) stand with both feet on the brake B) throw the car into neutral and let 'er blow up?

People panic and cant think to do that sometimes. Not defending the Qtip by any means. Hell when your in your sixties you cant remember what you did 1/2 hour ago let alone try to control a 2 ton SUV. She smacked that van hard as hell, It deployed both air bags in her truck.

LIZMO
11-15-2008, 09:31 PM
i was watching it on the news like when they had breaking news... i was in awe. then i took a nap and woke up to them saying 'the grandma died' and was in bigger awe. wtf. crazy ppl.

Troutman
11-15-2008, 10:23 PM
throttle stuck my ass... i have that same truck and have done my research. and there are no instances of the throttle ever getting/being stuck. the only problem i found was on the s/c model with an oil overheating problem.

arent all nissan throttle by wire?

LEWETHETIGER73
11-15-2008, 10:47 PM
We must all remember the lives and well being of the senior citizens is more important then those of a few whipper snappers. :fire

How many more must die before something is finally done about it. The main reason nothing ever changes is what is the dominate age catagory for elections? Something to think about.

Silver86
11-15-2008, 11:21 PM
arent all nissan throttle by wire?

i dont believe mine is... i think it might me all 2005 and newer

Troutman
11-17-2008, 10:09 AM
i dont believe mine is... i think it might me all 2005 and newer

i know my 03 Sentra is, so i assumed they did it for all. again not sure what year and for what model they started

Windsors 03 Cobra
11-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Accidents happen every day, R.I.P.