PDA

View Full Version : My new Drive shaft!!

BAD LS1
01-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Heres my birthday present to myself!!!!

I went a little overkill and bought a Carbon fiber drive shaft.

heres all the vitals:

http://www.pstds.com/critical-link.cfm

Good luck breaking this S.O.B.

Im gonna put it to the test !!

jbiscuit
01-08-2004, 01:42 PM
WOW:idhitit

BadAzzGTA89
01-08-2004, 01:44 PM
I think you will have a hell of a time due to they have more yeild to them than metal and deflect a hell of alot more than metal.Oh yea they don't break they shatter but good luck!!I use to make those and other parts on a filiment winding machine!!One project i helped on is the fins on the art museum all carbon fiber sucks they painted them though:rolleyes:

BAD LS1
01-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Yeah i like the safty factor of this bad boy the most. In the event you do break one they just bust up and dont start swinging and beat the crap out of the floor pans. I may have to get a new saftey loop being the fact this thing is 3-3/4" and the diam of my stocker is 3". It will weigh less than 10lbs too, i got the one with alluminum yokes and 1350 yokes and joints front and rear.

GTSLOW
01-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Dang thats awsome. I'm gonna need a new one after I get the T56 install done. Hopefully I'll be able to ditch the 2pc drive shaft crap that stock!

Al
01-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by BadAzzGTA89
Oh yea they don't break they shatter

Yeah, but do you think he is going to make enough power to break it?

BadAzzGTA89
01-11-2004, 09:53 PM
I don't know how big his bank account is do you cause there would be your answer!! I was just replying to what happens to carbon fiber under extreme conditions:thumbsup

Al
01-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Cool fact (thanks in part to ADD)...

Carbon fiber airplane propellers "broomstick", or spread apart like the bristles on a broom when they hit something solid (the ground) while older metal props either make a hole, more like a slash, in the ground or bend, usually taking the engine shaft with it.

If you ever plan on pole vaulting your car, the carbon fiber shaft is NOT the way to do it... Just another advantage of the carbon drive shaft.

BAD LS1
01-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Well the shaft i got is rated @ 1,000HP:devil

However being the fact my car is a 6 speed im really gonna be doing some aggresive side steps to get any where near my goal and effectivley push it south of the 11.5 region. I was already getting the left front 6" off on the stock 3" aluminum shaft :eek:

http://www.f-bodytech.com/forum/images/smilies/camaro.gif

Poncho
01-13-2004, 12:48 AM
damn....

that's all I gotta say.:3gears: