PDA

View Full Version : Bull Run!

Heat Seeker WS6
11-13-2008, 06:59 AM
About a year/year-and half ago I got in touch with the people putting on the Bull Run coast to coast event and eventually built a profile on thier site. Ive also spoke with Milke Alsop & a few others who've done the event finding more about 'how' to get in on it. Ive had an interest in doing the Gumball or Bull Run for a couple of years- as Todd Zimmer (Zdot) & I met up with the Gumballers a few years back and met Dustin (yellow Bimmer) and a few others.
Well, last night I got an email from the casting director requesting more info!
its a long shot to do this, but Im going for it and asked Josh (Turtle) to be my team mate.
Nov 28th & 29th they fly finalists & thier cars to LA for more on-site stuff.
The actual run itself is from Dec 1 to Dec 20th!

Quote- "20 teams will be flown to LA on Nov. 28th for finals on Nov. 29th. Only 12 teams will be selected and the rally begins Dec. 1 - Dec 20th. Cars will be transported and all expenses will be paid."

This is an absolute loooongshot, and Im sure you can guess the odds to get in muchless be a finalist in it, but here we go! :banana
Im not sure if anyone else I know has also entered this or anything, but if someone wants to get some BCM decal made up- just in case....that'd be cool.:thumbsup

More info later

Z28Envy
11-13-2008, 07:10 AM
That's awesome John! It would be great if you get selected so I wish you two luck!!:thumbsup

Karps TA
11-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Awesome.

If you make it remember to have as much drama as possible. Like you and Josh should get into a fistfight everyleg, or always be trying to get/give truckstop bj's. That will get you as much screen time as possible.

jbiscuit
11-13-2008, 08:09 AM
just bring along a midget for your mechanic and a small monkey named Mon Chi Chi as your navigator and and make sure to point out that Mon Chi Chi is here illegally from Mexico and hopes to marry Josh, your co-pilot to earn his green card. OH and drink a lot of Schlitz on camera.

GTSLOW
11-13-2008, 08:30 AM
About a year/year-and half ago I got in touch with the people putting on the Bull Run coast to coast event and eventually built a profile on thier site. Ive also spoke with Milke Alsop & a few others who've done the event finding more about 'how' to get in on it. Ive had an interest in doing the Gumball or Bull Run for a couple of years- as Todd Zimmer (Zdot) & I met up with the Gumballers a few years back and met Dustin (yellow Bimmer) and a few others.
Well, last night I got an email from the casting director requesting more info!
its a long shot to do this, but Im going for it and asked Josh (Turtle) to be my team mate.
Nov 28th & 29th they fly finalists & thier cars to LA for more on-site stuff.
The actual run itself is from Dec 1 to Dec 20th!

Quote- "20 teams will be flown to LA on Nov. 28th for finals on Nov. 29th. Only 12 teams will be selected and the rally begins Dec. 1 - Dec 20th. Cars will be transported and all expenses will be paid."

This is an absolute loooongshot, and Im sure you can guess the odds to get in muchless be a finalist in it, but here we go! :banana
Im not sure if anyone else I know has also entered this or anything, but if someone wants to get some BCM decal made up- just in case....that'd be clool.:thumbsup

More info later

Is this the same event where the red t/a won last season?

Cutlass Queen
11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
congrats john! :headbang

Josepy
11-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Is this the same event where the red t/a won last season?

Yes it is.

GTSLOW
11-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Two red t/a's winning in a row, that'd be sick! :rock:

97z2801ss
11-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Congrats john, better bring the drama!

07ROUSHSTG3
11-13-2008, 12:56 PM
good luck.

and we all expect tons of shameless BCM plugs during filming!!

Waver
11-13-2008, 12:58 PM
if you get on, make sure you go out of your way and get those time bonuses......hell that is what saved that truck time and time again....and dont get lost

xxtremeteam
11-13-2008, 01:25 PM
turtle is cool but if you want more tv time you better find someone hot to sit co pilot for you!!! good luck!- if they come through wisconsin maybe bcm will have to get in the other teams way

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
11-13-2008, 01:27 PM
turtle is cool but if you want more tv time you better find someone hot to sit co pilot for you!!! good luck!- if they come through wisconsin maybe bcm will have to get in the other teams way

I'll run blocker for 400 cases of illegial brewery - Smokey and the Bandit:rolf

94greenbandit
11-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Good luck I hope it happens for you. It was cool watching that show the first time

Heat Seeker WS6
11-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the support!

Now to start throwing everything together with no time to do it! :banana

Im not sure what all the stipulations are yet, but if anyone with a business and an interest in helping sponsor this venture while getting an awesome advertising oppertunity, with a 'little bit of exposure' lol let me know.:thumbsup

So far I'd like to thank Corvette Sport for the assistance with the Z06 brake upgrade. :headbang

b4mytm
11-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Good Luck John!!

Goat Roper
11-13-2008, 06:18 PM
I will give you my 20D and a lens to use if you get in so you can get all the shots :thumbsup

lordairgtar
11-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah, lots o pics. Hope you get chosen.

tommyt5078
11-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Good luck and keep us posted :thumbsup

Heat Seeker WS6
11-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Did some tweaking of my Bullrun profile

http://bullrun.com/user/94

Gonna show these prehistoric bishes how we do things downtown :headbang

94greenbandit
11-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Nice profile

nismodave
11-13-2008, 09:35 PM
....and asked Josh (Turtle) to be my team mate.

http://photos.freshalloy.com/gallery/d/25329-1/tn_VImage152_001.jpg

Goat Roper
11-13-2008, 09:39 PM

Lmao, perfect

STANMAN
11-13-2008, 10:02 PM

Bevis (Turtle)- Gauges, this thing needs more gauges.....gauges.....GAUGES....hehehehe

Butthead (John)-shut up Bevis, this thing doesn't even have a turbo, why would it need gauges????

