PDA

View Full Version : plot to kidnap the next president...

shoooo32
10-30-2008, 10:47 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/shoooo32/obama.jpg

kornholio788
10-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Bwahahahahahahaha. Too funny.

VroomPshhTsi
10-30-2008, 11:54 AM
LOL, where's the fried chicken and grape soda?

Nix
10-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Buwhahahahaaha!!

Thats some funny shit right there. Maybe spread some greens around it too? :rolf Collard/Turnip/Mustard :rolf

Sprayaway Fox
10-30-2008, 12:54 PM
LOL dat is awesome! or like a 22'' witha spinner also. Ya made my day!:rolf:rolf:rolf

SmokinRAM114
10-30-2008, 01:21 PM
ohh man

Irish
10-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Ask Snoop if he thinks that is funny....

Irish
10-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Poor taste my friends...

pOrk
10-30-2008, 01:44 PM
I''m sure you've never laughed at a racist joke before Irish you homo. Snoop will laugh it off, if not then hes a homo too.

jbiscuit
10-30-2008, 01:56 PM
that's racist!

Irish
10-30-2008, 02:03 PM
I''m sure you've never laughed at a racist joke before Irish you homo. Snoop will laugh it off, if not then hes a homo too.

"The ignorance of my past, shall not cloud the vision on my future"...

u_say_go
10-30-2008, 02:06 PM
no idea how people assume that's racist. white folks don't enjoy watermelon?

Irish
10-30-2008, 02:08 PM
no idea how people assume that's racist. white folks don't enjoy watermelon?

You have got to be kidding me.... You know how that was intended... Look at the comments that follow to see how it was perceived...

u_say_go
10-30-2008, 02:17 PM
I understand the intent Josh, what I don't understand is why it is considered racist or in bad taste to associate a watermelon with black people.
If there were golf clubs under that box would it be fair to assume the picture was intended to be a racist stab at McCain or white people in general?

Irish
10-30-2008, 02:25 PM
I understand the intent Josh, what I don't understand is why it is considered racist or in bad taste to associate a watermelon with black people.
If there were golf clubs under that box would it be fair to assume the picture was intended to be a racist stab at McCain or white people in general?

But there weren't golf clubs....

Al
10-30-2008, 02:46 PM
that's racist!

Yeah! You guys is ig'nant.

Racer X79
10-30-2008, 03:00 PM
No one said it was toward Obama.... McCain or Nader might really, really like watermelon too......:thumbsup

That_Guy
10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
dude would have trapped me.... " im white bread son"

Prince Valiant
10-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Laughing at a stereotype does not constitute racism...like making "white man can't jump", it's just a funny stereotype (albeit, most stereotypes have some basis in truth).

kornholio788
10-30-2008, 04:51 PM
But there weren't golf clubs....

And this is why we can't have nice things. It is a joke. Nothing more. Nobody told black people to like watermelon just like nobody told white people to like golf. Or mexicans to like lowriders. Or tell all Italians to be in the mob. Laugh at yourself once. Trust me. You can do it. It is a joke. Nothing more. Nothing less. Black people joke the same way to white people all the time. And we laugh at it. Why? Because it is true and funny.

Irish
10-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Show me one thread where a black guy came on this board and made a racial joke....

kornholio788
10-30-2008, 04:55 PM
So this board is now the world? Who said it was just this small forum board? Just because it didn't happen here doesn't mean it doesn't happen outside of that little screen you are looking at right now.

lordairgtar
10-30-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm white and I like watermelon and I hate golf.

kornholio788
10-30-2008, 04:58 PM

Can you jump high? :rolf

Irish
10-30-2008, 05:11 PM
So this board is now the world? Who said it was just this small forum board? Just because it didn't happen here doesn't mean it doesn't happen outside of that little screen you are looking at right now.

I have my opinion. I think it was in poor taste... Did I say that you owed someone an apology.... It seems to me that you are "acting" like you do...

michelle
10-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Show me one thread where a black guy came on this board and made a racial joke....

