PDA

View Full Version : Electronics/Computer disposal

wrath
11-12-2008, 11:24 AM
I have some old Dell PowerEdge servers at work I need to dispose of. I'd rather not pay anything to get rid of them. Is there a place with a Wisconsin Tax ID number that will take equipment for free? All the ones in the phone book are defunct.

4eyedstang
11-12-2008, 11:27 AM
The youthful offenders prison in Racine county will take them for free but you will have to pay $10 per monitor i you have any.
not sure about the tax thing tho.

4eyedstang
11-12-2008, 11:28 AM
i would also recommend contacting any prisons in your area. most of them have a computer recycling program

77thor
11-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Try this.... http://www.deadcomputers.com/sewisconsin/

wikked
11-12-2008, 12:31 PM
specs? :)

Rocket Power
11-12-2008, 01:08 PM
I think the goodwill stores have drop offs for computer stuff

wrath
11-12-2008, 01:33 PM
I need a tax id number and someone willing to sign a waiver for me to get rid of them.

CobraSnake
11-12-2008, 01:37 PM
I would not pay anything to dispose of them. If I had to pay I would just go throw them in a dumpster.

Mark

4eyedstang
11-12-2008, 01:51 PM
I need a tax id number and someone willing to sign a waiver for me to get rid of them.

why? are you trying write it off?

i have taken many computers ,copy machines,printers and fax machine to ethier sturdevant prison or the youthful offenders prison for free and they just take everything apart and recycle the different components and make shivs and shit.
i work for a non profit org. so i never bothered with any tax info but they would probably be your best bet because everyone else will charge you to get rid of it.

wrath
11-12-2008, 02:03 PM
No, I need a paper trail so to prove that it is supposed to actually get recycled and not end up in the dumpster. We have a place that we can pay to get rid of stuff. However, these are PE4600s and while not speeddemons by any means they still have some value. So I'd rather give them to someone that is going to sell the parts of fleabay to keep their nonprofit or small business afloat or whatever than pay to get rid of them to our normal company that just flat out scraps them.

Normally this kind of stuff I donate to local schools but these are just too old and too big for anyone to want except for spare parts.