PDA

View Full Version : All terrrain vehicals discussion here !

DynoTom
11-04-2008, 10:20 AM
I thought I would start a thread here to talk ATV's !

What ya got, where do you ride ?

We HAVE to set up some sorta BCM group ATV outing in the future !

I have 4 Yamaha Sport Quads and I ride most of the time at Bong Rec Area in Kansasville with 4I Notch ( Jesse my nephew ) ....

2008 Yamaha YFZ 450
2007 Yamaha Raptor 700 GYTR
2000 Yamaha Blaster 240
2000 Yamaha Banshee 350

70 cutlass 442
11-04-2008, 10:35 AM
im rockin the 03' Polaris predator with a 558 Big bore kit, wiseco 13.5:1 piston, P&P cyl head. STG 2 Cams, intake, full exhaust. I prefer dyracuse MX park and the surrounding trails at bently hills.

07ROUSHSTG3
11-04-2008, 10:40 AM
i have an 03 arctic cat 500. nothing special. don;t use it very much anymore, other than plowing the driveway. got 27" mudlites, winch, brushguard. it is a manual tranny, none of this fluffy automatic stuff. it crawls through some mud though.

BCM outing at
http://www.bunkhouseretreat.com/

if youve never been there, you are missing out!

badass88gt
11-04-2008, 11:16 AM
My girlfriend has an 01 Blaster that we totally scammed some clown on, lol.......

I'm representing the Old School, 1986 Suzuki Quadracer 250.

We are running out of places to ride now with hunting/winter coming. Last weekend we were up in Harrison Hills, Lincoln County. Its ok, can get real rocky. I really like the Embarrass River ATV park by Tigerton, Shawano County. Not alot of miles of trails but they have 2 motocross tracks, and I like jumping.

This weekend we're hoping to head down by Neillsville, the Bunkhouse Retreat. Supposed to be 500+ miles of trails and lots of other stuff to do.

Edited: I forgot to add her daughter's ride, its an 88 Yamaha Moto 4 200cc. Looking for a kids one for her son.

70 cutlass 442
11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
/\/\ 86 quadracers are pretty bad ass!

07ROUSHSTG3
11-04-2008, 11:55 AM
My girlfriend has an 01 Blaster that we totally scammed some clown on, lol.......

I'm representing the Old School, 1986 Suzuki Quadracer 250.

We are running out of places to ride now with hunting/winter coming. Last weekend we were up in Harrison Hills, Lincoln County. Its ok, can get real rocky. I really like the Embarrass River ATV park by Tigerton, Shawano County. Not alot of miles of trails but they have 2 motocross tracks, and I like jumping.

This weekend we're hoping to head down by Neillsville, the Bunkhouse Retreat. Supposed to be 500+ miles of trails and lots of other stuff to do.

Edited: I forgot to add her daughter's ride, its an 88 Yamaha Moto 4 200cc. Looking for a kids one for her son.

If it is the same "bunkhouse" that i posted the link to, you will have a blast. take a lot of beer!!:alcoholic

marinette county has some great trails also. the best that i have found in the state, hands down is Iron County!! tons of trails, some easy, some expert, ALL FUN!! lots of stops, and you can jump right up in the UP!!! check it out, you will not be disappointed!!

badass88gt
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Yup, same bunkhouse.

Exitspeed
11-04-2008, 01:08 PM
What does a decent used ATV run? I'm thinking about buying a couple for up north.

DynoTom
11-04-2008, 01:11 PM
What does a decent used ATV run? I'm thinking about buying a couple for up north.

It depends on what kind of machine you want?

Right now there is some very good deals out there !

Exitspeed
11-04-2008, 01:41 PM
It depends on what kind of machine you want?

Right now there is some very good deals out there !

Something for trails really. It wouldn't be used all that often either. I don't need to get all hard core.

A lotta good deals cause people have to get rid of their toys. :( It's a good thing and bad thing.

badass88gt
11-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I would probably decide on budget first, then look for a machine to fit.

DynoTom
11-04-2008, 02:15 PM
I would probably decide on budget first, then look for a machine to fit.

I agree with badass88gt on this , what's your price range?

If you look on craigslist there are some real good deals right now....I would say it would take about 700 - 800 bux to get a decent Yamaha Blaster...of course if you can afford more the deals get even better???

The one guy on here had the 03 LTZ 400 Zuki that was fuggin nice and with extras for only 2 grand , that's a very nice machine for that price....

badass88gt
11-04-2008, 02:25 PM
I forgot about that Z400. That would be a good machine.

BOSS LX
11-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Tom, the banshee almost killed me! I think we need to detune it! :rolf

Exitspeed
11-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I agree with badass88gt on this , what's your price range?