There's probably more girls on this board then black people.

u_say_go
10-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Laughing at a stereotype does not constitute racism...like making "white man can't jump", it's just a funny stereotype (albeit, most stereotypes have some basis in truth).

good point! the whole 'watch what you say, don't wanna offend anyone' BS in America is played out. "White men can't jump" was a decent movie and accepted by white folks, now had it been called "black men can't keep a job", the entire world would have been up in arms.
Double standards can suck my a$$

Irish
10-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Where do we draw a line then? Should there be any line at all?

lordairgtar
10-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Can you jump high? :rolf
Hell, I can't even jump low.:goof

Al
10-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Or tell all Italians to be in the mob.

You got it wrong, you trap them with spaghetti and meatballs!

Silver03SRT
10-30-2008, 08:29 PM
So when the black guy at work came in my office and said let me get some of your crackers cracker I should have been offended. To me its a word and doesnt bother me at all. You start talking about my family my brother escpecially I will snap on you.

Irish
10-30-2008, 08:36 PM
If you have a friend or a co-worker that you have a rapport with.. I don't see a problem with that...

Who I am I to tell you what you should and shouldn't be offended by?

All that I am saying is, when you post something on a PUBLIC forum, be prepared for some backlash as it may not be "cool" with everyone.

I will not change my position just be cause people disagree with me...

Breecher_7
10-30-2008, 09:04 PM
:rolf Im not racist, but I think racial jokes are funny........ That one is pretty good.

If this seriously bothers people, grow some thicker skin.

Reverend Cooper
10-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I take offense,I'm black!!!! from the waste down.

Goat Roper
10-30-2008, 09:31 PM

Oh, wrong answer, we were looking for "hockey" but also would have accepted "swimming"

kornholio788
10-30-2008, 09:41 PM
See. This is how to act. We joke about it. And laugh at ourselves. Why can't black people do this? I hate double standards as well. They say all they want and laugh at us when we joke about ourselves but god forbid we joke about you or others. Oh NO!!!

07ROUSHSTG3
10-30-2008, 09:49 PM
ROFL!!! i am sure even obama would laugh at that and brush it off.

Irish
10-30-2008, 10:09 PM
I find it hilarious that all the ones that are saying brush it off are white! LOL!

kornholio788
10-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Did you not see all the white jokes in this thread? There have been more jokes about white people than ones about black people here. This is why the country is so shit these days. People get so hyped up over the dumbest shit.

Irish
10-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Did you not see all the white jokes in this thread? There have been more jokes about white people than ones about black people here. This is why the country is so shit these days. People get so hyped up over the dumbest shit.

Me saying your joke was in poor taste is NOT the reason why are country is shit, so slow your role.:rolf

If I was hyped up about it, I would be wanting to fight about it... which I am not. :D

Don't try and escalate things with unfounded accusations trying to make a feeble attempt to get me to see your point of view because you will fail everytime. Just like you did above. :chair:

moels
10-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Don't try and excalate things with unfounded accusations trying to make a feeble attempt to get me to see your point of view because you will fail everytime. Just like you did above. :chair:

Was that a joke against how black people talk, or did you just misspell? Someone could have been offended by that. :goof

Irish
10-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Was that a joke against how black people talk, or did you just misspell? Someone could have been offended by that. :goof

Spelling, thanks for pointing that out.:thumbsup

moels
10-30-2008, 10:56 PM
I find it hilarious that all the ones that are saying brush it off are white! LOL!

I think there are only a few black people on this board, I would be really curious if they would laugh a little and brush it off or not. I would think they would, because I would laugh at any cracker joke or such.

Related story - A few years back we had a contractor come in to do some work, my partner and I befriended him quickly because he was a real good shit. We golfed with him a few times and had many talks with him. He is black. First thing in the morning he would come in and greet us with " how's my 2 favorite crackers today?" We would in turn respond with " what's up Negro?" Now, this is only because we got to be pretty good friends and could joke about it. I would never say that to a black man I didn't know. However, he told us that if we ever ran into him in Milwaukee when he was with friends, that we should act as if we didn't know eachother. Is that big of a deal that a black man can be friends or friendly with a white man? Just something that really confuses me to this day.

