PDA

View Full Version : Drag Suspension

Slow Joe
11-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Lookin for some ideas on drag suspension for a new edge ('99-04) Stang ....

I was thinking that most likely springs/shocks, some kind of rear upper/lower control arm... But then I noticed 5 link rear ends and all kinds of stuff...

Anything that will make this thing hook better than stock would be great!

The car will not be a dedicated drag car, but more of a weekend warrior mixed with a bit of cruising.

Ideas/Input is great! :D

Flicktitty
11-13-2008, 11:18 PM
cold day in hell your gonna mod the mach?

Slow Joe
11-14-2008, 07:07 AM
*blinks* We'll just say it's for a New Edge car with a Solid Rear axle... Then we'll see the outcome next season... :D

HRSEPLA
11-14-2008, 07:25 AM
The best drag suspension for that car right now is a set of Mickey Thompson Drag Radials! Done 275/40/17, or get the widened Mach rims and go for the big tires!

Or I have a *drag* IRS I will trade you for your solid.. lol

wrath
11-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Double-triangulated fourlink with coilovers. Ain't need no stinkin' trunk.

Reverend Cooper
11-14-2008, 08:38 AM
if you put a full drag kit in that car youll hate it

Breecher_7
11-14-2008, 08:46 AM

Agreed. Say goodbye to any decent handling.

Crawlin
11-14-2008, 08:48 AM

Unless this plans to be a dedicated drag car, then he's absolutely right.

I'd just do some adjustable rear shocks/springs. Got the upper/lower control arms taking care of with with the poly bushings, and then like same said, some sticky tires.

best of both worlds before going "FULL DRAG" with a Wolfe solid rear sway bar, hiem joint ends on the suspension pieces, etc...

Slow Joe
11-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I wasn't really thinking full drag kit... I'm just looking for something that'd work well at the strip, since as I said it's not a dedicated drag car.

Thanks for the input guys... It just reinforced my gut feeling on what to get...

RanJer
11-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I wasn't really thinking full drag kit... I'm just looking for something that'd work well at the strip, since as I said it's not a dedicated drag car.

Thanks for the input guys... It just reinforced my gut feeling on what to get...

4.10s, DRs and a 200 hit?

:devil

yellow vert
11-14-2008, 11:08 AM
If it were my car, I would get a set of UPR street / strip upper and lower control arms with Steeda drag springs and Tokico adjustable drag shocks. Also a set of Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radial.

Waver
11-14-2008, 05:41 PM
I am going with coilovers on mine with some adj shocks

Reverend Cooper
11-14-2008, 06:53 PM
get the steeda adjustable uppers and lowers with poly bushings,adjust the pinion angle a bit some gears a dr's with nos or blower and its all good in the hood

scottie K
11-14-2008, 07:15 PM
rear springs. and DR

STANMAN
11-14-2008, 08:14 PM
If it were my car, I would get a set of UPR street / strip upper and lower control arms with Steeda drag springs and Tokico adjustable drag shocks. Also a set of Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radial.

Replace UPR with BMR and that is like my exact set up:rolf (except I have Nittos on it now, soon to be M/T's now that they have my size, and I have control arm relocation brackets)

Joe, if you want to drive in a car with this set up just let me know:thumbsup It's not that bad, I wish I would have stuck with poly ends instead of heim joints on the panhard bar, but it's all a learning process!!

Reverend Cooper
11-14-2008, 11:14 PM
DO NOT buy BMR parts for that mach 1 Joe. they are junk. I almost had a upper pull apart on my car which could have caused major damage and or accident on my car.

Slow Joe
11-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Funny thing...

I was thinking Steeda Drag Springs, Steeda HD Rear Swaybar, Steeda Tubular Front Swaybar, Tokico Adjustable Drag Struts/Shocks, Steeda Aluminum Upper & Lower Control Arms, and MT DRs...

As everyone knows from my last car I'm a "steeda nut swinger"

Stangman98
11-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Call Jeremy at UPR and get there uppers and lowers, some Strange 10 way adjustable rear shocks, stock coils (none of the aftermarket is all the great with those unless they are drag dedicated) with some drag radials and you will be good to go.