If you look on craigslist there are some real good deals right now....I would say it would take about 700 - 800 bux to get a decent Yamaha Blaster...of course if you can afford more the deals get even better???

The one guy on here had the 03 LTZ 400 Zuki that was fuggin nice and with extras for only 2 grand , that's a very nice machine for that price....

I guess I didn't know how much they even went for. I'd think 'd have around $1000 to spend. But I'm "thrifty" so if I can get something that is still good for less I'm all for it.

DynoTom
11-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I guess I didn't know how much they even went for. I'd think 'd have around $1000 to spend. But I'm "thrifty" so if I can get something that is still good for less I'm all for it.

I have seen ATV's in your price range....Those Yamaha Blasters are REALLY NICE machines in your price range?

I have a modded to sheet 2000 Blaster that I will probably sell off at some point to finance the YFZ 450 mods I want to do.....I really don't need 4 quads so selling the Blaster to make 3 quads is acceptable I guess?

DirtyMax
11-04-2008, 04:40 PM
We don't ride anymore. I sold our machines, trailer and all, and picked up an 03 Bayou 250 to bum around the cabin with. All the good trails were too far away and it sucked looking at that much $$ just sitting there in the garage 95% of their lives.

We bought a boat and got far more use out of that this summer...

Jsho13
11-04-2008, 05:02 PM
We use our 03 Grizzly 660 to its fullest potential. Not so much to plow with anymore but we move boats in and out of storage, for transportation, and sometimes just to fart around in the woods. I have only been "trail" riding with it once and really found no interest.

DynoTom
11-04-2008, 09:33 PM
I prefer dyracuse MX park and the surrounding trails at bently hills.

Mopar Jim and his son have been there too and they said it's AWESOME !

I want to go out there and try it !:banana1:

badass88gt
11-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Is that down by Wisconsin Rapids?

DynoTom
11-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Today we went out to Bong Rec Area to ride .....It was muddy as hell out there but, it was still nice to get the ATV's out.....

It was BOSS LX , 4I Notch and I and we had the Banshee and the YFZ 450 out.....

I'm going to be talking with my friend who owns a HUGE farm out in Rubicon to see if he will let us use a section of his farm fields as a ATV playground / dragstrip.....

civic600
11-29-2008, 10:15 AM
that would be saweet! :headbang

DynoTom
11-29-2008, 10:56 AM
that would be saweet! :headbang

The chances of my friend letting us use his farm are very good !

We have rode at his farm over the years MANY times , at one point he gave us a 15 acre wooded lot of land to "do what we wanted to do with it " ...This time I'm going to see if we can get a nice chunk of the flat fields to make a dirt drag strip / freestyle / screwin round area for us....The wooded area he let us use in the past would HAVE to have a trail cleared through it , we would need manpower and as many chainsaws as we could get...Let me check into this with him and see what I can do.

civic600
11-29-2008, 12:50 PM
The chances of my friend letting us use his farm are very good !

We have rode at his farm over the years MANY times , at one point he gave us a 15 acre wooded lot of land to "do what we wanted to do with it " ...This time I'm going to see if we can get a nice chunk of the flat fields to make a dirt drag strip / freestyle / screwin round area for us....The wooded area he let us use in the past would HAVE to have a trail cleared through it , we would need manpower and as many chainsaws as we could get...Let me check into this with him and see what I can do.

great! ill come out and help with whatever just let me know.

stenchmiester
11-29-2008, 05:15 PM
for those of you guys with plows that use your winch for plow movement check this out
http://www.mibarproducts.com/

SmokinRAM114
11-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Tom, the banshee almost killed me! I think we need to detune it! :rolf

gawd ur a puss

BOSS LX
11-30-2008, 11:43 PM
gawd ur a puss

You better watch it, cummins boy! There is a rumor of a white Banshee that is looking to smoke you on the ice!:wow

DynoTom
12-01-2008, 12:16 AM
You better watch it, cummins boy! There is a rumor of a white Banshee that is looking to smoke you on the ice!:wow

I ya don't get that white one running soon to race him I gotta nice blue Banshee that built up pretty heavy I'll sell ya ????:shades:shades

I like the Banshee's but, the Rappy 700 is more my style and 4I Notch is sticking with the YFZ 450 for his machine....

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/DynoTom/000_4449.jpg

Cryptic
12-01-2008, 04:11 PM
I got our Grizzly 660 up to 63mph during deer camp. I still miss the 350 Warrior we used to have. Alot more fun with a manual clutch when you want to tear it up.