Sprayaway Fox
10-31-2008, 12:18 AM
I guess "Stereotypes" are only funny when a african american tells them (chris rock, chapelle, bernie mac, sedrick the entertainer, richard prior, will smith, Martin Lawerence etc.)
I went to dells and had a room next to 2 black guys that couldnt remember my name especially when they were drinkin'. They called me CRACKER for 3 days straight. I just laughed at it and went with it:thumbsup Ended up having a good time BS'n with them.:)

Irish
10-31-2008, 12:50 AM
Yes it is different. Example, I can say certain things to my family whereas if someone else said it, they would probably get a mouthful of my fist. Some black people find it acceptable to drop the N bomb some don't. I wonder what would happen if you call the same black guys that called you a cracker a N*****? I bet you they wouldn't have been cool with that. I am not Cracker I don't care how "cool" "they" are? Some of you have spoke of double standards and being okay with being called a cracker, if that isn't hypocrisy at it finest.... I am not a Ritz nor am I saltine. Need I remind you that the original post in this thread had nothing to do with being called names at all? As far as I am concerned the picture at the beginning of this thread is no different the bigotry fueled propaganda!

07ROUSHSTG3
10-31-2008, 07:18 AM
i can't dance.

Breecher_7
10-31-2008, 07:28 AM
Yes it is different. Example, I can say certain things to my family whereas if someone else said it, they would probably get a mouthful of my fist. Some black people find it acceptable to drop the N bomb some don't. I wonder what would happen if you call the same black guys that called you a cracker a N*****? I bet you they wouldn't have been cool with that. I am not Cracker I don't care how "cool" "they" are? Some of you have spoke of double standards and being okay with being called a cracker, if that isn't hypocrisy at it finest.... I am not a Ritz nor am I saltine. Need I remind you that the original post in this thread had nothing to do with being called names at all? As far as I am concerned the picture at the beginning of this thread is no different the bigotry fueled propaganda!

:stare I like watermelon.... Why does the photo HAVE to be directed towards obama? :rolf

I think your looking to far into it. Its a joke based off a stereotype, is it really worth all this bullshit? Im going to take this photo to work on monday and show it to the guys in the shop and see if they take offence to it. Ill be willing to bet they just laugh about it. Seriously, the only person that would take offence to somthing that is really and truly meant as a joke and not to be disrespectfull or anything like that is someone that is truly a racist themselves.

kornholio788
10-31-2008, 08:03 AM
:stare I like watermelon.... Why does the photo HAVE to be directed towards obama? :rolf

I think your looking to far into it. Its a joke based off a stereotype, is it really worth all this bullshit? Im going to take this photo to work on monday and show it to the guys in the shop and see if they take offence to it. Ill be willing to bet they just laugh about it. Seriously, the only person that would take offence to somthing that is really and truly meant as a joke and not to be disrespectfull or anything like that is someone that is truly a racist themselves.

Bingo. You were able to put into words what I couldn't write out. 100% spot on.

mynameismike65
10-31-2008, 09:42 AM

Yeah I can agree, I would be pretty pissed if some black guys were calling me cracker......I mean that is a huge double standard. The only way I would be cool with that would be if I was friends with those guys and the racial joking was a light hearted two way street, not just some random black guys calling me cracker and acting cool to my face while after I walk away them laughing at what a dumbass I am for thinking they liked me because they were calling me a racial slur. When was the last time you called some random black guys niggers? There is a massive double standard. Im all for light hearted joking around, but I just get mad when its ok for blacks to say what they want while whites cant, either everyone can say what they want or nobody can;)

Prince Valiant
10-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Blond's are dumb.
Chinese people can't drive nor see
Japanese people love taking pictures and are good in math/egineering.
All Indian's (asian indians) work at 7-11's
White men can't jump/dance/etc
Jews all hoard money
All mexicans are illegal immigrants
All Irish people are drunken fighters who can't hold down a job, and live on potatoes.
Russians drink more vodka than water.
Black people love watermelon.
on and on and on...

These are but stereotypes...and are, on their face, absurd; but that's what makes them kind of funny. I mean, everyone knows you aren't going to catch a black guy with a watermelon trap...it's inane and silly, and deserving of a good laugh.

Are their people sensitive to jokes like these? Absolutely...but imo, if someone is offended by something so obviously a joke like this, then they are hypersensitive.

Now, if the jokester was TRYING to offended, single out, target and demean, then by all means be offended and stick up for the aggrieved. But I don't think that was the case here...and I think it's wrong to automatically assume that's the case everytime a racial stereotype is portrayed.

