PDA

View Full Version : How to donate to Yoo's family?

Greg@GLD
11-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Sorry if I missed it, but.. is there either a paypal DONATE link or perhaps an address to send money to? We would like to notify people on MMA about this, but we want to post the correct info. Can somebody help me out here? Andy did you set something up?

Any help appreciated very much.

Silver350
11-10-2008, 07:48 AM
According to Nismo there should be something set up today or tomorrow. I asked the same ? yesterday

y2kws6
11-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Jacki and I are wondering that too. Even an address that we could send a gift card from walmart (Food and clothing, needs) or something.

Dan

Cryptic
11-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Yoosof will not be able to work for 6-8 months.... So mortgage money is what is scaring him the most.

jbiscuit
11-10-2008, 12:17 PM
what about some sort of fundraiser??

Greg@GLD
11-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Yoosof will not be able to work for 6-8 months.... So mortgage money is what is scaring him the most.

This site has a lot of members. We raised thousands of dollars on MMA for our friend Dave Bandt when he had a brain tumor. He had a very lethal form of cancer and it ultimately won out, but Dave needed and appreciated the help from everyone. He said he lived off the money we raised for several months.
This is going to be a long battle for Yoo, no matter how it turns out. One of things we did was have a race day at GLD and we took the proceeds and gave it all to Dave. We could do something like that in spring...

Several years ago, on a moment's notice, Yoo helped me out when I needed it. It's time to return the favor.

That_Guy
11-10-2008, 12:22 PM
what about some sort of fundraiser??

car show!!!!!!!!!!1

:headbang lets get project 2 involved

Josepy
11-10-2008, 12:24 PM
car show!!!!!!!!!!1

no time for a car show.

jbiscuit
11-10-2008, 12:24 PM
its getting a bit cold for a car show....it would be 6 months EASY before that would have a good turnout.

That_Guy
11-10-2008, 12:35 PM
true... maybe a big bcm potluck ...idk im just throwing ideas out there... or a bcm bar night .. get donations that way..

isnt there somebody who manages an bar on here.. a rather well frequented one ...

Holeshot
11-10-2008, 12:38 PM
I would think he could get extended medical leave and partial salary through his employer if that is who he has insurance with. I will donate what I can. Prayers sent. Deb should make a list of what the kids need so we can shop for them too. Christmas is right around the corner and we cant let Yoo think hes letting the family down.

CobraSnake
11-10-2008, 12:39 PM
true... maybe a big bcm potluck ...idk im just throwing ideas out there... or a bcm bar night .. get donations that way..

isnt there somebody who manages an bar on here.. a rather well frequented one ...

Neal runs Mugshots in West Allis.

Mark

Daytonapacecar959
11-10-2008, 03:06 PM
You know i'd do whatever i can to help Yoo.When i needed some help a couple years ago Yoo and you guys were there for me so here's my chance to pay someone back for the help they gave me.

JC70SS
11-10-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm in for something.

michelle
11-10-2008, 04:24 PM
I would think he could get extended medical leave and partial salary through his employer if that is who he has insurance with. I will donate what I can. Prayers sent. Deb should make a list of what the kids need so we can shop for them too. Christmas is right around the corner and we cant let Yoo think hes letting the family down.

x2.

Troutman
11-10-2008, 05:00 PM
car show!!!!!!!!!!1

as much as i hate freezing my ass off, a winter beater car show could be kind of entertaining. beer/brats/ hot choc. awards of corny stuff like most rust, best view of the road seen through the floor..etc..

or if somehow we could rent out a large parking lot, a winter autox could be a possibility..... but then safety is a concern.