70 cutlass 442
12-01-2008, 04:23 PM

:rolf This i would like to watch :popcorn

BOSS LX
12-01-2008, 05:46 PM
:rolf This i would like to watch :popcorn

:rolf

SmokinRAM114
12-01-2008, 09:25 PM
u WILL fuck me up straight line. come get some where it matters, through the turns :) and 70 gutlass, u too!

Trutildeathxxx
12-01-2008, 09:34 PM
i see some drag races being set up... i want in, name the lake and the time, i will be there

70 cutlass 442
12-01-2008, 10:50 PM
fk drag races, im ready for oval or figure 8!if were draggin then im brining the sled.

Trutildeathxxx
12-01-2008, 11:04 PM
^^^im down for that as well

SmokinRAM114
12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
as SOON as i can I WILL have a track on phantom lake in Mukwanago. anyone is welcome to come and rip it.

CarrotTop
01-12-2009, 12:22 PM
So with tax money thinking going to buy ATV.. Looking around $1000 area maybe couple 100 more.. But less would be better.. Would pref Auto and something with 4x4... And would anything around there fit in the back for a 2000 ford ranger with sidestep bed :P lol(wishes)

DynoTom
01-12-2009, 02:08 PM
So with tax money thinking going to buy ATV.. Looking around $1000 area maybe couple 100 more.. But less would be better.. Would pref Auto and something with 4x4... And would anything around there fit in the back for a 2000 ford ranger with sidestep bed :P lol(wishes)

If you change your mind about what model features you want I might have something for you?

2000 Yamaha Blaster 6 speed manual 200 CC 2 stroke with a ton of mods done to it.....This thing is a REAL BLASTer to ride !

I have some pretty badd azz ATV's here and to be 100% honest the Blaster is by far the funest one overall to ride !

I'm looking for around 1200 BUX for this Blaster , it has some pretty pricey mods done to it that REALLY make it pretty darn fast and it will hang with much larger 4 stroke atv's.....

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/DynoTom/000_4467.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/DynoTom/000_4457.jpg

CarrotTop
01-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Never drivin anything with manual tranny in it. So what im most worried about and why want auto. And mostly be drivin around in snow/back yard unless i buy trailer down road to take it out places.. Unless i can fit in back my truck.

DynoTom
01-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Never drivin anything with manual tranny in it. So what im most worried about and why want auto. And mostly be drivin around in snow/back yard unless i buy trailer down road to take it out places.. Unless i can fit in back my truck.

We will be doing some ATV trips this year....BOSSLX , 4I NOTCH , MOPARJIM and I are going.....I have PLENTY of extra room on my trailer to haul a ATV for you....If you want to go with us you are welcome....

Moparjim
01-13-2009, 05:14 PM
I am definitely up for a few trips come spring!

I also am looking to get a Raptor or two to replace my Banshees lol. I see they are going for as low as $3000-$3500 for that price I want to upgrade to the newer, 4 stroke, fuel injected rides.

DynoTom
01-14-2009, 07:20 PM
I am definitely up for a few trips come spring!

I also am looking to get a Raptor or two to replace my Banshees lol. I see they are going for as low as $3000-$3500 for that price I want to upgrade to the newer, 4 stroke, fuel injected rides.

I think you will like the move over to a Raptor 700 R ....Before I rode a Banshee I always wondered if a Banshee would have been better for me?

I have a pretty modded Banshee and enough riding on it to say I do prefer the Raptor 700 R over it by quite a bit .

Banshees do frickin rock no doubt but, the Raptor has such a strong powerband at any RPM that it is really fun to ride.

I was going to sell off the Banshee I have but , It is really cool to have the 3 badd azz Yamaha sport quads to play with so I wil keep it .

I guess it comes down to the Raptor 700 , YFZ 450 and Banshee all do some things better than the other , it just depends on what things mean the most to the rider.....

Jim , you are more than welcome to try ANY of my atv's out when we go !

If you like "face melting" torque the Raptor 700 R with a "big 3" mod will make your day real fun.....

Sprayaway Fox
01-15-2009, 12:16 AM
If it is the same "bunkhouse" that i posted the link to, you will have a blast. take a lot of beer!!:alcoholic

marinette county has some great trails also. the best that i have found in the state, hands down is Iron County!! tons of trails, some easy, some expert, ALL FUN!! lots of stops, and you can jump right up in the UP!!! check it out, you will not be disappointed!!

Eric, Im going next year during the summer, you should come along! Oh I ride a KFX 450R with monster racing graphics, things great but could use another gear for ice riding.

RanJer
01-15-2009, 12:20 AM
I think you will like the move over to a Raptor 700 R ....Before I rode a Banshee I always wondered if a Banshee would have been better for me?

I have a pretty modded Banshee and enough riding on it to say I do prefer the Raptor 700 R over it by quite a bit .