Irish
10-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Seriously, the only person that would take offence to somthing that is really and truly meant as a joke and not to be disrespectfull or anything like that is someone that is truly a racist themselves.

Seriously, that has to be the most ignorant thing I have heard come out of your mouth to date..

You all can try and side skirt what is going on here by trying to minimize what was meant by a joke.

I thought it was in poor taste.... I still think it was in poor taste... and will continue you to think that it was in poor taste...

Hate on me all you want I could give a shit less... It's shit like this that continues to show how far behind we truly are.... I am not only disappointed in those of you that have perpetuated this as being acceptable, I am ashamed of you as well. :mad:

kornholio788
10-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Lol, you sound like my mom after I stole a cookie from the jar after bedtime. It is a joke. Nothing more. Wasn't meant to insult anyone. Was there to make people laugh. Maby the internet isn't for you.

Irish
10-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Blond's are dumb.
Jews all hoard money
All Irish people are drunken fighters who can't hold down a job, and live on potatoes.
on and on and on...

These are but stereotypes...

I think it's wrong to automatically assume that's the case everytime a racial stereotype is portrayed.

I am very surprised by your ignorance... *shakes head...

I think it is wrong to racially stereotype period... And for the record, I know plenty of Irish people that can hold a job. I take offense to that stereotype.... and yes enough to fight about it!

Irish
10-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Lol, you sound like my mom after I stole a cookie from the jar after bedtime. It is a joke. Nothing more. Wasn't meant to insult anyone. Was there to make people laugh. Maby the internet isn't for you.

I am not laughing.

How is the internet not for me because I think you are a racist idiot? Explain that one to me..

Nix
10-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Bottom line, it was a joke and it was funny. There are jokes made at peoples expense on this board daily.

It was a joke and it was funny, the things that were added after the joke were even more funny.

Its a joke... :thumbsup

ITS A JOKE!!! :wooo

end thread/

Irish
10-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Bottom line, it was a joke and it was funny. There are jokes made at peoples expense on this board daily.

It was a joke and it was funny, the things that were added after the joke were even more funny.

Its a joke... :thumbsup

ITS A JOKE!!! :wooo

end thread/

It was a BAD joke and was NOT funny to me. How about we turn this thread over to the media and see how many people think it's funny?

Prince Valiant
10-31-2008, 10:51 AM
I am very surprised by your ignorance... *shakes head...

I think it is wrong to racially stereotype period... And for the record, I know plenty of Irish people that can hold a job. I take offense to that stereotype.... and yes enough to fight about it!How about ones that aren't drunken fighters though? :goof

Yes, so do I...as a matter of fact, I don't know a singular Irish person that is a drunken fighter who can't hold a job. Hence the stereotype is absurd.

I mean, Richard Pryor made a living laughing at stereotypes by simply portraying them...same with Cosby, Chappelle, etc.

Irish
10-31-2008, 11:03 AM
How about ones that aren't drunken fighters though? :goof

Yes, so do I...as a matter of fact, I don't know a singular Irish person that is a drunken fighter who can't hold a job. Hence the stereotype is absurd.

I mean, Richard Pryor made a living laughing at stereotypes by simply portraying them...same with Cosby, Chappelle, etc.

You're right, there is alot of absurdity in this thread.

I can not control what anyone does anymore than you can...

This is the best way I can put it, regarding the comedians that you have listed...

Just because I make fun of myself, doesn't mean that I am going to let you make fun of me. Go to any of their houses, especially Cosby, with a big watermelon on Thanksgiving and witness for yourself how well received it would be.

There are double standards between the races that way across the world, not just with American comedians.

I would rather be over-tolerant when it comes to the sensitive nature of making fun of someone's race, especially when it comes to the history of that in this country.

I used to be ignorant but, seeing the world through my children's eyes changed me off that.

were not that long ago...

Prince Valiant
10-31-2008, 11:30 AM
But all three named comedians didn't just make fun of stereotypical black behavior...but of stereotypical white behavior as well (especially chappelle), and thats why each garnered huge white audiences. Hell, look at Eddie Murphy...his gig essentially WAS making fun of white guys uptightness compared to cool black guys...and his better stuff, like his "White like Me" parody was especially funny for how it made fun of white culture, but also of silly held notions of white culture by blacks.

