PDA

View Full Version : Place to shoot pics at night

VroomPshhTsi
10-29-2008, 05:23 PM
What places around here are great for night shots? I tried some at the mall yesterday with little luck. I don't have lighting equipment but I want some great night shots with my car. Where do you guys usually shoot that is lit enough to get some great pics at night?

946speedz
10-29-2008, 05:27 PM
do you have a tripod? thatll help when you have little to no light, as far as places to shoot pics....im no help

mynameismike65
10-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Theres a really badass place to take pics in downtown. Its under the marquette interchange kinda near where all the summerfest shuttles park. Theres a split between the two overpasses where downtown milwaukee is visible. If your down for a cruise/photoshoot on Sat let me know. I know my friend sam and me want to take some pics and some flyby/highway pulls vids and have one last good cruise. He has a Supra mk3. If your down let me know, maybe your friend with the Camaro would be interested as well.

lordairgtar
10-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Do you want light to be ambient or mood setting or perhaps as a focal point? I see some really cool stuff using the Calatrava as backdrop or the War Memorial as backdrop.

Al
10-29-2008, 11:11 PM
The eastern-most part of Wisconsin Ave is good. You get the art museum in the background.

lordairgtar
10-30-2008, 12:09 AM
The eastern-most part of Wisconsin Ave is good. You get the art museum in the background.
Didn't I just say that?

Voodoo Chick
10-30-2008, 03:37 AM
What kind of car is it? I think alot depends on the car..........My Camaro, for instance, would look insanely out of place downtown, but right at home on a dark, creepy country road. It all depends on the type of car, and that particular car's "look"..............

Waver
10-30-2008, 06:05 AM
Theres a really badass place to take pics in downtown. Its under the marquette interchange kinda near where all the summerfest shuttles park. Theres a split between the two overpasses where downtown milwaukee is visible. If your down for a cruise/photoshoot on Sat let me know. I know my friend sam and me want to take some pics and some flyby/highway pulls vids and have one last good cruise. He has a Supra mk3. If your down let me know, maybe your friend with the Camaro would be interested as well.

can anyone join you?

VroomPshhTsi
10-30-2008, 08:24 AM

I'm game but I can't do it Saturday (Halloween party). When are you putting your car away? Let's set up a photoshoot/highway pulls vid day before we put away our black stangs.

mynameismike65
10-30-2008, 09:34 AM
can anyone join you?

Of course, there wont be a ton of cars, just my mustang and my friends supra, and we dont really have a set agenda but I think it should be fun

mynameismike65
10-30-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm game but I can't do it Saturday (Halloween party). When are you putting your car away? Let's set up a photoshoot/highway pulls vid day before we put away our black stangs.

Im not putting it away until I cant drive it anymore. First snow is when it goes in....so hopefully it wont snow until december so I can have the car out another month:D

Waver
10-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Of course, there wont be a ton of cars, just my mustang and my friends supra, and we dont really have a set agenda but I think it should be fun

as long as it is after 6 I am game, pm me a time and a place to meet

Nick
10-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Very dark area with no surrounding lights.

Tripod.

Long exposure.

External flash - Flashing (test mode) the object to illuminate it.

I'll do a sample this weekend. Shit, maybe even tonight. I forgot I took off work tomorrow. Yeah, i'll do it tonight.

Al
10-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Didn't I just say that?

I thought you implied Lincoln Memorial Drive or Mason St.

jbiscuit
10-30-2008, 03:07 PM

Tripod.

Long exposure.

I'll do a sample this weekend. Shit, maybe even tonight. I forgot I took off work tomorrow. Yeah, i'll do it tonight.

Hmm, interesting concept :shades:thumbsup

johnny--2k
10-30-2008, 03:26 PM
I like that idea. Too bad I dont have an external flash.....

Exitspeed
10-30-2008, 04:49 PM

Tripod.

Long exposure.

Pretty much. Not much more to it then that.

lordairgtar
10-30-2008, 04:58 PM
I thought you implied Lincoln Memorial Drive or Mason St.
But you mentioned art museum, which is The Calatrava.

Al
10-30-2008, 07:39 PM
But you mentioned art museum, which is The Calatrava.

The Calatrava and War Memorial are located east of Lincoln Mem Dr. You can see it from Wisconsin, though.

Trutildeathxxx
10-30-2008, 09:53 PM
in the third ward by the run down abandon builds is always good, one of my favorite spots for sure.

Nick
10-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Sorry my friends(mccain lol), ill try and do it sat night. Didn't get a chance tonight.

Nick
11-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Okay, went out and did this for the thread. The car is filthy, please don't mind. I could have used a few extra hands too.

Also FYI - You can do this in bright daylight too.

http://bordumb.com/forums/uploads/monthly_11_2008/post-2-1225598167.jpg

00SoSlow
11-02-2008, 03:32 AM
thats badass... i like it, to bad i dont have a nice car anymore i could use a new desktop background

VroomPshhTsi
11-02-2008, 11:24 AM
I need an external flash or whatever that was...

nice pic

Nick
11-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks. If you need any advice on how to accomplish some photo trickery, let me know.