PDA

View Full Version : ~ Stereo, Speaker and some wiring install ~ Side work $$$

awsomeears
11-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm purchasing all new ( 6 ) Alpine speakers to match my Alpine deck :thumbsup
Next week I should have everything at my house, usually I would tackle this myself but I have to much of my own stuff going on. So I'm willing to pay a Skilled stereo installer to do this.

DIY/ Newbies do not Waste my Friggin time :rolf

I know a few guys in here do it for a living, I think pilly O and another guy does.

I have a 93 Plymouth Grand Voyager w/factory infinity setup ( its all blown and shot )
This setup has the factory amped speakers and I would like to convert it. To do that each speaker needs wire ran to it, by-passing the amps is the goal here.

Tweeters are 5 1/4, Doors are 5x7 and rear hatch has 6x9's. I'm also going to add a small 8" or 10" sub in the future. I will have RCA Cables and a Remote turn on wire for the installer to hook it up on the Deck of course but only to dangle them near the floor so when the time comes for a little bit of base I can run the RCA wires and be good to go.

I'm unsure of what gage wire to run to the speakers, ill leave that up to the installer. Again if you do this or used to do this for a living you should be prepared :thumbsup

- Brad -

PureSound15
11-10-2008, 08:49 AM
PMed you.

Also - wire guage for the speaker wires doesn't really matter. You're not putting enough power through it to make a difference. Run the standard small stuff.

CobraSnake
11-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Bad Cutt fixed some crazy wiring in my wifes Grand Am. I don't know if this would be up his alley but I do believe he is a master tech of some sort so he should know his stuff. Shoot him a PM and see if he can help.

Mark

awsomeears
11-10-2008, 12:56 PM
PMed you.

Also - wire guage for the speaker wires doesn't really matter. You're not putting enough power through it to make a difference. Run the standard small stuff.

I got your PM and I will call your buddy :thumbsup