Murphy's brilliant "White like Me (http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Murphy+white+like+me&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv&oi=property_suggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=1#)" from his SNL days.

WickedSix
10-31-2008, 11:43 AM
its not like it had a sign pointing to a pile of money saying free reparations here.... or a set of grillz....or some chronic.....or some crack...... its a watermelon....it could be substantially more offensive using any number of things.

if we can't laugh at ourselves than we have lost our own humanity. I'm a fat guy in a little coat. We all have things people can joke about. If its malicious then yes its over the line.... but a watermelon trap circa a bugs bunny cartoon...common :goof

Sprayaway Fox
10-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Free Hugs! Free hugs for everybody! Get your free hugs here!:)

shoooo32
10-31-2008, 01:21 PM
wow. I didn't think this would blow up like it did. And Irish, I AM a huge racist.:rolf:goof

Racer X79
10-31-2008, 01:58 PM
I think it's funny as hell, it makes me laugh everytime it see this post. Call me a racist, whatever - I don't care. Maybe it goes back to when a black kid stole my bike when I was 10. I wish I knew of a trap like this back then....I could've used a whole cart of watermelons and a big ass box....:chair: :goof

y2kws6
10-31-2008, 03:30 PM
Everyone should just watch this movie

http://www.amazon.com/Ralphie-May-Just-Correct/dp/B0001AP176

He is hilarrious and puts life into perspective.

Here are a could skitts:
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ralphie-may-just-correct-part/1544404269/?icid=VIDURVCOM06

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ralphie-may-politically-correct/572070203

Dan

P.S. I need to watch the IRAQ extras again on the DVD they are the best.

MoCkiN U
10-31-2008, 03:40 PM
I showed this picture to all the black guys at work today and everyone of them laughed and one said "that shit wouldnt be near that funny if it werent true" they didnt find anything racist about it at all. Just a funny sterotype that all comedians pick on all the time and we laugh our asses off.

of course you dont call a black man a N word
just like you dont call your wife a bitch

You gonna get the same WTF did you say response either way

Shit you just dont do but doesnt mean you cant have fun in life. If people cant handle it then move the hell on but dont sit here and spend half your brain trying to convince me I'm wrong for laughing cause frankly I'm still chuckling about it and sending it to every friend I got so they can laugh too.

CobraSnake
10-31-2008, 03:57 PM
I work on the northside and I found some people that didn't think it was funny. Although the majority did think it was hilarious wheather they were black or white.

Mark

00SoSlow
10-31-2008, 05:16 PM
its not grape soda its grape drink!!!

GTSLOW
10-31-2008, 05:25 PM
There's WAY to many http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:X0ShE3aeCWeArM:http://www.killmyday.com/thumbs/Jackass__The_Sand_V-171520.jpg's in here.
that's sand btw ^^^

Irish
10-31-2008, 05:43 PM
I am done with this stupid thread...

u_say_go
10-31-2008, 09:07 PM
. Go to any of their houses, especially Cosby, with a big watermelon on Thanksgiving and witness for yourself how well received it would be..
Why would you show up at thanksgiving with a watermelon? you know they eat hog malls, chitterlins, collards greens and candied yams. show up to a picnic in the summer thrown by your black friends, with a watermelon, and NOT one person there will think it's supposed to be some racist jab at them. you people need to relax, jesus christ!!! you think black folks dont sit around talkin' schit about whitey? think again crackerasscracker!

Irish
10-31-2008, 09:10 PM
Why would you show up at thanksgiving with a watermelon? you know they eat hog malls, chitterlins, collards greens and candied yams. show up to a picnic in the summer thrown by your black friends, with a watermelon, and NOT one person there will think it's supposed to be some racist jab at them. you people need to relax, jesus christ!!! you think black folks dont sit around talkin' schit about whitey? think again crackerasscracker!

