PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Cellphone Help

WickedSix
11-08-2008, 09:46 AM
So I was out downtown last night and something happened to my phone. It fell into the water....in the toilet....it flickered for a little bit so I shut it down to let it dry out in hopes it would "work itself out"........but now the keypad lights up but the screens are blank...

any recommendations? or somebody got a decent verizon phone they'd like to part with?

Holeshot
11-08-2008, 10:12 AM
let it dry a week or so

MoCkiN U
11-08-2008, 11:40 AM
that sucks!!! I'm on vacation till tuesday. i can do something then if you dont have it fixed yet

RanJer
11-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Sounds weird but it has worked for me.. set your oven at like 200* and put it in there for for a bit. Just watch it. I've done that to dry out all sorts of small electronics/controllers/other crap.

lordairgtar
11-08-2008, 11:56 AM
So I was out downtown last night and something happened to my phone. It fell into the water....in the toilet....it flickered for a little bit so I shut it down to let it dry out in hopes it would "work itself out"........but now the keypad lights up but the screens are blank...

any recommendations? or somebody got a decent verizon phone they'd like to part with?
Don't anyone shake his hand for a loooooooong time:devil

CobraSnake
11-08-2008, 11:59 AM
I've gotton drunk and swam with my phone many and many of times. My wife used her blow dyer one time and that save one. Otherwise I just went to the cell shop and see if they could fix it. My insurance always covered it though.

Mark

BoosTT
11-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Let it dry in a bag of rice for a week. Usually it'll fix itself, just give it some time.

btw, nice job fishing the phone out of the shitter!! Would it flush?? lol

Car Guy
11-08-2008, 12:26 PM
First a couple very important questions need to be answered.....:rolf

1.) Was anything 'done' by you right before dropping the phone in...??? :shades

-and-

2.) HOW DID YOU GET IT OUT...??? :goof

:rolf :rolf :rolf

LIZMO
11-08-2008, 12:32 PM
haha. I sure hope it was just water.... lol my phone got soaked in water once and a couple days later it was fine

WickedSix
11-08-2008, 09:03 PM
ok well to restate the obvious...I was drunk.... so being it that state I couldn't find my shirt pocket..missed and skipped it into the toilet....previous to any activity on my part...and after the maintenance crew had cleaned it...so being drunk, it being recently cleaned, and not having done anything I fished it out with the tools god gave me... I'm sure i've stuck my hands in far worse but I washed them anyway :rolf

i'm gonna try the rice bag trick first that sounds promising. wish i had some desiccant packs...

MoCkiN U
11-09-2008, 09:32 AM
think thats going to put a new meany to a shitty phone call though.....LOL

Always wanted to say that at work but cant