Banshees do frickin rock no doubt but, the Raptor has such a strong powerband at any RPM that it is really fun to ride.

I was going to sell off the Banshee I have but , It is really cool to have the 3 badd azz Yamaha sport quads to play with so I wil keep it .

I guess it comes down to the Raptor 700 , YFZ 450 and Banshee all do some things better than the other , it just depends on what things mean the most to the rider.....

Jim , you are more than welcome to try ANY of my atv's out when we go !

If you like "face melting" torque the Raptor 700 R with a "big 3" mod will make your day real fun.....

You sell the Blaster??

DynoTom
01-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Nope , I still have the Blaster.....

Moparjim
01-19-2009, 02:32 PM
There's a nice clean looking low hours 2006 700 Raptor on the Raptor Forums in Michigan with exhaust, intake, Power Commander, a few other mods the guy is asking $4500 I think I might go get it if I can get him down to $4000 or so...

Moparjim
01-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Does anyone know somebody that tunes/works on 2 strokes? Both of my Banshees could use a little love and I know shit about 2 strokes so was thinking of trying to find someone that knows their shit and would be interested in a side job going over them for me between now and spring.

SmokinRAM114
01-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know somebody that tunes/works on 2 strokes? Both of my Banshees could use a little love and I know shit about 2 strokes so was thinking of trying to find someone that knows their shit and would be interested in a side job going over them for me between now and spring.

what needs to be done?

T-Bag
01-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Just picked up an 06 Arctic Cat 500 4x4. Already got a moose 60" plow ready for work :)

I love this thing. So much more ground clearance than the Honda's that I love dearly.

Moparjim
01-20-2009, 09:49 AM
what needs to be done?

Well, they both run/ride but neither seems to run like they used to. Mainly just general tune and little stuff I think. One seems like it has at minimum a float issue - it leaks gas out of what looks to me like a carb vent hose if you leave the gas valve on and don't have it running. It also is harder starting than it used to be, seems like it is flooding a bit I generally have to open the throttle at some point to get it started. It also seems like it is a lot less responsive, has a lot less low end that it once did. I also had trouble with it getting semi submerged one too many times when I rode it on some wet trails with some decent depth pools of water - it ran fine all day, at some point I shut it off and it wouldnt restart. About a week later I was looking at it and it started fine (though not as good as it used to) so I was thinking the stator had gotten wet I guess its a common problem. So, I'm guessing it needs the carbs gone through, maybe the stator looked at. The other one I have also doesn't seem to have the low end that it used to, and it starts without the choke it seems like it is jetted too rich maybe to me. Also, the clutch will not release all the way - I have to start it in neutral and then when you first put it into first it will want to creep forward a little. I have adjusted the crap out of it, even pulled the cover off etc. but I think either the clutch pack is just not set up right with enough clearance, or maybe plates are warped a little or something. Both have various leaky tires as well. I guess if they needed it I would be willing to have the motors rebuilt even. Again, both ride ok they are just not "right" and have required some various screwing with them on my part everytime we go. I've been taking my son, friends, family, etc. and letting others that are not mechanically inclined use them when we go so I'm basically looking for someone to get them both running perfect and the quirks worked out so they are turnkey, ready for people to just hop on and GO in spring. That's another reason I am interested in upgrading to Raptors - electric start, fuel injected, regular gas, reverse, etc. they would be much more turn key and go then the older Banshees that I have.

SmokinRAM114
01-20-2009, 04:16 PM
the first one u mention with the leaky gas sounds like the "seat" in bowl is bad. Im sure the clutch probly needs to be replaced on the other. them things are a PITA to jet, boost bottle does make it a little easier. the last one that i had my hands on went to a 2-1 carb setup which is now the banshee dynotom has. byfar the best mod EVER for a banshee! i would do a compression test on them. depending on the hours on the machines the reason for lack of power maybe just getting loose, and needing a rebuild soon.. pesky but loveable two strokes.... i would love to fix them for you but at the moment i have no room due to people breaking snowmobiles... if you decide to do it on your own, i can get the parts cheaper then anyone, unless they work for yamaha. just let me know.

70 cutlass 442
01-20-2009, 09:54 PM
2 into 1 will help you on bottom end, but the guys making big HP go with two big carbs.

70 cutlass 442
01-20-2009, 09:54 PM

what all do you need done?

