PDA

View Full Version : Anybody travel alot?

boostaddict14
11-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm in Germany for the next 9 months for school and I was just wondering if any of you had suggestions on where I should travel in europe?

Already been to Hamburg and Copenhagen. Loved them both.

Plan on renting an M5 or Porsche and driving down to Munich on the Auto Bahn:thumbsup.

1BadBytch
11-05-2008, 06:13 PM
I was in Europe last summer. I stayed in Paris for 4 or 5 nights and jumped on the train ..stopped at Brussels for a few night and ended up in Amsterdam where I spent another 4 or 5 nights. I highly recommend both Paris AND AMSTERDAM:thumbsup

I wouldnt bother driving .. In Paris it's a nightmare with all the cars ...

..In Amsterdam .. its even worse.. theres not really any cars ..just a bunch of bicyclists out for blood lol

Goat Roper
11-05-2008, 06:16 PM
It is a hike but Istanbul is supposed to be a treat. Good value for your money.

boostaddict14
11-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys.

And yea i dont plan on driving anywhere except for that one trip.

1BadBytch
11-05-2008, 06:29 PM
What are you going to school for in Germany?

boostaddict14
11-05-2008, 06:51 PM
My major is international business and I have an emphasis in mechanical engineering. My major requires international study and I love to travel so it's a great opportunity.

Scales
11-07-2008, 03:31 AM
I'm in Poland right now. Warsaw is a HUGE city to see. Also recomend Zakopane. It's in the mountains on the southern boarder. Beautiful town!!! Now that I think about it, Krakow and Lublin are also great cities to see. TONS of history in both with castles dating back to the 1500's. Krakow's castle was actually built somtime in the 1000's and is one of the few to survive all of the wars. My wife said it may be the oldest in Europe. Also might want to make a trip to any of the concentration camps. It was a huge learning experance for me when we went to Majdanek. Learned things that school and the History Channel won't tell you!!

I'm only here for 2 more days, but if you need any other ideas or help, PM me. If I can't help you, I'll pass the keyboard to my wife. (She is from Poland)

BAD LS1
11-07-2008, 06:32 AM
Been to frankfurt, veirnheim and heidelburg Germany last fall, as well as Amsterdam and all over holland's country side. Amsterdam is ******* awesome!

Last december been to Tokyo Japan and Shanghai China.

All work related trips.

y2kws6
11-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Munich was cool; Everyone sees the castle Sir Swanstinstine(sp). It's cool.
Frankfort was also great. I stayed in Sembock for a while and I know there are some cool places around it, but don't remember their names.

I might have a chance to go there late January on 2009 for a couple weeks. I will know later on.

Dan

CobraSnake
11-07-2008, 09:11 AM
My wife was just talking to me yesterday about her getting a part time job at the airport just for the "benefits". I've never left this country so I have alot of traveling to catch up with.

Mark