Are you trying to start shit with me by calling me a ******* cracker?

u_say_go
10-31-2008, 09:19 PM
if you feel that was directed at you specifically, then maybe you are one. It was a generalized comment towards those who have their pink panties in a bunch over a FUNNY PICTURE!

an exerpt from Wikipedia....definition of "Cracker".
"By the 1760s, this term was in use by the English in the British North American colonies to refer to Scots-Irish settlers in the south. A letter to the Earl of Dartmouth reads: "I should explain to your Lordship what is meant by Crackers; a name they have got from being great boasters; they are a lawless set of rascalls on the frontiers of Virginia, Maryland, the Carolinas, and Georgia, who often change their places of abode". A similar usage was that of Charles Darwin in his introduction to The Origin of Species, to refer to "Virginia squatters" (illegal settlers)."

Doesn't sound too derogatory when used to describe Irishmen

STANMAN
10-31-2008, 09:21 PM
It's a Chris Rock skit Josh, calm down, Jason didn't mean anything.

Irish
10-31-2008, 09:30 PM
I was wondering because I said I would be pissed if I got called a cracker in a previous post... "I am not a saltine, nor am I a Ritz."

I am not pissed at Jason, I was just wondering what he meant by that... I don't watch Chris Rock, so I wouldn't have known that...

moels
10-31-2008, 10:43 PM
So now I'm curious. Is it ok if another white guy calls me cracker, but not if a black guy does it? Or is it up to me to pick and choose who can call me a cracker or honkey. I read on a youtube comment where a black person posted that when Obama gets elected they can finally blacken the honkey house. My sense of humor let me laugh at that one, but maybe I should have been offended??

Al
11-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Blond's are dumb.
Jews all hoard money
on and on and on....

MOAR!!! Because moar!

Sprayaway Fox
11-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Kick back have a beer and whatch the whole thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL4MbTGjB7U :goof:rolf:rolf:rolf RIP thread... RIP

mynameismike65
11-01-2008, 11:42 AM
So now I'm curious. Is it ok if another white guy calls me cracker, but not if a black guy does it? Or is it up to me to pick and choose who can call me a cracker or honkey. I read on a youtube comment where a black person posted that when Obama gets elected they can finally blacken the honkey house. My sense of humor let me laugh at that one, but maybe I should have been offended??

See that shit pisses me off. Thats going beyond humor and there is realness behind that comment. This is like what Irish was saying (i think) that white people take being called a honkey or a cracker like its funny even though it would be like calling a black person a nigger. I can see if your kidding around with your friends but when a random guy calls me a cracker or honkey I will get pissed. BTW its comments like that guys on youtube that hold black people black and discredit them. Obama worked so hard to prove that its possible for an inteligent black guy to make it to the highest position in the US gov and then some stupid asses say dumb shit like that. Its kinda like how Palin discredited all the progress Hilary made for women;)

MoCkiN U
11-01-2008, 01:02 PM
I can walk up and slap the shit out of my best friend and the fucker will laugh. That doesnt mean because hes a white dude that I can do that will all. Its really simple treat others as you would want to be treated and move on

mynameismike65
11-01-2008, 01:33 PM
I can walk up and slap the shit out of my best friend and the fucker will laugh.

Best quote I have ever read on this site:rolf

*SNOOP*
11-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I read this entire thread, I am very surprised at a few things.... Those of you that know me know that I am a very easy going guy, but this thread I did not like..... It should have been locked immediately.

"Racist comments and personal threats will not be tolerated."

Bullshit.

GHOSST
11-02-2008, 06:30 PM
I know I'm alittle late, but being african american I'm highly offended. Since 03' when I joined I have always came here for the love of the automobile, but every now then these f_ucking stereotypes pop up now then, and its not the first time and I know it wont be the last. I know people have the right to post what they want, but some shit just needs to be governed, like this horsecrap. I'm a firm supporter of Obama, and beleive we need alittle change, and thats coming from a military man. And I know for a fact that it doesnt matter who the president is, I'm still going to be here, or Afghanistan, or Iran, or North Korea, whatever. People just need to realise he IS going to be the next president. Get over it, and save all the bullshit for your own personal time, joke or not.:punch:

USMARINE1108
11-02-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm a firm supporter of Obama, and beleive we need alittle change, and thats coming from a military man.