Ricky Bobby
01-21-2009, 07:15 AM
i got a 08 can-am renegade 800 bone stock only 7months old im down for whatever whenever have 2 place trailer not built up like most of u but 80mph still pretty good for a 4x4 :shades

SmokinRAM114
01-21-2009, 10:13 AM
what all do you need done?

dip shit read post#50:punch::rolf

Moparjim
01-21-2009, 11:28 AM
the first one u mention with the leaky gas sounds like the "seat" in bowl is bad. Im sure the clutch probly needs to be replaced on the other. them things are a PITA to jet, boost bottle does make it a little easier. the last one that i had my hands on went to a 2-1 carb setup which is now the banshee dynotom has. byfar the best mod EVER for a banshee! i would do a compression test on them. depending on the hours on the machines the reason for lack of power maybe just getting loose, and needing a rebuild soon.. pesky but loveable two strokes.... i would love to fix them for you but at the moment i have no room due to people breaking snowmobiles... if you decide to do it on your own, i can get the parts cheaper then anyone, unless they work for yamaha. just let me know.

If your interested in taking a look at them for me just let me know and "put me in line" or something. Its not something I need done right this second its only January I probably won't be even thinking about riding until March or April so put me in line after the snowmobile madness dies down and let me know and I will bring em out or bring one out at a time.

Moparjim
01-28-2009, 03:38 PM
I looking to pick this one up now, if I can get the guy down to a more favorable price. I refuse to pay more than $4500 for it and even then it better be PERFECT when I go to look at it. I've seen a ton of them in the $3500-$4500 price range lately, many with mods, and I've seen dealers at $6000 brand new! This is the first one I've seen super local though, right in Oak Creek. I also like the blue/white Yamaha colors. I'm not a fan of some of the other color schemes like Yellow.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvs/1011189714.html

70 cutlass 442
01-28-2009, 04:28 PM
I looking to pick this one up now, if I can get the guy down to a more favorable price. I refuse to pay more than $4500 for it and even then it better be PERFECT when I go to look at it. I've seen a ton of them in the $3500-$4500 price range lately, many with mods, and I've seen dealers at $6000 brand new! This is the first one I've seen super local though, right in Oak Creek. I also like the blue/white Yamaha colors. I'm not a fan of some of the other color schemes like Yellow.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvs/1011189714.html

Price is ok...... i would try to get him to 4500 or less if possible. i personally dont like the 700 raptors, raptors in general i dont like because of how tall they sat.... but if you can score it fora slightly cheaper price then id say go for it.

Moparjim
01-29-2009, 08:55 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking - $4500 is as high as I would go pretty much.

DynoTom
02-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Sheet ! I was just over at the GLD forums and seen the new rules !

You HAVE to have full leathers when you run GLD on a Bike , ATV or Sled....

It did say you could wear chaps instead of leather pants ( under 120 MPH TRAP ) but, this kinda sux as now I have to spend a ton more on gear to run there !

Leather Jacket , leather pants , gloves , helmet and boots along with the DOT tires I already bought make running my ATV's at GLD VERY expensive....I know they are doing it to keep us safe it just sux that it will be so expensive to run the ATV's there now.....

Taetsch Z-24
02-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Two Honda (old) '86 Forman's
06 450R

Chris

Moparjim
02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Picked up a 2007 Raptor 700 SE last night... Thing is super clean, low hours like brand new, and it is the blue/white with the adjustable suspension, etc. Came with a few extras like skid plates, a arm plates, nerf bars. Let the performance mods begin!

I am still looking for someone to work on tuning up and getting my Banshees ready to rock for spring if anyone knows a two stroke mechanic that does work on the side...

Moparjim
02-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Can anyone recommend some good, cheap, aftermarket ATV parts sellers on the web or in town?

DirtyMax
02-10-2009, 01:43 PM
I used www.bikebandit.com for several things.

You can view OEM parts diagrams and select exactly what you need. Prices seem better than going to Scamland II so long as you can wait for shipping.

DynoTom
02-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Can anyone recommend some good, cheap, aftermarket ATV parts sellers on the web or in town?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Raptor-700-700R-CFM-Aluminum-Oil-Tank-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43972QQihZ025QQitem Z380098400046QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I bought my airbox , oil tank and air scoops from this guy.....parts are all very good quality and fit perfect.....

DynoTom
02-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Picked up a 2007 Raptor 700 SE last night... Thing is super clean, low hours like brand new, and it is the blue/white with the adjustable suspension, etc. Came with a few extras like skid plates, a arm plates, nerf bars. Let the performance mods begin!

The BIG 3 mods REALLY wake up the 700 Raptors....The stock exhaust REALLY sux and they have a factory tune that is very conservative....When BossLX rode my Raptor for the first time after the BIG 3 was on it he said "holy sheet , I never would have thought the BIG 3 would make that big of a difference , I would have thought it would have took inside the engine work to get that power " ....

Jim down the road you might wanna get the DYNATEK ignition for your Raptor , it's a very nice upgrade.....

