PDA

View Full Version : GTR's

Andy6789
11-01-2008, 04:44 PM
boucher nissan got their two gtr's in earlier in the week. silver and black and they are both in the showroom. Thought i would let everyone know, some people still havent seen them in person.

Nick
11-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks. Gonna go buy one right now.

I'm going to ask the dealers to go to the drag strip with them on Sunday and beat the shit out of them before I pick it up on Monday.

Irish
11-01-2008, 07:18 PM
What ever happened to the ones that were raced?

Nick
11-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Some schmuck probably took them with an un-knowing smile on his face.

Boucher is good though. They don't let anyone touch those cars.

Heat Seeker WS6
11-01-2008, 08:08 PM
There was a red one at Road America yesterday running on the track. Sorry, no pics of it

eltness350
11-02-2008, 07:31 PM
both those salesman were fired ...i was there the day they ran at the track....they were runnin 12.5 with NO LAUNCH...babyin it out of the hole....y i dont know since awd ftw

Nick
11-02-2008, 08:10 PM
both those salesman were fired ...i was there the day they ran at the track....they were runnin 12.5 with NO LAUNCH...babyin it out of the hole....y i dont know since awd ftw

HAHA WERE THEY??? How do you know they were fired? :rolf

Yeah I saw them too.

Warhawk2
11-03-2008, 12:41 PM

Haven't you heard of the transmission problems?

eltness350
11-03-2008, 04:05 PM
yea u would think for how much they r they would have dam near bulletproof tranny's...ohh well...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533399&highlight=nissan+track
heres svt's info on it....one of the 30 threads that were made when this happened

Exitspeed
11-03-2008, 04:16 PM
yea u would think for how much they r they would have dam near bulletproof tranny's...ohh well...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533399&highlight=nissan+track
heres svt's info on it....one of the 30 threads that were made when this happened

How is it Nissan's fault when they TELL YOU NOT TO DO IT.

Facts about the GTR:

-Turning off the VDC will fuck up the tranny
-The GTR cannot fly
-While it may assist in getting you some head, the GTR itself cannot perform oral pleasure on either male or female owners
-The will not be voting on 11/4

Come on, it's a damn car. Nissan has already far exceeded everyone's expectations 10 fold. Everyone also expects to be able never have problems too. Please. Ferrari, Lambo, Aston Martin, etc owners are used to their cars breaking down. But for some reason that is not acceptable with Nissan.

CobraSnake
11-03-2008, 04:29 PM
How is it Nissan's fault when they TELL YOU NOT TO DO IT.

Facts about the GTR:

-Turning off the VDC will fuck up the tranny
-The GTR cannot fly
-While it may assist in getting you some head, the GTR itself cannot perform oral pleasure on either male or female owners
-The will not be voting on 11/4

Come on, it's a damn car. Nissan has already far exceeded everyone's expectations 10 fold. Everyone also expects to be able never have problems too. Please. Ferrari, Lambo, Aston Martin, etc owners are used to their cars breaking down. But for some reason that is not acceptable with Nissan.

Thats because nissan is not at the same caliber of those cars yet. Granted the GTR costs as much but people still don't think of it that way.

Mark

Exitspeed
11-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Thats because nissan is not at the same caliber of those cars yet. Granted the GTR costs as much but people still don't think of it that way.

Mark

Exactly. So people don't complain when their $250k Lambo tranny goes, but it's unacceptable for it to happen in a $70k Nissan.

eltness350
11-06-2008, 06:03 PM
+1 agreeed end thread/

LIZMO
11-06-2008, 07:56 PM
There was a red one at Road America yesterday running on the track. Sorry, no pics of it

failed. :(

wrath
11-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Exactly. So people don't complain when their $250k Lambo tranny goes, but it's unacceptable for it to happen in a $70k Nissan.

It's unacceptable in a GM car also. And they're even cheaper.

WhatsADSM
11-07-2008, 10:28 AM
It's unacceptable in a GM car also. And they're even cheaper.
x2

Yea, I gotta admit I am a huge fan of Nissan. But I really hate the way the new GT-R went.

The old R32-R34 cars were a true "poor-man's" sports car. They looked great, were reasonably priced, had decent power, but more importantly they were tanks. The older skylines could take a beating and keep going. You could easily modify them, and it still only cost $40 for an oil change.

I'll be honest here, if I were in the market I would be getting a C6 Z06 any day over the R35.

Now the 370z on the other hand :thumbsup