PDA

View Full Version : I need a job

Exitspeed
11-06-2008, 02:25 PM
FAWK!

Looks like some layoffs and cut backs are coming my departments way soon. I work for a real estate company so it's not a big surprise.

Anyone have any job openings where they work?

I have an associates, tons of business, sales, and management experience.

I can forward my resume and cover letter asap. :) :thumbsup

Thanks in advance.

-Mel

CobraSnake
11-06-2008, 02:44 PM
My mother might be looking for a Buyers agent. Do you have your licsence?

Exitspeed
11-06-2008, 02:51 PM
My mother might be looking for a Buyers agent. Do you have your licsence?

I do not nor am I interested in becoming an agent. My wife is an agent and we've thought about me getting my licensee before and working together. It's just not something I'm interested in.

I appreciate it though.

CobraSnake
11-06-2008, 02:54 PM
so you do clerical work then??? Office work??

Exitspeed
11-06-2008, 02:57 PM
so you do clerical work then??? Office work??

I do currently and it sucks. It was originally just a mindless job for me to work while finishing school. I have a degree in multi media/design. I have 7 years of retail sales experience and sales management experience.

CobraSnake
11-06-2008, 03:14 PM
I do currently and it sucks. It was originally just a mindless job for me to work while finishing school. I have a degree in multi media/design. I have 7 years of retail sales experience and sales management experience.

kinda sounds like me, minus the multi media/design stuff. I've been working retail or commission based jobs since I was 16. So I have 9 years of exp. myself. I'm working a mindless clerical job right now and I couldn't be happier. I miss the extra pay but being able to work and know exactly what your going to get paid is the best. Plus i'm working right now and talking to you on the internet:thumbsup

Mark

Exitspeed
11-06-2008, 03:16 PM
kinda sounds like me, minus the multi media/design stuff. I've been working retail or commission based jobs since I was 16. So I have 9 years of exp. myself. I'm working a mindless clerical job right now and I couldn't be happier. I miss the extra pay but being able to work and know exactly what your going to get paid is the best. Plus i'm working right now and talking to you on the internet:thumbsup

Mark

Yea, we're def. in the same boat. That's why I have like 20,000 posts all over the damn internet. lol.

CobraSnake
11-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Yea, we're def. in the same boat. That's why I have like 20,000 posts all over the damn internet. lol.

thats all I do all day long.

lordairgtar
11-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Look here.
http://www.inprocorp.com/Careers/JobListings.aspx

Exitspeed
11-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Look here.
http://www.inprocorp.com/Careers/JobListings.aspx

Thank you. There's one I'm going to apply for. :thumbsup

Do you work there?

lordairgtar
11-06-2008, 04:36 PM
No, when I was looking for a job for my Son-In-Law, that was a place that wass mentioned. BTW S-I-L got a job at Hall.

Waver
11-06-2008, 04:42 PM
how about a car sales job....I think we might have an opening at northpoint

Exitspeed
11-06-2008, 04:52 PM
how about a car sales job....I think we might have an opening at northpoint

I would LOVE to sell cars. Unfortunately the industry as a whole is down 28% (Mini and Audi were the only to individual brands that were up). I'd rather not leave/loose one insecure job for another.

But the idea has crossed my mind numerous times. I just need something more steady.

RanJer
11-06-2008, 05:06 PM
I can probably get you the most mundane job in the world? it's crap for pay/benefits but I guarantee you won't get fired, ever.

88Nightmare
11-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I too can get you in doing a blue collar job on my shift. carpool ftw

mel, PM me

lordairgtar
11-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I can probably get you the most mundane job in the world? it's crap for pay/benefits but I guarantee you won't get fired, ever.
Don't think he wants to be your beer gofer:goof

HRSEPLA
11-07-2008, 01:38 AM
I know someone who works at inpro and she loves it! They do alot of stuff outside of work , like ski trips and marathons.
-Tina

RanJer
11-07-2008, 08:02 AM

Apparently you don't know Mel all that well.. lol Free beer and getting paid to carry beer? I can't see him possibly saying no...

Exitspeed
11-07-2008, 08:38 AM

Apparently you don't know Mel all that well.. lol Free beer and getting paid to carry beer? I can't see him possibly saying no...

Lol. Jer is right. I love me some beer. Jer can you pm me some details?

I know someone who works at inpro and she loves it! They do alot of stuff outside of work , like ski trips and marathons.
-Tina

I'll check them out. Thanks.

I too can get you in doing a blue collar job on my shift. carpool ftw

mel, PM me

Will do. I wanna get some details.

Thanks for all the help and offers guys. I really appreciate it.

The wife and I got to talk about things last night and we're OK with whatever happens. We decided that if they cut all of our hours that I should step up and asked to be layed off. That way I can collect unemployment and possibly take a unpaid internship or use that time to find a new job. The other people I work with have families and my wife's incomes is enough for us to live off of.

My wife is a real estate agent and she works at Miller (not for Miller though) and she is selling a house to a gal in HR and she is going to be talking to her about getting me a job there. They have GREAT benefits and it's a pretty secure job.