Coops Brother
02-28-2009, 01:27 PM

What are you looking for? I have a auto/cycle/atv shop in Northern Wi.
I can get lots of goodies, tires, rims, exhaust, cams.

Let me know and I will look into it for ya.

Brian

DynoTom
03-04-2009, 05:45 AM
We are going to check this place out !

www.bunkhouseretreat.com

badass88gt
03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
My friends go to the Bunkhouse all the time, every time they go I have work or prior engagements. That place is AWESOME.

DynoTom
03-04-2009, 07:08 PM
My friends go to the Bunkhouse all the time, every time they go I have work or prior engagements. That place is AWESOME.

BossLX , 4I NOTCH and I will be at the bunkhouse this Saturday the 7 th. !

We are planning on gettin there around 11 am. so if any of you guys are there too look for us....I have the black Ford Excursion with 20 foot trailer and we ride a white 700 Raptor , dark gray YFZ 450 and Yamaha Blue Banshee......

Moparjim
03-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Too early for me - mine are all still stuffed away in the back garage. I'm hoping to get the stuff out and ready to go in the next month or so though.

I'm still looking for a 2 stroke Banshee mechanic to tune mine up if anyone knows someone!

I got the big three mods for my Raptor that I will be putting on as well!

DynoTom
03-05-2009, 11:48 AM
BossLX , 4I NOTCH and I will be at the bunkhouse this Saturday the 7 th. !

We are planning on gettin there around 11 am. so if any of you guys are there too look for us....I have the black Ford Excursion with 20 foot trailer and we ride a white 700 Raptor , dark gray YFZ 450 and Yamaha Blue Banshee......

Looks like rain and snow this Saturday up at the Bunkhouse, I have been watching the weather reports all week from up there and now they say rain and snow Saturday....We will plan another Saturday soon and I will let you know so you can go if you want....

SMOKDU
03-05-2009, 09:40 PM
i have 3 honda sports one 450r ill ride on any friday or sunday let me know. im looking for places to ride

DynoTom
03-17-2009, 12:06 AM
4I NOTCH , BOSSLX and I ARE tossing the idea of a "Bunkhouse Retreat " trip this Saturday !

I'm up for it Fur Sure Boss and 4I Notch are pretty much in as of now.

If any of you guys can make it this Saturday we can meet up there OR if you want you can ride up with our group , I have plenty of room in my truck and my trailer holds 6 ATV's with ease....I would have room for 3 extra guys and 3ATV's on my rig.....

We are only doing a day trip there and back...leaving around 9 am and getting back around 7 pm or so.....

Any interest post up !

I will have pics of the trip when we get back....prolly video too....

badass88gt
03-17-2009, 05:53 AM
Are they even open Tom? I heard everywhere was closed now until after spring thaw. I know all of our local places around here are closed.

DynoTom
03-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Yep , Bunkhouse is open year round....it's the state trails up there that open and close different times of the year.....We are just hanging out at the Bunkhouse and will not be on the state trails even if they are open....

Moparjim
03-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Still a tad too early for me. I did put most of my mods on my Raptor last weekend though, Im still waiting for OIL of all things, and a few other things I decided to order this week - dynatek ignition, blingy case saver, grips (converted back to thumb throttle and grip is too large), and a blingy dipstick to go with my fabbed oil tank... Im probably going to go with the Brad Penn oil which I ordered a bunch through Smokey - they make a motorcycle/atv oil, or maybe the AMSOIl if I can find someone around here to give me a decent price on it.

I also cannot start one of my banshees now at all so I still need to either break down and do it myself or get someone to look at them - I ordered a stator and 2 carb rebuild kits today since I'm thinking its one of those two, and I have two Banshees so I will probably need them eventually anyways.

I should have everything ready to go in a few weeks probably.

DynoTom
03-17-2009, 07:11 PM

I should have everything ready to go in a few weeks probably.

I really just want to go when we can get the most guys up there at once.....this Saturday it may rain AGAIN up there..But, if you are ready in a few weeks that might work best anyway as maybe more guys would go....

Yea, my frickin 2 stroke Blaster is not running at all right now either , It is sold but , of course I have to get it running first , rebuilt the carb , new reeds and did the TORS delete on it so far and it still does not start, any more money in the frickin thing to get it running and I might as well keep the stupid thing.....:flipoff2:

I know most guys say 2 stroke FTW but, not me .....gimme a 4 stroke big bore ATV ANYDAY to just jump on and go without having to fu*k with the damn thing every couple days....My old Honda 250 X 4 stroke had a million miles on it and was not really taken care of as it should have been , that ATV never missed a beat and kept on running......

Moparjim
03-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Ok I locked myself and my son in the garage yesterday for about 10 hours lol.