Bevis-Gauges butthead.....GAUGES!!!!!!

Butthead-UHHHHH, huh-huh shut up ass munch, I told you the only reason you're hear is to watch out for poles with heavy gauge wires attached to them....and to get nachos huh-huh-huh

Bevis-I am the great GAUGEHOLIO, I need gauges for non turbo!!!

I am friends with both John and Turtle BTW, and just poking fun, no-one get their panties in a bunch, it's all in good humor:thumbsup If they roll through Milwaukee, they know Santa's sleigh would run some interference for them:shades

97z2801ss
11-14-2008, 03:17 AM
I was gonna ask, you going for sponsors john? speed inc or something like that?

Heat Seeker WS6
11-14-2008, 06:58 AM
I was gonna ask, you going for sponsors john? speed inc or something like that?

Yep!

I already have Corvette Sport out of Sheboygan Falls on board. They're assisting with the Z06 brake upgrade. I have a few other leads Im following up on. But with something this big and so little time to get stuff done, any help is appreciated.

The event is charity based, so I'll have info pertaining to that very shortly. I also have 'something' for one of our members I'd like to do- hoping that can help them & others in thier situation in some way.

97z2801ss
11-14-2008, 04:58 PM
john, keep us updated!

GRAMPS SS
11-14-2008, 05:38 PM

the DREAM TEAM...

Heat Seeker WS6
11-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Graphics from Corvette Sport for the car are being made tonight/tomorrow.
Also I'm in beginning stages of hopefully getting FQuick on board as a sponsor.

Going to spend the weekend getting the car ready should this go down. New Plugs & etc as well as scrubbing the engine bay.

I'm glad I rewired the speakers & headunit a few weeks back!

lol anyone wanna pitch in for gas?

Todd Z
11-14-2008, 07:59 PM
John, I am in if Josh can't go!!! :banana1: :banana :headbang:thumbsup

Heat Seeker WS6
11-14-2008, 08:01 PM
John, I am in if Josh can't go!!! :banana1: :banana :headbang:thumbsup

You bet :thumbsup

michelle
11-14-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm in if they can't go!

I just wanted to be cool too. (:

Heat Seeker WS6
11-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Saturdays update:

Looks like they're doing everything they can to make this hard on everybody! If it's to weed out those not willing to put all effort into it, it's definately going to do that! :thumbsup
EVERYONE's profiles were deleted along with all supporting boards today! So everyone has to do everything all over again.... under a totally different format :wow
http://bullrun.com/user/94

So re-doing it all over agian and it's going to be a work-in-progress for a bit while staying on task with everything else with chasing parts, vendors & etc down. If anything, im putting that much more effort into this because of thier schenanagans :devil Putting us that much closer hopefully

Parts/Sponsors:
While still trying to get ahold of LG for thier C5/Z06 brake adapter, UMI Products stepped up with some real good info, so its looking like I'll prob be using thier product instead. LG did too much snozing- so they loose-ed :)
LG stickers wont look good on the car anyways :D

formul8
11-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Keep it shiny side up and good luck, John. :)

boostin350z
11-15-2008, 03:43 PM
a gtr owner on the z website got the same thing, and made a thread asking for co-drivers

Heat Seeker WS6
11-15-2008, 04:12 PM
a gtr owner on the z website got the same thing, and made a thread asking for co-drivers

cool he got one!

but the open invite for a co-driver is gutsy in my opinion-
I'd never ask someone other than those I have absolute personal trust in to co-drive anything like this. There's got to be mutual trust in many aspects. Also, the ability to competitively drive MY car if need be and really know what they're doing behind the wheel; proven navigation skills; and be a compliment to my strengths & weaknesses/visa versa and be able to handle stress together & each others mess ups (it will happen) w/o totally breaking down the team.
Hence, for me theres only 3 track proven choices I'd even consider for this. JP's the 3rd but he's gotta work :goof

Todd Z
11-15-2008, 07:25 PM
John, Driving a car up a wire would propbably be considered one of my weaknesses. LOL

Heat Seeker WS6
11-15-2008, 07:43 PM
John, Driving a car up a wire would propbably be considered one of my weaknesses. LOL

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf lol as long as we can keep the carnage below that level we're all good :thumbsup

Heat Seeker WS6
11-15-2008, 11:49 PM
The new profile is all done and the very last of the info's been sent in. Not many are doing it it seems like, but Im going to make a car walk-around vid tomorrow and send that in too.
Now its outfitting the car, babysitting the forum and waiting for the over phone interview.

srt4eh
11-16-2008, 01:28 AM
congrats man...hope you make it!

lordairgtar
11-16-2008, 01:57 AM
Looked at the Bull Run site. You represent, dude, represent. Looks to be a hot chick in the running too. Any chance for some during event romance?

Waver
11-16-2008, 03:35 AM
hey john, have turtleswitch his car to yours...seems like that is what a lot of the team drivers are doing, like last years winners, the alsops....seems like it could be fun....id almost want to subject my car to the punnishment to do this....

SSDude
11-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Good luck:thumbsup