PB86MCSS
11-10-2008, 05:31 PM

x3

I would think Yoosef is eligible for unemployment possibly too, since he can't work for the time being...if not through his insurance/employer. People with strokes or other instances where they can't work again typically get help from the government or medicaid, etc. and aren't left out to dry. I wish I knew more though.

nismodave
11-10-2008, 05:31 PM
GO HERE!!!:)

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33160

Greg@GLD
11-10-2008, 06:55 PM
GO HERE!!!:)

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33160

Awesome! Thanks you guys! I posted donation requests on MMA and Wisconsin Street Dominators too. If you don't have paypal and aren't in close proximity to Andrew Toyota, send a check or money order made out to Yoosof Fazal to:

Midwest Mustang Association
5464 N. Port Washington Road, Suite 277
Milwaukee, WI 53217

I'll make sure any donations get to Mike Cooper. (Andrew is right around the corner from our mailing address)

Reverend Cooper
11-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks Greg I was going to contact you about this tonite once Dave and I decided on a plan. Any and all forms of help are needed. Thank you MMA. WSD and Brew City Muscle. I can gladly pick up donations as needed also. My job schedule is long hours but I will find the time to do so.

u_say_go
11-10-2008, 10:46 PM
just tossing out an idea....how about a bowling tournament/outing to help raise some cash? I'm sure without really trying, we could get 100 people to show up. drop $10-$20 in a bucket as you walk in...bowl against your buddies or enemies from here for some $$ and drop that in the bucket...maybe the bowling alley could contribute a portion of their proceeds from the day's event.
Before ya know it, we've got his mortgage payment covered for a few months.....
oh yeah...and if you show up without a x-mas gift for his kids, Irish gets to judo chop you in the neck right at the door!:thumbsup

I'm not really "in" with any bowling centers, but I'm sure some of you here are on leagues and know the owners. If not, I'll do some leg work.

Jason

Cryptic
11-10-2008, 11:04 PM
My girlfriend also mentioned that Kelly's Bleachers does help organize fund raising events. I might look into that.

xxtremeteam
11-10-2008, 11:06 PM
are there any bar owners on the site who could help set something up with there bar/resturant?

lordairgtar
11-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Is this something the Justice League Of Car Clubs would be interested in pursuing? We could spread this around to the other forums and clubs. I hope the JLCC wasn't just a one time thing.

theavenger333
11-11-2008, 12:12 AM
are there any bar owners on the site who could help set something up with there bar/resturant?

been working on somethin, but with the latest turn of events on yoosof's condition, we're focusing on just keeping him here, his condition is very serious. there are some things being worked on, but for now yoosof and his family need our prayers mostly

Korndogg
11-11-2008, 05:24 PM
just tossing out an idea....how about a bowling tournament/outing to help raise some cash? I'm sure without really trying, we could get 100 people to show up. drop $10-$20 in a bucket as you walk in...bowl against your buddies or enemies from here for some $$ and drop that in the bucket...maybe the bowling alley could contribute a portion of their proceeds from the day's event.
Before ya know it, we've got his mortgage payment covered for a few months.....
oh yeah...and if you show up without a x-mas gift for his kids, Irish gets to judo chop you in the neck right at the door!:thumbsup

I'm not really "in" with any bowling centers, but I'm sure some of you here are on leagues and know the owners. If not, I'll do some leg work.

Jason

I actually PMed this exact idea to dave last night. :goof

nismodave
11-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Im sure we will have an event or MANY events soon. We will all put our heads together and get some things orginized soon.

Right now we all just want to see him get over this latest huge hurdle and then we can all put our time and effort into fundraisers.:)

Memphis
11-11-2008, 07:42 PM
We could do something similar at Romines (or any place with lots of tables)with the bucket idea and a round robin type of pool on multiple tables. Each game you lose, drop $XX in the bucket, plan as long or as little as you like.

Memphis
11-11-2008, 07:46 PM
This site has a lot of members. We raised thousands of dollars on MMA for our friend Dave Bandt when he had a brain tumor. He had a very lethal form of cancer and it ultimately won out, but Dave needed and appreciated the help from everyone. He said he lived off the money we raised for several months.
This is going to be a long battle for Yoo, no matter how it turns out. One of things we did was have a race day at GLD and we took the proceeds and gave it all to Dave. We could do something like that in spring...

Several years ago, on a moment's notice, Yoo helped me out when I needed it. It's time to return the favor.

Greg, you're not the only one. He will do that for anyone as we all know, that's what makes him who he is and why we all feel such a sense of urgency and desire to do all we can.:thumbsup

b4mytm
11-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Is this something the Justice League Of Car Clubs would be interested in pursuing? We could spread this around to the other forums and clubs. I hope the JLCC wasn't just a one time thing.

I just e-mailed Trinastic about it.