We did the following:

Yamaha Warrior - Changed oil and lubed everything, cleaned and oiled air filter, aired up tires, put in a new spark plug, set chain tension, charged battery, started it up and checked everything out.

Yamaha Banshee #1 - Changed oil and lubed everything, cleaned and oiled air filter, filled all 4 tires with green stuff since they all have slow leaks and aired em up, set chain tension, "rebuilt" both carbs due to needle and seat issues, put in a new stator and adjustable timing plate, put in a new CDI box (one of the two was causing no spark), put in new plugs, started it up, test rode it, and checked everything out.

Yamaha Banshee #2 - Changed oil and lubed everything, cleaned and oiled air filter, aired up tires, put in new plugs, set chain tension, started it up and checked everything out.

Yamaha Raptor - Installed new fabbed oil tank, changed oil and lubed everything, installed new Pro Design intake and K&N filter, installed new DMC dual exhaust, installed new PC5, installed new Dynatek ignition, removed speed limiter, installed new grips, converted back to thumb throttle, aired up tires, put in new plug, set chain tension, started it up, test rode it, and checked everything out.

Kawasaki Ninja 250 - Changed oil and lubed everything, aired up tires, set chain tension, replaced bent handlebar, started it up and checked everything out.

Honda CBR 600 F3 -Changed oil and lubed everything, aired up tires, set chain tension, charged battery, started it up and checked everything out.

Also cleaned up the garage from a solid year's worth of "just set it over there".

Yep I'm all ready to go and pretty proud of the accomplishments lol. Took all day and 3 trips to parts stores but I'm all set.

AW SHIT IT SNOWED ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME!!! LOL!

u_say_go
04-03-2009, 11:10 PM
hope one of you guys can help me out here. Looking for a bike or atv for my son. searched craigslist and found this http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/1067673083.html
I know it's not a kawasaki, yamaha, suzuki, or ktm. what is this thing?

DynoTom
04-04-2009, 12:05 AM
hope one of you guys can help me out here. Looking for a bike or atv for my son. searched craigslist and found this http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/1067673083.html
I know it's not a kawasaki, yamaha, suzuki, or ktm. what is this thing?

That's one of those China knock offs of a Honda or Yamaha.....I heard the knock off brand ATV's break stuff pretty often and they are REALLY hard to find parts for....

How old is your son ? I was just wondering to figure what size bike or ATV would be a good fit for him....

badass88gt
04-04-2009, 07:15 AM
In my experience the chinese ones havent been difficult at all to find parts for. Anything you need is available online.

Would I buy one? Probably not, unless the price is really cheap.

u_say_go
04-04-2009, 05:13 PM
there's a shop in west bend that just opened up, they sell all the knock-off bikes. Stopped there today to check them out- they have atvs, dirt bikes, scooters and even some street bikes that look a lot like V-rods. Made in Korea. Inexpensive, and look nice...just not sure on their reliability or durability.
My boy is 12 years old, approx 100lbs. Was thinking about a 110cc-125cc bike or 250cc atv. He's got a Honda 125 Fourtrax now, but kinda growing out of it.

badass88gt
04-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Gonna be selling that Honduh?

u_say_go
04-04-2009, 08:09 PM
not sure it would be worth me selling it. it's in pretty rough shape, hard to start, and it fell off a trailer last year while cruising down the road. LOL
Better off just keeping it and ride it till she dies

DynoTom
04-06-2009, 10:25 AM
We need to get some riders up there for the new flat track races !

http://www.bunkhouseretreat.com/

A 1/2 mile flat track would really let you open up your atv !

New at the Bunkhouse !

1/2 mile flat track ATV RACES !

May 30th and 31st flat track races

July 11th and 12th flat track races

Aug 1st and 2nd flat track races

Oct 3rd & 4th flat track races

DynoTom
04-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I need to have a bunch of ATV tires dis-mounted and mounted up .....Is there any local places that do it ?

DynoTom
05-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I swapped some flat track tires ( DURO BRAND ) onto my Raptor 700 GYTR !

The flat track tires are 10 X more fun on a ATV !

No more big azz wheelies now , these flat tracks spin and smoke under full throttle blasts , it's a frickin rush to peg the throttle and powershift the gears and go like hell !

Plus , it sure stops a hellava lot faster now that waayyyyyyyyyy more rubber is in contact with the ground.....Ask BOSSLX about how good knobbies stop a Raptor going 67 MPH on a city street....:shades:shades:shades

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/DynoTom/000_5269.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/DynoTom/000_5270.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/DynoTom/000_5271.jpg

badass88gt
05-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Boy that is a sweet ass ride. Way better than my Suzuki.