That's comming from a very ignorant, uninformed military man. You can't be serious.

kornholio788
11-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Will respecting ^^ opinions. I know there is nothing I can do to think like I can. But you can't honestly say you have never made a stereotypical joke or a racist comment. Just a white guys can't jump even. Everybody and their mother has said that before. Called someone a cracker, or negro, or something like that. So you find it ok to say white guys can't jump but the minute someone says black people like watermelon everyone gets all up in arms.

Goat Roper
11-02-2008, 07:32 PM
That's comming from a very ignorant, uninformed military man. You can't be serious.

McCain only had a 6% lead in the last Zogby poll I saw, lots of ignorant folk out there I guess.

Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby, often cited by Drudge, so don't scream bias.

Pollster John Zogby: "Obama has consolidated his lead over McCain. His single day lead today was back to 52%-42%. He leads by 10 among independents and has solidified his base. He leads among Hispanics by38 points, African Americans by 88, 18-24 year olds by 36, 18-29 year olds by 25, 25-34 year olds by 16, women by 8, and men by 3. He has a 17 point lead among those who have already voted, 22 by those who have registered to vote in the past 6 months, Moderates by 34, Catholics by 10. He even receives 21% support among Conservatives.

"So what happened to give McCain a one-point lead in the one-day polling on Friday? It was a day of consolidation for him, too. He had been losing support among key groups and began to regain some of his own base. He now leads by 21 points among NASCAR fans, 9 among investors, 6 among voters in armed forces households, and 2 among voters over 65 years old. "

GHOSST
11-02-2008, 07:40 PM

All I know is that I'm here now, proabably will be again, and no matter whos is president, am still going to be here or somewhere else. And what the hell does me being ignorant have to do with the fact that more than 80% of people on this site hate Obama, and love the stereotypes.

GHOSST
11-02-2008, 07:46 PM
So you find it ok to say white guys can't jump but the minute someone says black people like watermelon everyone gets all up in arms. Damn skippy I'll get all up in arms, I'm proud of my heritage, and take pride in stating my opinion when offended. But guess the F_uck what, my mom is white, so I take pride in all my heritage and protect both and dont like stereotypes of either. :wow

mynameismike65
11-02-2008, 08:05 PM

Why is he so uninformed and ignorant? Because hes not a republican and has different views then you? The way I see it Bush has failed miserably and his approval rating and the past 8 years will back that up. Why the hell would having McCain and Palin be a good thing for the country now? McCain will continue Bushes failed policys and procedures and if he died, we would have the biggest joke in American politics become our president. Obama isnt flawless and Im the first to admit, however I feel as though if McCain is elected then we are fucked, so why not take a chance with something new? I get tired of these manly men only vote republican and your an anti american ***** if you vote democrat....seriously that mentallity is ignorant and uninformed, not to mention childish:thumbsup

Silver03SRT
11-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Whats that old saying....sticks and stones may break my bones but WORDS will never hurt me.

Silver03SRT
11-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Why is he so uninformed and ignorant? Because hes not a republican and has different views then you? The way I see it Bush has failed miserably and his approval rating and the past 8 years will back that up. Why the hell would having McCain and Palin be a good thing for the country now? McCain will continue Bushes failed policys and procedures and if he died, we would have the biggest joke in American politics become our president. Obama isnt flawless and Im the first to admit, however I feel as though if McCain is elected then we are fucked, so why not take a chance with something new? I get tired of these manly men only vote republican and your an anti american ***** if you vote democrat....seriously that mentallity is ignorant and uninformed, not to mention childish:thumbsup

How did Bush fail? Give me something to back that up.

USMARINE1108
11-02-2008, 08:09 PM
All I know is that I'm here now, proabably will be again, and no matter whos is president, am still going to be here or somewhere else.

You are where now?

And what the hell does me being ignorant have to do with the fact that more than 80% of people on this site hate Obama, and love the stereotypes.

You're right, nothing I said has anything to do with either. My point is, if you are an informed military man, it is extremely difficult to believe you support him, and the United States as well.

Rocket Power
11-02-2008, 08:12 PM
The way I see it Bush has failed miserably and his approval rating and the past 8 years will back that up. The democrat congress wishes it had an approval rating as high as Bush:D

mynameismike65
11-02-2008, 08:14 PM
The past 8 years for fucks sake!!!!!!!!

1)Lied about WMD.

2)Unilaterally invaded a sovereign nation without provocation and justification.

