PDA

View Full Version : I have a real question

badass88gt
11-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Did they change the law or something? I thought when I was a kid I was taught, one of the requirements to become President was you had to serve in some form of the military?

Commander In Chief? Does that mean he will need to go to boot camp? How does a guy take charge of the worlds most strongest military and yet never serving a day in any of it's branches?

Was that ever a requirement, or was I not really paying attention in school like I shouldve?

07ROUSHSTG3
11-05-2008, 11:36 AM
never a requirement as far as i am aware.

badass88gt
11-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I guess not, I googled President Requirements, doesnt say anything. I shouldve paid attention in school.

I do think it *should* be a requirement though.

94greenbandit
11-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Nope never a requirement

88Nightmare
11-05-2008, 11:41 AM
I believe it should be a requirement, danno....... but I dont think its mandatory to become president.

Crawlin
11-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Boy Scout Leader and/or 4H community leader was close enough for this election

badass88gt
11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Lol

HAMRHEAD
11-05-2008, 12:17 PM
I too think it should be a requirement but it never has been.

Reverend Cooper
11-05-2008, 06:51 PM
not required,if it was there are a few presidents,many we wouldnt have had

Karps TA
11-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Not only not required, but the last 5 war hero's to run for President lost.

I don't see it needed. That's why you have surround yourself with good people. By that standard you should need a phd in foreign affairs, economics, several different languages, etc. Commanding the military is just one job.

badass88gt
11-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I agree. I'm a bit surprised there arent more requirements to be the leader of the free world.

Reverend Cooper
11-05-2008, 07:39 PM
the founding fathers flet any man of our nations decent could lead regardless of race,creed or religion,kinda the pursuit of happiness thing

ND4SPD
11-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Being a war hero... and being a good president are two entirely different things. While I respect the military, and the service of our soldiers, I believe that it should not be a requirement. The reason I say that is the same reason I also say that a "security clearance" also not be a requirement. Yeah, I know... no "normal person" with the associations and past that Obama has could ever get a security clearance... but the simple fact is such requirements open the door for incumbent parties to tamper with a candidate.

Imagine for a moment that the security clearance requirement is established and four years from now Bobby Jindal is poised to win the general election and take the presidency away from Obama. People appointed by Obama could just drum up enough B.S. stuff so that he couldn't run for president. You have to remember when you think up these requirements that they can (and will) be used against you when your party is not the one that's in power. That's what scares me about laws like the Patriot Act. Obama and his cronies have already shown a penchant for going after and attempting to destroy people that question him (i.e. Samuel (Joe) the Plumber) and he's not even the president yet. Did you guys hear about the liberal circuit court judge that quashed an anti- Wisconsin-Care ad on some bogus charges? How about Obama minions going around following authors who have written critical books about Obama and trying to silence them? People thought Bush was going to be the one with stormtroopers and stuff... well, looks to me like someone else has their eye on that sort of thing. After all, didn't he suggest the creation of a "civilian militia"?

Sprayaway Fox
11-06-2008, 12:12 AM
I thought to be president you coudnt have dual citizenship. You have to have a birth certificate certified also that your a citzen. Someone has dual citizenship and hasnt submitted a birth cert yet either from whats going around. With other presidents (like bush) noone in his military could remember him either.

Al
11-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Wasn't Bill Clinton the first non-veteran candidate to beat a veteran?

badass88gt
11-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I forgot about Clinton.

Nick
11-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Going back to 5th grade social studies.

Requirements to be POTUS
- be a natural born citizen of the united States
- be at least 35 years old
- have lived in the U.S. for at least 14 years

lordairgtar
11-06-2008, 05:51 PM
I qualify to be POTUS!!! Vote for me in 2012!

Russ Jerome
11-06-2008, 07:03 PM
As of recently there are only a few set in stone rules:

Your personel wealth must be at a point where your
concern for the 90% working class is minimal, this would
make your required goals of taking the from the poor
and feeding big oil (who you need to pay your way in
to office) seam ok to you.

Secondly (more importantly) is the buy-in to be
president. Because the position is purchased your
backers (the people who make decisions after your
in office) have to have deep pockets. If you could
win a few of those huge lotteries, 100's of millions
each you could buy the job outright as long as you
were a "yes man". You would need to spend at least
a couple years pretending to work in some political
office, buy a city and be its mayor and then buy a
position in your state assembly. Look at Obama, he
doesnt realy stand for anything or ever achieved any
worthy goals in life but he is a yes-man and will follow
his finacial backers decisions to the T, he will do good.

Beyond that its an open door, McCain almost made it
but listening to him confuse Iraq and Iran, who our
alies are and are not tells you the guy is stupid. Likewise
Obama is as bright as a wet match, he cant find Turkey
on a globe but he will soon have access to the big chair.

So no, no active or retired duty is required, 100% depends
on you and your backers finaces now with no concern
of your IQ at all.

Beagle
11-06-2008, 07:04 PM
So when people say that Obama wasnt born in America it must not be true considering he is now the President.....

Reverend Cooper
11-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Russ Jerome 2012

Beagle
11-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Jimmy Mother Fvcking Johnson 2009!!!!

Reverend Cooper
11-06-2008, 11:12 PM
You wouldn't vote for me, I'd make your lazy bong smoking ass get a JOB.

Beagle
11-06-2008, 11:18 PM
You wouldn't vote for me, I'd make your lazy bong smoking ass get a JOB.

Pretty soon i will need a job. I dont want my bank account to run out. Did you hear McCain wants a re-count? His reason is that the election was nigga riged :rolf

lordairgtar
11-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Russ Jerome 2012
No, vote for me! If President, I will make available all the cool cars from everywhere in the world.

STANMAN
11-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Pretty soon i will need a job. I dont want my bank account to run out. Did you hear McCain wants a re-count? His reason is that the election was nigga riged :rolf

How big was it when you started. Fuck, you haven't had a job since I've KNOWN you:rolf

Truth be told, working is for chumps, I want in on the Obama plan biatches!!!!

Beagle
11-06-2008, 11:35 PM
How big was it when you started. Fuck, you haven't had a job since I've KNOWN you:rolf

Truth be told, working is for chumps, I want in on the Obama plan biatches!!!!

Thats not true Bob. I worked at Autozone for two years and then I went to Ewald for 4 months. I had 6xxx in the bank when I stopped working. I pay my bills with that money and used the unemployment for whatever. i still have plenty left but I wanted to put that money into the camaro.

STANMAN
11-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Thats not true Bob. I worked at Autozone for two years and then I went to Ewald for 4 months. I had 6xxx in the bank when I stopped working. I pay my bills with that money and used the unemployment for whatever. i still have plenty left but I wanted to put that money into the camaro.

I remember the portering job, not the auto zone job. You need to go back there so we have an auto zone hook up on the board!!!!