We went out today for a couple of hours, nothing broke, had a good day.

stenchmiester
05-02-2009, 09:41 PM
I will have pics of my banshee up soon just finishin some last minute things on it but details are its an 01 fresh rebuild 3 inch riser block with renthal fatty bars twist throttle k& n air filter and skin graphics kit future mods are toomey t5 pipes and silencers boyeson reeds and a cool head.

DynoTom
05-02-2009, 09:46 PM
I will have pics of my banshee up soon just finishin some last minute things on it but details are its an 01 fresh rebuild 3 inch riser block with renthal fatty bars twist throttle k& n air filter and skin graphics kit future mods are toomey t5 pipes and silencers boyeson reeds and a cool head.

Your Banshee will be modded very close to mine then...only difference will be I have the Trinity 2 into 1 carb and a thumb throttle on mine....

stenchmiester
05-03-2009, 08:31 AM
my winter goal is a 390 stroker and idk if i like the twist throttle i think im gonna go back to a thumb

DynoTom
05-03-2009, 09:04 AM
my winter goal is a 390 stroker and idk if i like the twist throttle i think im gonna go back to a thumb

I prefer a thumb throttle on atv's.....I think it's that you just work the handlebars so much on a atv that the twist throttles are difficult to use....If and when the economy picks up I will prolly sell off my Banshee....It's not that I don't like it but, it's just that I don't really use it much , it's the one that always sits home while I play with the Raptor and YFZ 450....

Graystone
05-03-2009, 12:42 PM
This is what i have.

05 TRX 450R
12.25:1 Venom piston stock bore
HMF full
Works triple rate conversion on front and dual rate conversion on back
A bunch of other little stuff that doesnt make it any faster and some that does.

Bad pic right after i got it all put back together. I have new nerfs w/ heel guards coming and i got to re paint the wheels.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff192/ExtremSOHC/01-11-09_1721.jpg

This is my slow 4by
http://www.uscconlinealbum.com/photos/photo01/ec/19/3f621d9cdca3.jpg

4I Notch
05-03-2009, 10:28 PM
tires look good Tom. :thumbsup

Graystone
05-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Anyone riding memorial day weekend? Friends and I are going up to BRF to hit those trails.

DynoTom
05-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Anyone riding memorial day weekend? Friends and I are going up to BRF to hit those trails.

That is our plan as of now too....we are going to the bunkhouse retreat that Saturday.....

Graystone
05-03-2009, 10:49 PM
That is our plan as of now too....we are going to the bunkhouse retreat that Saturday.....

yea well probably head that direction when we roll out of the hotel with a fresh hangover. It is usually good times watching the redneck shenanigans that go on there. And that is usually the muddiest trail.

DynoTom
05-03-2009, 10:55 PM
We wanted to try out the new flat track they just built at the Bunkhouse.....I don't know if we would make it out on the state trails up there.....

I will keep a eye out for ya just in case , watch for us too !

badass88gt
05-03-2009, 11:03 PM
We may be at the Bunkhouse on Memorial Weekend, still undecided yet.

Graystone
05-03-2009, 11:04 PM
We wanted to try out the new flat track they just built at the Bunkhouse.....I don't know if we would make it out on the state trails up there.....

I will keep a eye out for ya just in case , watch for us too !

Yea will do. For sure i will be up there with my black and green 450R my bro in law's red 450r and my friends 700 raptor SE so we will stick out with the bright colors. They put in a flat track? I might have to check that out. I am still dialed in for the ice racing and was going to see how it was on the trails.

DynoTom
05-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Graystone..here is what we will be riding....

YFZ 450 ( 4I NOTCH JESSE )

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/DynoTom/000_4470.jpg

RAPTOR 700 GYTR ( DYNOTOM )

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/DynoTom/000_4472.jpg

BANSHEE ( BOSS LX ANDY )

The blue one may be sold by then....if it is than he will be on the white BOSS BANSHEE machine...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/DynoTom/000_4474-1.jpg

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/2373/img1288do6.jpg

Graystone
05-03-2009, 11:32 PM
See now i feel like i need to provide pics lol. This makes things easier. You have to many yamis going. lol These are for sure going but i have more people going but my friends are unreliable besides the ones i showed

My bro in law
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v298/197/86/511410905/n511410905_1088138_2854.jpg

My friends
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v284/130/72/515434383/n515434383_1072655_5572.jpg

Mine in all its dirty glory
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff192/ExtremSOHC/01-11-09_1722.jpg

Graystone
05-03-2009, 11:33 PM
It will be somewhat clean for the weekend i just have to get my parts in and on first. And have to order my exhaust wrap

stenchmiester
05-04-2009, 07:58 AM
i am gonna try to hit brf this memorial day but thigns could change