3)Lied during State of the Union speech re: Niger Uranium.

4)Responsible for pre-9/11 intelligence failures in White House, CIA, FBI.

5)Allowed 9-11 murderers to remain free while diverting precious military and financial resources to his vanity war in Iraq.

6)Lied about Saddam/bin Laden connection.

7)Turned Iraq into a terrorist breeding ground.

8)Lied about nation-building.

9)Opposed creation of 9-11 Commission and Homeland Security Department.

10)Disrespected and alienated the U.S. from French, German and other key allies.

11)Lied to Americans about the real cost of war.

12)Fostered an environment of torture at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo.

13)Lined Halliburton's pockets in Afghanistan and Iraq with fat no-bid contracts.

14)Under-manned and under-equipped our armed forces in Iraq, resulting in unnecessary death and injuries.

15)Ignored the nuclear build-up in both Iran and N.Korea; marginalized Kim Jong Il.

16)Shunned Kyoto Treaty.

17)Lied about effects of man-made pollutants on the environment to support corporate pals.

18)Lied about the insolvency of Social Security.

19)Gave huge cuts to the wealthiest taxpayers.

20)Lied about true cost of health care bill.

21)Lied about Free Trade stand.

22)Bitterly divided the nation along religious, party and sexual preference lines.

23)Guilty of numerous cronyism appointments (Homeland Security, Supreme Court, etc)

24)Rewarded failures of Condi Rice and other cronies with key promotions.

25)Dreadful energy policies lead to record gas and oil prices.

26)Responsible for the largest debt in U.S. history.

27)Colossal failure of preparedness, rescue and relief during Hurricane Katrina.

28)Fostered a culture of corruption among GOP and top leadership (Tom Delay, etc).

29)Allowed Donald Rumsfeld to keep job despite utter failure in Iraq.

30)Presided over the U.S.'s lowest popularity throughout the world.

31)Saw No Child Left Behind fail.

32)Lied last week about Iraqi troop strength during Saturday radio address. Directly contradicted by testimony given earlier in the week by Gen. Abizaid.

33)Colossal failure of preparedness for the transition of Medicare Part D.

34)Allegations of fraud surrounding the 2000 and 2004 elections.

35)Not elected by a majority of the popular vote in 2000.

36)Bush's lied when he said, "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees."

Goat Roper
11-02-2008, 08:19 PM
How did Bush fail? Give me something to back that up.

This about sums it up.

Per Ed Rollins;

He will leave office with the lowest approval ratings of any president in modern times and will be judged as a catastrophic failure who destroyed his party, left his successor with two unpopular, unfinished wars and left the country in the worst economic condition in nearly eight decades. That's not even counting the Bush administration's inadequate response to Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/26/rollins.historic/index.html?imw=Y

mynameismike65
11-02-2008, 08:20 PM
^^^Nice find....let the Clinton bashers enter and blame our economic problems on him.

Silver03SRT
11-02-2008, 08:21 PM
You google that? Now tell me what this democratic congress has done to help? I do believe they have an approval rating of 16% or so. I just know bush's rating is higher than theirs. So lets get a democrate president in there to lower it even more. Obama is a good at reading scripts. So lets start the list about Obama and his lying already and he isnt president.

Silver03SRT
11-02-2008, 08:22 PM
^^^Nice find....let the Clinton bashers enter and blame our economic problems on him.

You nailed that on the head. It was clinton. I know a few bush haters that blame clinton. :thumbsup

Goat Roper
11-02-2008, 08:25 PM
The democrat congress wishes it had an approval rating as high as Bush:D

Possibly, but it is Bush's approval ratings that will cause the Dems to control even more of Congress and the Senate after Tuesday, possibly even with a filibuster proof 60 in the Senate.

nismodave
11-02-2008, 08:25 PM
I pretty much stayed out of this one, to see where it would go.

I think its a shame that some people think that posts to start threads like this have any place on any board.

Send your pissed off PMs to me if you like, but Im locking this BS. If Yoo or Andy want to re-open it its thier choice.

Snoops post hits it on the head by quoting the rules.

**Edit** Feel free to continue your political discussion on another thread. Lord knows we have enough of them.

Cryptic
11-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I approve this closure... I've been away from the computer for the better part of this week.