PDA

View Full Version : Formula D drifting on ESPNC TWC #116

SmokinRAM114
11-08-2008, 02:46 PM
its on all day and i have been watching it, but wtf is the point of drifting? i dont get whats so cool about it?? why do you like it or hate it?

CobraSnake
11-08-2008, 03:24 PM
I think it is a awesome sport to be a part of because it takes a lot of skill to be able to drift. But, I don't think its that great to watch.

Mark

Karps TA
11-08-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't get it as a sport, too much like ice skating for me. However I'd love to learn how to do it, or atleast be able to try doing it in an empty parking lot without being hassled.

Heat Seeker WS6
11-08-2008, 04:53 PM
I can appreciate it for the skills it takes to drift a car around the courses like they do, but they go through a crap-ton of tires us mere mortals cant afford to buy.
Overall it doesnt interest me and Im sure most good canyon carvers can drop down a gear or 2 and do pretty much the same with some practice.
I prefer to have a car neutral or slight loose so you have more precision going around a course... and doing it quicker.

I turned NASCAR back on when I heard the annoncer say , "Tanner Faust is getting gangsta on the bank!"

lordairgtar
11-08-2008, 05:36 PM
I don't get it as a sport, too much like ice skating for me. However I'd love to learn how to do it, or atleast be able to try doing it in an empty parking lot without being hassled.
That's it!!! It's ice skating with cars. Now all you need to do as add some gay music and some judges to hold up ranking numbers.

Silver86
11-08-2008, 08:07 PM
That's it!!! It's ice skating with cars. Now all you need to do as add some gay music and some judges to hold up ranking numbers.

dont they already have that?

Al
11-09-2008, 01:18 AM

Correction: you are thinking of WRC.

nismodave
11-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Motorsports should not be judged.

That being said, I LOVE drifting for the mere fact that my chassis is very popular in drifting, and is big in creating a market for aftermarket/performance parts for my car.:thumbsup